• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition rated for PS4/XB1/PC, published by Gearbox

holyshitpe6.jpg

Catvoca

Banned
I hope there's substantial improvements or new stuff, because as it stands I can get the game for like €3 on previous gen consoles.

Mohasus

I can't think of a single remaster from last-gen that is clearly better than the older version on PC.

But at least I'll be able to play this online with my friends (since no one wanted to deal with GFWL), so that's a plus.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I sure hope it's a free upgrade on PC since they haven't bothered removing GFWL from the current release.

Get over your dislike for Randy and buy it. People Can Fly needs the support, and if it also well a sequel is much more likely.

This. This was my reasoning for getting HW Remastered

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Isn't the original game just... broken on PC now, due to GFWL?

This is good news just from the standpoint of having that POS removed. And because Bulletstorm was an amazing game. Totally understood what I want from a shooter.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Why would it be? Honest question, as every GFWL game still works here as long as you take a while to update that client tons of times and download your profile.

I was under the impression that they'd shut down GFWL, so games that required you to login to play or save just wouldn't work at this point.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Cool, haven't played it yet.
Probably won't be released in Germany though.

I thought Germany laxed the censorship laws for them vidya gams? Mortal Kombat X came out in all it's gory. Nothing in Bulletstorm is as graphic as the shit in Mortal Kombat

HvySky

Not really thrilled about Gearbox being involved. Game was fun though, so I'm glad people who missed it the first time will get a chance to play it now.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Interested to see what they might add to the PC version to make it worth it, but I'd be down for more dick jokes.

"Not a Game for Windows Live Title anymore!" is all they need to add.

Day one baby. Gunplay was so good, trying your hand at all these trick shots.

So what's the status of people can fly? Last I heard they were partially behind the last gears of War game

Man they need to make a new painkiller or some other shooter asap

Edit: ah I see they are free. Hopefully they get funded for something else soon. Don't want them to make another borderlands or something. Do their own thing

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If true this will be EA's first jump into the remaster foray.

Now just get the Mass Effect trilogy and Dead Space trilogy.

Crysis? Sure. Why not?

EA owns neither the game nor IP, and never has. The holdup has always been the EA Partners publishing contract, which has presumably expired. Gearbox wouldn't fund a remaster of a game that it couldn't publish.

Grief.exe

Get over your dislike for Randy and buy it. People Can Fly needs the support, and if it sells well a sequel is much more likely.

Are People Can Fly involved?

If a PC version is part of this remaster without GFWL, I'm all for this :).

Agreed.

GFWL was a blight on the platform, glad to see one of the last holdouts gone.

Excellent. Hope for a free update/ free new version to the steam version.

Probably not since it seems Gearbox purchased the IP and wasn't initially involved in the revenues.

It was such an underrated gem so I am glad to see it get a remaster and perhaps gain lots more fans for a sequel.

Hopefully it's a decent port though , and hopefully reasonably priced as well.

bulletstorm-o.gif

Nabs

I downloaded the game from Origin recently and had to update GFWL manually to get it to run. This is good news.

Why does everyone hate Gearbox so much? I know Randy can be a bit of a knob and some of their games aren't great but they aren't dreadful. And they're just publishing this on top of that.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
I heard this is one of the best last gen games I missed. Glad it's getting a second chance as a remaster.

Top Bottom