• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brutal Legend Cover Art.

wRATH2x

Banned
brutal_legend_box_art.jpg

Pretty awesome.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
:lol at the Double Fine and EA logos. Good cover.

Schafer ascends to game-author status. Fuck yes. And maybe he killed American McGee on his way up.

EDIT: Huh, he always gets credit! I'm a moron. I don't like deleting/editing my own posts, though, even the stupid ones.

apotema

I hate Jack Black, and I don't like metal that much

But the game looks interesting, will I be dissapointed?

Acosta

Ken Masters said:
LMOA @ putting Tim Schaffer's name on the box like that's going to make difference

It´s his fucking game, he can call it Brutal Tim Schafer fucking Rules: The Game if he wants. Now shut up and bow to him.

I think the art looks fantastic and I don't think the PAL art looks terrible either. They both make their point and give the viewer a glimpse at the traits of the character that will be played in the game.

soldat7 said:
Does he not deserve credit and recognition?

it's pretentious

instead of focusing on the game itself, he sees this as an opportunity to increase his own "fame". But let's be real, without Jack Black this game doesn't 1/100 the coverage it's been getting

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Ken Masters said:
But let's be real, without Jack Black this game doesn't 1/100 the coverage it's been getting

REALLY?

REALLY?

I can understand that Jack's voice will help sell the game, and get it more mainstream coverage, but the reason people are going fucking ape shit over this game in the enthusiast game press world is becuase of TIM FUCKING SCHAFER

McBacon said:
REALLY?

REALLY?

I can understand that Jack's voice will help sell the game, and get it more mainstream coverage, but the reason people are going fucking ape shit over this game in the enthusiast game press world is becuase of TIM FUCKING SCHAFER

From a marketing perpective, it would be a good idea to mention Jack Black's involvement on the cover. Tim Shafer deserves to have his name on there too too but then so do a whole lot of other game directors who don't get it.

Acosta

NYR said:
Yowza - Tim Schaffer, welcome to the ego club, please join Sam houser at the table.

A) Is Tim Schafer, learn to write.

B) Tim's games have used his name way before Sam Houser was somebody.

1zp77z6.jpg

You know why? Because he makes distinctive game and his own seal and style of doing game, and his fans recognize that. That's called authorship for you, people who have made something worth a shit usually get it.

Any other ignorant rambling?

McBacon said:
REALLY?

REALLY?

that Psychonauts game was huge hit, wasn't it....

Acosta

Ninja Kn1ght said:
From a marketing perpective, it would be a good idea to mention Jack Black's involvement on the cover. Tim Shafer deserves to have his name on theer too too but then so do a whole lot of other game directors who don't get it.

That's their problem. Time to create their own studios like Tim did.

NYR

okay, after seeing all of those old boxes with his name on it, I change my mind - he is just sticking with a theme, and was doing it for a long time so he can do it on this cover.

Still, will sell like crap so it won't matter - OH SNAP! :D

NYR

Acosta said:
A) Is Tim Schafer, learn to write.
The Spelling is wrong, learn to distinguish between writing and spelling...or continue to be a nerdy douche and criticize others when you yourself are not above nitpicking.

Acosta

NYR said:
The Spelling is wrong, learn to distinguish between writing and spelling...or continue to be a nerdy douche and criticize others when you yourself are not above nitpicking.

Much better being a nerdy douche than an ignorant who has the attention span of a monkey. Now go cry to anyone who cares and document yourself better before writing another brilliant post.

Top Bottom