• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bullied Kid records incident. Get charged with Felony Wiretapping

Status
Not open for further replies.

kick51

Banned
There is wrong, and there is completely fucked up. The bullies need to stop getting away with these things. And the fact that the adults allow this to happen, unchecked and punish the victim? They need to be erased from this world.

life is not like one of your japanese animes

Mesoian

Stuff like this is why we have so much violence in schools.

Pennsylvania doesn't have a school system. Schools are done by district. This particular school district is actually a very good one in terms of test scores, graduation rates, college admittance, etc.

Because they throw everyone who's less that savory into prison.
not really, but it does make me wonder how many cases similar to this are swept under the rug

It didn't surprise me that the school administration would act like this, but i'm a little surprised that the police and court were in on it as well. That's pretty scary.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, America has been sleep walking into a Police State for the last 10 or 20 years. It will only get worse.

As for the story, no surprise. Power corrupts and these officials are obviously morally and socially corrupt. Last thing they want anyone to know about are problem bullies. That'd harm the schools image. Can't have that!

Hari Seldon

Because they throw everyone who's less that savory into prison.
not really, but it does make me wonder how many cases similar to this are swept under the rug

If I were to speculate from what I know about the district, it is a place where most of the students are upper middle class with parents pushing them hard and therefore the majority of the attention of the school district is going to be on the high achieving students and not the lowly special needs kids. Personally I think this is how it should be, provided that you at least investigate bullying claims which is the one failure of the school district.

Also there might be some good 'ol boy stuff going on. Were the bullies on the football team or the sons of administrators? That wouldn't surprise me.

Verelios

not as cold as wanting to kill people or plotting to mace them, push them down stairs, stomp them out, and threatening to have them killed because they called you names and slapped you in the lunch room.
I just meant the connection to anime, but that is pretty...off.

Mesoian

If I were to speculate from what I know about the district, it is a place where most of the students are upper middle class with parents pushing them hard and therefore the majority of the attention of the school district is going to be on the high achieving students and not the lowly special needs kids. Personally I think this is how it should be, provided that you at least investigate bullying claims which is the one failure of the school district.

Also there might be some good 'ol boy stuff going on. Were the bullies on the football team or the sons of administrators? That wouldn't surprise me.

Like, pushing the whole case under the rug and telling the kid to suck it up and get over it would be good'ole'boy administration doing what it does. Basically getting the kid arrested and placed under house arrest for trying to seek out protection is something very very new. If I was that kid, I would be calling up every news station in the country.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer

zoukka

Bullying is a lighter crime than jailwalking or littering by societys standards. Actually it's not a crime at all!

ahuffman

Banned
Sigh, this sounds all too familiar for me. I spent several years of my childhood in a small town where the administrators and teachers either ignored the bullying or punished me instead. It was hell, I feel bad for this kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom