• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bulletstorm Demo Impressions | Up on XBL | [Update: PC Demo Soon]

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Strider2K99 said:

still got like 12 hours to go though, Xbros be laughing at us

I'll give it a shot. This might be fun, even though I don't really like anything I've read about it.

Darklord

Banned
Wow, this is downloading so painfully slow. I'll try and let you know my impressions before the games launch at this rate.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't seen any videos of this, but the dev team is encouraging. Will check out later.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
S1kkZ said:
is that good or bad? i dont expect that the game looks as good as the trailers (which show the pc version). at 50% now...
It's the thid revision to the UT3 engine. It is bound to look great. In fact, I bet this game will eat the graphics praise that otherwise would go towards Gears 3.

S1kkZ said:
is that good or bad? i dont expect that the game looks as good as the trailers (which show the pc version). at 50% now...

Well, Epic is co-developing it as well, and their bread and butter for the past five years has overwhelmingly been the 360. I'm sure they found a way to crank up the graphical fidelity to acceptable standards, even for PC types.

burgerdog

Let the game run for about 30 seconds at the press start screen to see what the new UE3 is all about.

edit
Oops, guys, while the text toggle is in the options. It seems to be locked to on for the demo only.

burgerdog

Do not play this like a regular shooter. I did that during my first playthrough and came out unimpressed. Second time around I played it like PCF has been in all the trailers and it was so much fun.

snap0212

Damn it. Only for Gold Members. See, that's what you're getting when you give all the 48h codes away. Guess I'll have to wait until it releases on PSN.

Pretty fun demo
It was better the second time I replayed it.

Once you get the hand of it its pretty cool.

Graphics are superb

Haunted

No word of a PC demo? 360 one is Gold only? Will have a look on PSN then...

Feels like they're trying their best to keep me from playing this game. :lol

burgerdog said:
Do not play this like a regular shooter. I did that during my first playthrough and came out unimpressed. Second time around I played it like PCF has been in all the trailers and it was so much fun.
Listen to this person HAD the same experience tried to play this like Call of Duty and that is not how to play the game.
Just have fun and be creative.
Try the demo at least 5 times with different weapons and than you will see this game is amazing, a current gen painkiller :D.

snap0212 said:
Damn it. Only for Gold Members. See, that's what you're getting when you give all the 48h codes away. Guess I'll have to wait until it releases on PSN.

48 hour code wouldn't help you in either case. They don't allow 48 hour people have access to Gold stuff.

Xater

Snuggler said:
still got like 12 hours to go though, Xbros be laughing at us

I'll give it a shot. This might be fun, even though I don't really like anything I've read about it.

Sony has to learn how to push that button earlier.

Spookie

Though I can't play very well with the controller this is a barrel of laughs. Totally and utterly batshit.

Can't wait for it's release!

S1kkZ

burgerdog said:
I wish they would have used an outdoor area in the demo. Saving the best for retail, I guess.
the level has its moments, but i am glad that they are saving the best for the full version.
perfect demo: introduces the gameplay mechanics, its short but with tons of replay value, doesnt show anything from the story mode.

burgerdog

S1kkZ said:
the level has its moments, but i am glad that they are saving the best for the full version.
perfect demo: introduces the gameplay mechanics, its short but with tons of replay value, doesnt show anything from the story mode.

The game definitely needed an intro like the one that was included in the demo. There will probably a be a lot of people who have never heard or seen the game that will download the demo and give it a spin. Proceed to play it like CoD and delete it in five minutes if they skip that intro.

Acidote

I turned on my 360 after a LONG while to finally play something I might be interested in, only to be told I have to buy xbl gold to download it. Dind't they remove that shit?

Haunted

Acidote said:
I turned on my 360 after a LONG while to finally play something I might be interested in, only to be told I have to buy xbl gold to download it. Dind't they remove that shit?
Nah, pretty much every higher profile demo is gold only for a week or so.

Would be hilarious if the Bulletstorm demo on PSN is for PSN+ people only. :lol

confuziz

Banned
Haunted said:
Nah, pretty much every higher profile demo is gold only for a week or so.

Would be hilarious if the Bulletstorm demo on PSN is for PSN+ people only. :lol

Trust me, I wouldn't find it to be hilarious.

Darklord

Banned
Here is my impression of the demo.

- Looks great and runs smooth.
- Kill with skill helps it be different from normal shooters.
- Weapons seem fun enough so far.
- Would feel a lot better with a mouse/KB set up(but still ok on 360)
- What's the point of the other characters running around in this mode? Nothing.
- Why is there no jump button? Why to I have to press A to climb over everything like a third person shooter?
- I worry this game will turn into 'repeat same combo 50 times to get high score'
- Soundtrack is completely forgettable, not even a good action soundtrack.
- Dialog comes off as a bit try hard but is passable cheesy.
- Unique unlocks for the full game from playing the demo is pretty cool.
- It's fun.

7.5/10 for the demo.

I'll probably buy it but on PC. Maybe when it's a little cheaper depending on what the full version offers.

Spookie

Darklord said:
- I worry this game will turn into 'repeat same combo 50 times to get high score'

Your score drops quickly if you keep using the same combo. Some are more effective against groups than others. I'm on my 7th play through and still discovering new skillshots.

Gowans

I really like this demo, the style and the way you have to string things together.

The icing on the top is the online leaderboard.

Acidote said:
Demo becomes available to every non-Gold user after a period of 7 or 12 days I think.

Top Bottom