• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bulletstorm Remastered on the way?

Nick Robinson at Polygon/anime Twitter just tweeted this out:

Uh, so… I just found a folder on an Xbox USB called "Bulletstorm Remaster." No mention of this anywhere online. Huh!

Ck5fwr0UoAE9q9e.jpg:large

Ck5fwfyVEAAn49W.jpg:large

Ck5fwwuUoAAnzAV.jpg:large

Stealth announcement I guess?

edit:

Thanks for the thread! Here's the 4th image from the folder, which I wasn't able to fit my initial tweet:

nhZOoRd.jpg

Super thrilled about this, by the way – It's been too long since I played through Bulletstorm. What a neat thing to discover on a flash drive that otherwise consisted of nothing but screenshots from 200+ ID@Xbox games :^)

As People Can Fly have the IP rights, guessing they're trying to make some cash while thinking about how to move ahead.

I never picked it up when it originally came out, will do so with this Remaster though.

Monocle

Hell yes, what a great game. The writing is hilarious. It's a joy to play. So much variety in the weapons and environments. Bulletstorm is immensely satisfying and well made on just about every level. I hope a lot of people who missed it the first time around give it a try.

Hellraider

Yeah, I've been expecting this to happen since the moment PCF acquired the rights to the game. I really want this.

Tizoc

Dang I own this game on Origin and not Steam @_@

Hmm I wouldn't mind getting it on consoles long as it is 60 FPS.

Thanks for the thread! Here's the 4th image from the folder, which I wasn't able to fit my initial tweet:

Super thrilled about this, by the way – It's been too long since I played through Bulletstorm. What a neat thing to discover on a flash drive that otherwise consisted of nothing but screenshots from 200+ ID@Xbox games :^)

Oublieux

Criminally overlooked game.

The mechanics for scoring encouraged players to rack up points in creative ways separating it from the typical FPS.

mcz117chief

Since People Can Fly are working on a sequel (pretty much 100% certain at this point) it wouldn't be a bad idea to make a re-master and get people back into the series. I would buy the game in a heartbeat.

Mr. Sam

This might be a controversial statement but there's some Bulletstorm DNA in the latest DOOM, particularly in how it rewards player aggression. It's a really good game. That and the phrase "dick-tits" will never cease being funny to me.

I can't say I'd play a remaster - maybe depending on the price - but I'd definitely play a sequel.

LewieP

Great game, hopefully they are doing an update for the PC version that will excise GFWL, and fix the game breaking bug I encountered where it refused to load the next level.

I really enjoyed what I played of it.

DickTits in HD

Day One

It was released in HD five years ago.

TI82

Banned
Pretty much anyone who played Bulletstorm wants it to get a second chance. It's a really good game and worth at least that much.

Not me or anyone else I know. :/

Then you must actively avoid reading any actual discussion of it here.

This is the first bullet storm thread I've seen and it has like 20 posts. Obviously my "anyone" wasn't ANYONE but the figure of speech.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Honestly? Doesn't look that much better than original to me (original game still looks good even today btw) - UE4 can help A LOT with this but they probably won't bother. But hey, I guess there's no GFWL this time around and there will be at least hi-res textures so that's a plus!

I think 50-75% off for owners of the original will be a nice move from them.

I'm pretty sure everyone who has gotten this game, got it. And that more people should. Definitely.

But I'm past done with remasters of anything.

Acinixys

Yes please

I have the GFWL version and it doesnt work anymore, since apparently MS has taken the authentication server offline

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Bulletstorm is so awesome, I'd definitely replay this. Even after I finished the game I lost myself completely in the high score levels. That score mode was even more fun than the campaign.

Top Bottom