• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bruce Ohr, DOJ official who used Steele dossier, received nearly $43K in bonuses + raise in midst of Russia probe

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Source at Washington Times.

The Justice Department official who was demoted for serving as the conduit between the FBI and ex-British spy Christopher Steele received nearly $43,000 in taxpayer-funded performance bonuses during the early stages of the Russia investigation, according to documents released Friday.
The official, Bruce Ohr, also received a $2,600 salary increase after his demotion, the records revealed.
Government watchdog group Judicial Watch released the employment documents that it obtained through a Freedom of Information Act request.
“These documents will raise questions as to whether the conflicted Bruce Ohr, who the FBI used to launder information from Christopher Steele was rewarded for his role in the illicit targeting of President Trump,” said Tom Fitton, Judicial Watch president.
According to the documents, Mr. Ohr was awarded a $14,250 bonus in November 2015, which doubled to $28,000 in November 2016. Less than a year later, he was removed from his position as associate attorney general and later transferred again.

---

Fascinating. Do you believe this is a case of corruption, or was he simply being rewarded by his bosses for what seemed like a good job at that time?

Bruce Ohr was an important link in legitimizing the Steele dossier, which led to the investigation into President Trump for any ties to the Russian government. If it can be established that he was given favorable treatment for his behavior then it adds credibility to Trump's accusations of deep state/corrupt government interference into his presidential campaign.

Reactions: cryptoadam

somerset

Banned
Apr 15, 2019
One thing to remember- British Intelligence enjoys taking the piss out of their American counterparts. Steele was an indy contractor for MI5. What he did, he did cos his handlers wanted it. But were they serious in the attempt to take Trump down?

It is true the British fabian masters wanted high fabian Clinton to win. But their tools, like the peeps in MI5, are somewhat erratic. It was obvious fabian high command in the USA had effed up long before most even knew Trump had a real chance of winning. Their f-ck up was why I, and others like me, called Trump's victory way way way before americans on sites like this one had a clue about his coming victory.

I know how the deep state in the UK fixes elections, and they do it with perfection. So watching the hilarious hopeless methods used to lift Clinton and sink Trump, informed me that the yank election fixers are just so awful at their job. The steele hatchet job was conceptually wrongheaded - and I do not believe his MI5 handlers didn't know this.

But of course the whole fabian team that shilled for Clinton in the USA has been well rewarded in the meantime. What did you expect? An end to corruption?

• LOL
Reactions: Tesseract

Bolivar687

Jun 13, 2014
USA
Public service lawyers shouldn't receive bonuses like this at all. That's not to say these bonuses are proof of corruption but Ohr is arguably at the center of the dossier controversy, at least how it was being used by the Department of Injustice.