• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bumper crop of PSN PS1 Classics just ESRB rated (XENOGEARS, VAGRANT STORY & MORE!)

Arc the Lad III Sony Computer Entertainment America Teen Mild Language, Suggestive Themes, Violence PlayStation 3, PSP

Legend of Mana Sony Computer Entertainment America Teen Mild Violence, Suggestive Themes PlayStation 3, PSP

R4 Ridge Racer Type 4 Sony Computer Entertainment America Everyone No Descriptors PlayStation 3, PSP

Threads of Fate Sony Computer Entertainment America Everyone Mild Language, Violence PlayStation 3, PSP

Vagrant Story Sony Computer Entertainment America Teen Violence PlayStation 3, PSP

Xenogears Sony Computer Entertainment America Teen Animated Blood, Mild Language, Suggestive Themes PlayStation 3, PSP

About damn time! It's like half a year's worth of content all at once! :D

Suzzopher

Arc the Lad III Sony Computer Entertainment America Teen Mild Language, Suggestive Themes, Violence PlayStation 3, PSP

Legend of Mana Sony Computer Entertainment America Teen Mild Violence, Suggestive Themes PlayStation 3, PSP

R4 Ridge Racer Type 4 Sony Computer Entertainment America Everyone No Descriptors PlayStation 3, PSP

Threads of Fate Sony Computer Entertainment America Everyone Mild Language, Violence PlayStation 3, PSP

I envy you Americans :(

Magnus

I think the last two games I'd ever be caught playing on the go on my commute every day would be Vagrant Story or Xenogears. What a bore. But I'm glad to see these are finally coming; I know many of you have been waiting quite some time. I'll probably end up buying both just to play at home a couple times each and relive a little nostalgia before the pain kicks in.

yencid

OH MY FUCKING GOD THREADS OF FATE! :OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

HYPE

(yes i know all the others and i want threads of fate the most)

Cmagus

..... damn it

shutupmoney.jpg

Suzzopher said:

Just get a US account and buy the US versions (they're better than the PAL versions anyway, since they run at 60hz as opposed to 50hz only)

That's what I did and I only buy the US NTSC versions from the PSN. Though you will have to buy PSN cards online (your Credit/Debit card will almost certainly not work), it's well worth the hassle! :D

Parasite Eve 1 & 2 and Chrono Cross will probably make up the next batch of Square Enix games.

BTW, the timing of this ESRB rating is rather interesting. Square Enix are releasing FF5 next month on VC (while FF6 is bound to follow in Febuary, going by the previous pattern of FF VC releases) and have started releasing more Taito games on VC (Darius Twin just came out, with Lufia 1 & 2 following soon after).

Seems like S-E are doing all of their digital releases at around the same time for everyone...

Suzzopher

Nuclear Muffin said:
Just get a US account and buy the US versions (they're better than the PAL versions anyway, since they run at 60hz as opposed to 50hz only)

That's what I did and I only buy the US NTSC versions from the PSN. Though you will have to buy PSN cards online (your Credit/Debit card will almost certainly not work), it's well worth the hassle! :D

The hassle of swapping PSN accounts on my PSP just annoys me :( Having to be by a Wi-Fi connection to login is just a pain.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Nuclear Muffin said:

Where do you buy your cards, out of interest?

gofreak said:
Where do you buy your cards, out of interest?

I either get them from eBay or from hdmoviesource.com (depending on whether or not they have them in stock or not)

I would get them from Videogameplus.ca (which BTW is the best import game site out there for us EU folks!) but they only do Canadian PSN cards :(

Suzzopher said:
I use Play-asia.com They send you the code instantly.

They are expensive though!

vic2020

Neo Member
I wonder if Square pushed these all out at once since they were constipated with the FF14 shit-bomb and they are desperate for cash. Works for me!:D

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Suzzopher said:
I use Play-asia.com They send you the code instantly.

That's rather neat.

Nuclear Muffin said:
I either get them from eBay or from hdmoviesource.com (depending on whether or not they have them in stock or not)

Cheers. I'll look into all of these. I would be happy enough to buy mine on PAL PSN, but PAL PSone games won't work on my PS3 so I kind of have to look further afield.

edit - it appears hdmoviesource emails codes too? they have kind of finicky policies about new customers though, i would guess designed to 'force' you to buy more from them before you can get a reliable supply of these.

Sophia

vocab said:
Also, lol @ Legend of Mana. That game is garbage,

duckroll said:
Stump's going to get you, and when he does, I won't be able to help you! :lol

I can hear the Ride of the Valkyries already. :lol

Also, zomg Xenogears. Square can take my money, seriously.

seady

Wish Square Enix charge the same price as all other publishers for PSone titles ($5.99) instead of their special price ($9.99+).

Ponn

Banned
OH...MY...GOD!! What chaos has though wrought Square?? In one fell swoop they will silence several people in the PSN threads every week.

Xeno...gears

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I guess I need another $20.00 card.

I'll buy Xenogears and Threads of Fate/Legend of Mana.

What's better, ToF or Legend of Mana?

The next SE batch would probably be Chrono Cross, Brave Fencer Musashi, and the Parasite Eve series.

Suzzopher said:

That's what you Europeans get for having FM3 and Vagrant Story first. :mad:

duckroll

seady said:
Wish Square Enix charge the same price as all other publishers for PSone titles ($5.99) instead of their special price ($9.99+).

They charge normal price for all their games on JP PSN, except for premium titles (FF games).

Takao

Banned
So it appears only I will be left wondering without a hope if my chidren's trading card game will ever hit the PSN.

Takao said:
So it appears only I will be left wondering without a hope if my chidren's trading card game will ever hit the PSN.

Only if you're willing to risk your life by jumping into freezing water to rescue it :D

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
At least one company is bringing out a Xeno game in the US.....

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
grandjedi6 said:
Sadly, PSN will forever be shit until Tomba 1 & 2 appear on it. Hear that Sony!
I don't think the company that made them can request them to go up seeing as they are dead and all. >:

Going to grab Threads of Fate unsure of the rest of the batch since I'll need to read up on them more.

yay! prob jump on xenogears but will absolutely get Vagrant since my friend took my discs and I've had to play it 3 times already restarting each time but beating it as well.

heringer

So, after the ESRB update usually how long it takes for the game to show up at the store? I might save the $10 credits I have if the wait isn't too long.

Shubit

Noob question for those with euro PS3: Are the PSOne games available through PSN region locked? Or is an US account all I need?

InfiniteNine said:
I don't think the company that made them can request them to go up seeing as they are dead and all. >:

That would be Whoopee Camp. They're all spread out in various companies now. Many of them are at Access Games (Deadly Premonition) while Tokuro Fujiwara (the director of Tomba) is at Platinum Games.

Top Bottom