• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bryan Fuller Stepping Back From Showrunner Role on ‘Star Trek: Discovery’

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm relieved. With Fuller on board I was going to have to watch. Now I'll only have to watch the first couple of episodes. Not saying I won't give it more of a chance if those are really good, but with Fuller I was on board for the whole season, now it'll just be more of a mild curiosity type of thing.

mcrommert

Banned
Good...get rid of the rest of the hacks and build this properly instead of cheaply and stupidly

20-24 episodes a season...on a proper network or netflix with proper budgets and post nemesis

Stop remaking TOS over and over and over again...no one wants that shit

/rant over

caliph95

Good...get rid of the rest of the hacks and build this properly instead of cheaply and stupidly

20-24 episodes a season...on a proper network or netflix with proper budgets and post nemesis

Stop remaking TOS over and over and over again...no one wants that shit

/rant over
Please don't tell me you're calling Fuller a hack

Fuller is still involved, but I think everyone came to the realisation he just can't run the day-to-day stuff on the show. Fuller has set the foundations for the show and he is clearly passionate about what direction it was going to take - maybe a little too passionate.

I have a feeling the reason why the entire cast except the lead has had their positioned filled is because Fuller was being too much of a perfectionist and delaying production. I mean, this is nothing new for trek... GR HATED the idea of Patrick Stewart as captain and Janeway's role was recast at the last minute due to creative differences between the actress and the showrunners.

Of course, there are reasons to be concerned... But don't lose your heads here people. Trek having wavouring show runners is like a tradition.

Oh by the way, this show is getting made. Either CBS is making it or Netflix will, because there is no way CBS are backing out of that presumably huge deal they did with Netflix to get the international rights to the show. No way.

mcrommert

Banned
Not a trekkie but he is better off doing doing American Gods than a show on CBS

Agreed...i look forward to his take on such a classic

I really hope this scuttles all the plans for the show...trek can survive waiting a few more years...it can't survive something worse than voyager

Tansut

I don't think Star Trek Online is actually canon, though. It's like the novels. In its own timelime.
Well, at least the stuff about Data becoming captain of the Enterprise is canon, as that was featured in the prequel comic series of the 2009 reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom