• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bubblews Rumor: Fallout 4 shown behind closed doors at E3 (Releases 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekim

Source: http://www.bubblews.com/news/660463-fallout-4-announcement

Fallout 4 has (apparently) been absent from E3 this year. However, behind closed doors, Bethesda gave details and a 37 second trailer for the upcoming Fallout 4. Pete Hines of Bethesda is keeping tight lipped about the 45 minute presentation, but it seems there was a leaker inside who was willing to give this information.

Aside from all the rumours, this is the only confirmed news. It just looks like we have another 2 years before we'll be able to play the game.

Bulletpoints:
> Fallout 4 has been in development since January 2011 by a small team, as the majority were working on Skyrim.

> As of February 2013, the team working on Fallout 4 is the size of the team which was working on Skyrim. This is due to Skyrim development ending.

> As it stands now, Fallout 4 will release on Xbox One, PS4, PC, Xbox 360 and PS3. However, this is still subject to change.

> The actual announcement for Fallout 4 will come BEFORE E3 2014, but will NOT launch in 2014.

> The expected launch is in October 2015.

> The game is (as of June 2013) 55% complete, consequently, voice actors will be hired towards the end of 2014.

> There is no planned multi-player, but there is a possibility of Co-Op locally.

> The game will take place in Somerville, Cambridge, Arlington (and surrounding areas). The main setting is in a Post-Apocalyptic Boston. However, this area will not be immediately accessible.

> The story is not clear, however, Vaults exist.

> The 37 second trailor starts starts with a half-broken phone sparking. The scene pulls out slowly with the stereotypical music you would hear. Slowly you work out the scene is pulling out of a belltower. As it pulls further out, you see a destroyed town around. This is Boston. Suddenly, you hear the bell chime loudly, and the screen changes black instantly. The words of Ron Pearlman are heard "War... War never changes...". The logo for Fallout 4 appears with the 5 platforms above listed.

For reference : people on twitter teased an unannounced game from Bethesda:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=62702601
imagef0ulb.jpg

I really enjoyed both Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Definitely can't wait for the next one.

It certainly does seem unlikely it will launch on current generation late 2015, by then I'd have thought most teams would have migrated over to the new hardware.

Massa

This is most likely false, Jason Schreier from Kotaku posted something to that effect here on GAF. People are just reaching because they want Fallout 4, but if I had to bet it would be on something from id.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
This is most likely false, Jason Schreier from Kotaku posted something to that effect here on GAF. People are just reaching because they want Fallout 4, but if I had to bet it would be on something from id.

Prey 2's revision being shown behind closed doors would actually fit all the facts way better than Fallout 4 or anything else.

Dysun

Disappointing to hear it's in development as a cross-gen game. Wont expect much of an engine overhaul if thats the case

Ein Bear

45 minute long presentation with 37 seconds of footage? Feel kind of sorry for the people that went to that, sounds dead boring.

If true, message to develop team: Please look on how Obsidian handled quests in Fallout: New Vegas. Please make sure that writing is much much improved from your previous games.

While I don't doubt that Bethesda really is working on Fallout 4 and might even show it behind close-doors first, this rumor doesn't sound legit. Cross-gen with a 2015 release date and co-op? It doesn't strike me as very Bethesda-ish. The rest is vague enough to be credible.

Wow if 2015 really is the release window then I hope they are using a great engine for it, to withstand the test of time. Or maybe that's why it's going to take that long, if they are using mega-textures like Rage - then it might take that extra time to make the engine work properly.

I would love for this game to come out in 2014, 2015 is just so far away - but I do applaud them for not revealing if they are looking for a 2015 release.

Kusagari

Also this is a horrendously awful source. It amounts to a random blog post by someone not even remotely involved in the video game industry. Indeed, your source is a 28 year old model who posts things like "My Night in Underwear" and "Being beautiful is too hard!"

Saying I'm dubious is being generous.

sounds legit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom