• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bulletstorm Remastered on the way?

PaulloDEC

Well deserved, game is brilliant. One of my all-time favourite shooters.

Yet another remaster..

How about stop being lazy and release a proper sequel?

Did you give this comment much thought before you posted it? Do you actually think the reason they'd be considering a remaster rather than a sequel is because they just can't be bothered?

Because I'm sure you're smarter than that.

The M.O.B

The PC version is straight up broken due to the inclusion of GFWL anyways.

Thanks Epic.

Yup! I feel like I must of re-downloaded the game over 20 times trying to get the game to work. I never did end up playing the game because It went to a black screen after logging into GFWL.

Tenebrous

Bulletstorm is about an hour too long for me (weird to say for a 6 hour game), but a game I really enjoyed, and wouldn't mind replaying again at some point in the future. A remaster? Sure, I'm up for that if it gives the devs the chance to pool money for a sequel/new IP.

ultrazilla

This generation's Duke Nukem. Tried to reinstall my steam copy recently but it's bogged down with horrible Games for Windows Live. :(

Sesha

Not surprising with 2 on the way. I'll probably dip to support the franchise.

Yet another remaster..

How about stop being lazy and release a proper sequel?

Nice drive-by. You don't know anything about it. Bit premature to call it lazy, no? Also, they are working on a sequel, but People Can Fly is a small independent developer and the remaster can provide necessary funding.

Does anyone even want this? Game came out with a gears of war beta and died right after

It's better gameplay-wise than any of the Gears games, so yes.

Criminally overlooked game.

The mechanics for scoring encouraged players to rack up points in creative ways separating it from the typical FPS.

It was criminally marketed.

They actively turned me away as a consumer with their bro-humor approach to marketing and effectively buried what ended being a fun, and at times even cleverly written campaign.

onken

I got this with PS+ and honestly had a great time with it (despite the painful acting), was gutted to see it had been buried in the lead coffin called GFWL. Great news!

They can finally bring it over to GFWL successor, the Windows 10 store as a UWP app.

D:

LordRaptor

I don't think I can honestly say it was the best shooter of last generation, because that is a veeeeeeeery steep claim to make, but its sure in the top ten, maybe even top 5.

New game plus is a serious need for this game. And holy hell I love this game. Even if the humor can be a bit flat in a couple places, it usually has me laughing pretty hard. The whole bit with the elevator rides just gets better and better. Also the boot and whip combo make for one of the best melee weapon systems in any game.

Mupod

Not sure I want to go back in to it since I've played through it 3 times already. But Echoes mode was quite replayable and where the game really shines. If you want good scores you HAVE to really mix up your use of weapons and the environment in a short period of time. In the actual game you're not encouraged to do that nearly as much. I would seriously consider buying this remaster if they went back and put more thought into the scoring system in the campaign.

One thing I thought was odd is that it seemed like a running thing in reviews that they just treated it like it was Serious Sam or something. Felt like most of them outright dismissed the characters, plot etc and saying that those things didn't matter at all. Yes the dialogue is ridiculous but I found the characters more memorable than almost any shooter last gen, especially Serrano.
U R A DUMBTIT

Grief.exe

It's pretty shameful that the original Steam version wasn't cleaned up to this day.

Blame Epic for their stance on piracy at the time. It's funny that Cliffy was spitting on PC gamers a few years ago and now he's giving us a reach around because that's where the money is.

PCF also cited EA as difficulty in cleaning up the Steam version.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Should be called Bulletstorm Fucking Remastered, Dick-Tits.

If this is true, I'll be very happy. Bulletstorm has probably the best single player "nonrealistic" FPS campaign I played besides Doom 2016.

Double points if it revitalizes interest in the series and prompts a sequel.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
EA would not use ID@Xbox.

It's rather unlikely that an EA Partners game would be distributed via the program, yes. I was just presenting the two scenarios that would explain why the remaster is/was happening as the fate of Bulletstorm the game is still EA's court and will remain there until the EA Partners agreement that Epic signed expires and publishing rights default back to the copyright holder -- PCF.

ChryZ

Blame Epic for their stance on piracy at the time. It's funny that Cliffy was spitting on PC gamers a few years ago and now he's giving us a reach around because that's where the money is.

PCF also cited EA as difficulty in cleaning up the Steam version.
EA is also to blame, they're still selling this game in its current state. The publisher should pay/ask/contract/commission the dev to keep the title up to date and functional. Other publishers/devs do managed to replace SecuRom or GFWL with Steamworks.

thelastword

Banned
This is kind of silly because the game still looks awesome.
Yes, and it can still look better, the PS3 version was missing some lighting effects and the games were 30fps with dips on consoles. Better textures, improved models and lighting and 1080p 60fps is definitely welcome, especially on consoles.

bumpkin

"Oh yeah? Well I'm gonna blow your dick off!"

...or something to that effect. It's been ages since I played it.

Ivan 3414

Maybe if this game was bundled with free Gears 4 DLC like the original was bundled with the Gears 3 Beta, and I'll pick it up. The original game was obnoxiously bad.

Top Bottom