• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bulletstorm |OT| Dick-Tits

Hammer24

Banned
Game looks nice, controls are tight. Basically plays like Gears 2.5.
I still got a bit trouble to have no hud whatsoever, and no ammo counter. Otherwise its pretty fun.

DarkStar said:
What are common GFWL issues?
Im a console gamer.

I'll just quote myself from the Steam thread...

jaundicejuice said:
Finished downloading both Kane & Lynch: Dead Men and Dog Days while I was out grocery shopping. When I try to play Kane & Lynch: Dead Men, it keeps failing to launch on the initial set-up. I restart my machine, verify the integrity of the local files, nothing gets updated, launch the game, it fails to launch on the initial set-up yet again. I scroll through the Kane & Lynch Steam forum, there's a topic on the first page with a few other users having the exact same problem, with one person offering some unhelpful advice (basically what I've already done). I scroll back a few pages more and find this topic. The 25 easy steps you need to take to enjoy Kane & Lynch: Dead Men...

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1689094

himselfe from the Steam forums said:
25 Easy steps to playing 'Kane & Lynch: Dead Men':

1. Launch game, watch it die for no reason.
2. Google why game doesn't start.
3. Manually start the install process for GFW, because the auto-install fails for no apparent reason. (see: http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...hp?t=1082262#7)
4. Launch game.
5. Try and log into GFW while game shows stuff in the background which you can't see behind the GFW crap.
6. Accept the GFW update, and watch the game die.
7. Launch game.
8. Try and log into GFW.
9. Watch the convenient ingame mouse cursor disappeare whenever the GFW interface that requires a mouse pops up.
10. Accept another GFW update, and watch the game die.
11. Launch game.
12. Try and log into GFW.
13. Accept another GFW update, and watch the game die.
14. Launch game.
15. Try and log into GFW but find out you don't have a gamer tag.
16. Launch a browser window which minimises game
17. Create an XBOX LIVE account... what the hell? I don't have an XBOX.
18. Get assigned some random crappy gamer tag.
19. Close browser window
20. Quit game
21. Launch game
22. Log into GFW
23. Get told "A player has logged in", thank you now ♥♥♥♥ OFF.
24. Play game.
25. Enjoy the weird and unnatural disorientating "stylistic" camera angle.

You have to manually install GFWL first, which is in your Steam client directory (Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\kane and lynch dead men\XLiveRedist), before attempting to launch the game. The game won't see that you don't have the client installed, then prompt you to install GFWL, it just fails on the auto-install. What the fuck Microsoft/Eidos.

Edit: Yup, took about that many steps, which is absolutely ridiculous. Launching the game, logging in, forced to do an update which automatically quits the game, repeat the same process two or three times and then you can finally play the game. The experience of Games For Windows Live versus Steam is perfectly demonstrated With Kane & Lynch: Dead Men and Kane & Lynch: Dog Days. With GFWL I had to jump through multiple hoops just to play the damned game, with Steam it just worked, I launched Dog Days and I could play right away. Imagine that!

The biggest thing that annoys/puzzles me about Games For Window Live is that you can't use your mouse to navigate their client. I can't believe that, who designed this? How do you do that? How do you make an application for the PC that doesn't allow you to use a mouse to navigate it? How?

Now, contrast the above with Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days, a Steamworks title, which just worked when I launched the game. No issues, no hoops to jump through, no update loops, it just ran after I installed the game.

At best Games For Windows Live is an annoyance, at worst it can render your games unplayable as ghst can attest to. It adds nothing but frustration to the experience.

Agyar

The demo for this is fantastic. I went back to it this evening and managed to increase my high score from just over 9k to 12370. I cannot wait to play through all the Echo levels in the full game.

Tawpgun

So I have heard that the game does not have Co-Op campaign... only Co-Op "score attack" modes.

Disappointing, but I'm still getting it.

TheOddOne

Bulletstorm review - 4/5 in Empire
The first Bulletstorm review has appeared online and it's a 4/5 from Empire.

The movie mag boldly calls Epic's new IP "the most innovative first-person shooter in years," praising its "addictive" skillshot system and "instantly endearing" arsenal of weapons.

"The most innovative first-person shooter in years, Bulletstorm is as addictive as it is bold. Beyond every crude one-liner and the unashamed gratuity of its violence, it's a game full of hidden depth and simple thrills of gaming past. Not one for grandma, mind."

Other online reviews go live tomorrow afternoon.

We've already offered you the chance to tell us what you want to know - so get your requests in and we'll make sure it's covered in our verdict.
lolwut

Barrett2

I have release date shipping with Amazon, but since today is President's Day, will that affect the shipping? That would suck, I have like 4 things shipping this week.

DaBuddaDa

lawblob said:
I have release date shipping with Amazon, but since today is President's Day, will that affect the shipping? That would suck, I have like 4 things shipping this week.
Presidents day only affects USPS, as USPS is government run and all federal offices are closed today and there is no mail delivery. If your shipment(s) are USPS then they will be one day late. UPS and/or FedEx, however, are open and still deliver today. If your shipment(s) are either of those, there shouldn't be any delay.

JimiNutz

Banned
Brandon F said:
So what is the Epic edition?? The OP doesn't explain shit.

I think its the same as regular version but you'll get early access to the Gears 3 Beta in April (360 only for obvious reasons).

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
confused said:
Well, he is kinda right. The skillshot system does add skill/replay and a certain freshnes to the game. And I can see this being a throwback to the leaderboard days of yore where trying to beat your mate's highscore is all the motivation you need to spend all day refining your skill.
It's basically the Portal of dudebro shooters.

CSampson

grkazan12 said:
Quick question: Do communities in GFW games tend to last very long? or are they basically barren? (still don't know what to do)

I have the same dilemma as this gentlemen.

Don't know what to get, PC or 360..

mr stroke

NutJobJim said:
I think its the same as regular version but you'll get early access to the Gears 3 Beta in April (360 only for obvious reasons).

+1

AFAIK every launch edition is the same(just like BFBC2 Limited editions), there all "epic"

derFeef

TheOddOne said:
Weird people are trolling the chat.
Just wanted to say - the most immature chat I have ever seen. Jesus.
Reluctant-Hero said:
Nice, listening to it right now. But I wish we had the team from People Can Fly as well. It's their game, right? Cliff and Tanya are the producers, no?
I submitted a question regarding that topic. Don´t think it will get asked, though.

oh wow so much awesome moments :D im on Chapter 4.2 The humour is also pretty funny and clever on occasion, its not just dicktits all the time. (although 85% is but they have a lot of dialogue and its always something new)

Smokey

Liking what I'm reading on this page. Wasn't overly impressed by the demo, but I have been looking forward to this for a while. I'm hoping this is a case of the full game being better than the demo. Regardless I'm in tomorrow!

Lunchbox

Banned
ahsley keeps calling me to pick it up tomorrow

chick sounds like she's on speed, "BBBUllet SSStoorm will be avaiable FOR PPICK up tuesday morning ! byeeeee"

CyReN

My copy from Amazon is about to be sent out, can't wait to play this bad boy tomorrow. Really hope the snow we are getting won't delay it.

I find I'm so excited, I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain.

Neuromancer said:
I find I'm so excited, I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head.

vpzpjp.gif

Spitz

I love this game thank you People Can Fly and Epic Games!

Finished the First Chapter on very hard and played Anarchie Mode yesterday and today with 2 friends. Anarchie mode is great and we just finished level 20 on one map today. You have to coordinate your kills to get this far and thats the only way i think. Without communication its impossible to get the needed points for the next round. The campaign is great so far and chapter one was not hard to master on very hard.

The Lamonster said:
What is the meaning of the "dick-tits?"
The origin of the term is shrouded in mystery. As something of an amateur/enthusiast etymologist, I can only make an educated guess based on the information at hand and my own personal research.

I believe they are breasts that, visually, resemble penises in some way.

S1kkZ

samus4ever said:
Better than Horde mode?
i never liked horde. its less about surving, its about working as a team and kill the enemies in a creative way to reach the score limit.

S1kkZ said:
i never liked horde. its less about surving, its about working as a team and kill the enemies in a creative way to reach the score limit.

Sounds good. Did you happen to use the matchmaking system? Does it match pretty fast?

SWEET

Greetings from Amazon.com.

We thought you'd like to know that we shipped your items, and that this completes your order. Your order is being shipped and cannot be changed by you or by our customer service department.

Hope the snowstorm in my area doesn't delay it.

S1kkZ

Neuromancer said:
So is there a definitive 'end' then?
i think it ends at wave 20. good luck reaching that...
we gave up at wave 13, its hard as fuck and you really have to think before killing an enemy.
but its not frustrating: if you fail a wave you restart it, but you keep the skill points and can buy upgrades/weapons. the upgrade system in anarchy is much deeper than in story/echoes.
@samus: i played with a friend. i used the matchmaking system yesterday: worked fine.

S1kkZ said:
i think it endsat wave 20. good luck reaching that...
we gave up at wave 13, its hard as fuck and you really have to think before killing an enemy.
but its not frustrating: if you fail a wave you restart but you keep the skill points and can buy upgrades/weapons. the upgrade system in anarchy is much deeper than in story/echoes.
@samus: i played with a friend. i used the matchmaking system yesterday: worked fine.
Hmm not sure I like the sounds of this. Well I bought it for the SP anyway.

VASPER

Banned
well i broke down and got the epic edition from amazon, the $20 credit for the 360 was too good to pass up. Wanted the PC version sooo bad maybe i will double dip if i like it enough.

S1kkZ

Neuromancer said:
Hmm not sure I like the sounds of this. Well I bought it for the SP anyway.
i only played with one friend, should be much easier when you play with 3 other people.
like i said: its never frustrating and there is a very nice difficulty curve (wave 1-7 easy, 7-10 nomral, 11-13 challenging).

Top Bottom