• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bullshots: How close did PS4/XB1 games come to the E3 builds? Let's see!

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Update 1: Added Dead Rising and changed Killzone to direct feed caps.

I thought it'd be interesting to see how the E3 trailer builds compare to the final releases we've had this week and next. As far as using the CGI trailer that EA unveiled, well...

SolidSnakex said:
"It was all pre-rendered," Wilson told Polygon. "Listen, we're not hiding behind that fact. This was an event that we've been planning for a number of months on a new platform. And what we wanted to do was use real game assets, so they're all real game assets, straight out of our game teams, but we had to get it into a format that would be usable in this style of event.

"What I'm really happy to say, though, is that our games right now are delivering on that, and in some cases more," Wilson said, "and we're going to show a lot more of that at E3 in a couple of weeks. And then by the time we get to launch, the sky's the limit of where we get to."

http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/21/435...endered-assets

So how close did the target get? Let's see! (Reveals are at the top, with the final product below).

---

Dead Rising 3

ZmHpr8Z.png

Lb6boPE.png

NBA Live 14

x83xqzb.png

aHISv1f.png

Madden 25

xX4m3IA.png

w2cGUoD.png

Killzone: Shadow Fall (note: build was from Feb. event, not E3)

Lots more pics by nib.

original.png

12-7.jpg~original

Forza Motorsport 5

PyUJLHA.png

M91z5sp.png

FIFA 14

93yXFYY.png

ojv3a1X.png

Ryse: Son of Rome

Thanks Wishmaster92 for the screens:

iksW9HWCZ8ZYK.png

iB1hvlsgVaTip.png

ibkQvSwDt56WCW.png

iCq8WRWBmBtWV.png

ibt841KJ6sixiH.png

isCcWPe5jvLPs.png

idWqxSKJB2haz.png

iiTK0zZiMDIPn.png

i'll try to search for the hq e3 footage because i know they released it.

----

I realize how extremely difficult it is to get launch games out while dealing with fluctuating hardware specs, and how brutal an E3 crunch can be. These games have great foundations to build upon now. Hopefully the graphical upgrades happen quickly for some of these games this gen. :p

Tapiozona

Banned
Honestly, only FIFA looks like ass compared to E3 (maybe Madden too)

All of the non-sporting games look as fantastic now as they did in the bullshots.

Damaniel

Banned
EA was the truest bullshotter, that much is clear.

Same as always. Their Gen6/Gen7 bullshots were legendary.

Forza looks in the ballpark (but others have pointed out a number of reductions in effects in some places), and Killzone looks pretty much dead on. Sadly, the latter leaves a lot to be desired in the gameplay department...

EA was the truest bullshotter, that much is clear.

Just a reminder

"It was all pre-rendered," Wilson told Polygon. "Listen, we're not hiding behind that fact. This was an event that we've been planning for a number of months on a new platform. And what we wanted to do was use real game assets, so they're all real game assets, straight out of our game teams, but we had to get it into a format that would be usable in this style of event.

"What I'm really happy to say, though, is that our games right now are delivering on that, and in some cases more," Wilson said, "and we're going to show a lot more of that at E3 in a couple of weeks. And then by the time we get to launch, the sky's the limit of where we get to."

http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/21/43...e-trailer-xbox-one-reveal-pre-rendered-assets

Some guys at worked hooked up a PS4 in our conference room and were playing Madden.

EA put absolutely no effort into that title at all. It was a total joke.

Jesus, what happened to the lighting in Forza?

Killzone looks almost as good, it's not as shiny but I really don't see much of a difference.

Everything else?

132.gif

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Good idea, but I'm not sure how representative youtube screengrabs are.

Yeah, I hated doing that but unfortunately Gamersyde lost a lot of their data, so getting high quality footage is very difficult these days. :(

The EA stuff is console captures.

edit: anyone know where I can find some Ryse direct feed captures?

Madden is such a shame. I had really high hopes for that game.
Fifa and NBA Live seem to follow the same trend.
Forza also seems a lot worse :/

Forza:

That crowd...

PVp0oTL.jpg

You can even see it in the shot up there. Look at the crowd. The E3 one is all shaded and not obvious. The launch one is all shit straight out of Mortal Kombat 1.

~~Hasan~~

there is a small downgrade in killzone.

the building in the earlier reveal cast a reflection of the other buildings. not visible in the final version.

even the small garden on top of the building " left side of the image" is more detailed in the reveal

Forza:

That crowd...

PVp0oTL.jpg

omg this is horrible. i can't believe they still make this kind of ps2 level crowd. damn man

Derrick01

Banned
EA should have their right to make video games revoked by every major nation on this planet. Madden looks like a fucking Xbox game.

It's ridiculous to me how last gen EA's PS4 and XBOne sports games look. Animations still look sorta robotic to me as well. Honestly, I don't think any of the sports games, including NBA 2K14, look all that good. Hopefully MLB: The Show wows, considering they were the best looking sports games last gen.

So it sounds like:
Xbox One games were downgraded after E3. Hmm.... Nostradamus all up in this bitch.

They weren't though? Forza yes, but Ryse has better lighting, higher fidelity models for everyone who isn't marius, no LOD's. Also Dead Rising finally has a consistent framrate.

Shocked there's no Ryse comparisons.
Tomorrow. But i guess that game really delivers in sp (graphicswise)

Killzone got downgraded in certain tiny aspects but upgraded in many more aspects. The scene from posted image hasn't changed much, except for a really noticeable glorious colour correction.

Top Bottom