• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bunch of new Assassin's Creed 3 and Assassin's Creed Liberation info (spoilers?)

CrazyDude

Apparently this is from the new game informer.

Lair:

Connor lives near Daveport (New York), in a house owned by his mentor: Achilles.
Achilles is an old killer arrived many before the new world that has been established as the Mentor of the brotherhood in the Colonial America.
Secondary missions will be scattered for several territories.
Each murderer who recruits Connor will have its own mission of initiation in the order, to complete this same characteristics of customization (weapons, appearance, etc) will be opened.
After the Connor recruits to carry out certain missions or tasks, appear figures memorable / statues, in his lair.
Weapons and equipment of Connor is kept on a fourth secret beneath the mansion of his mentor, a curious fact: this room is opened by pulling a lever in the form of candles.
Also next to your home is a small port where it protects the Aquila.

Secret Locations:

The most extensive system of tunnels extends from Boston to New York.
The tunnels were constructed by the secret society of Freemasonry.
Only tunnels are accessible finding its location and solving the different puzzles (solving codes, puzzles with the use of lights and shadows, etc).
Already solved the tunnel challenge is marked on the map with the location of other discovered tunnels.

Pirates, Ships and Treasure:

The naval aspect of Assassin completo Creed 3 is shaped by three branches with their own objectives.
The first: are focused piracy missions, attacking other ships and gain new maritime zones as well as trade routes.
The second: focuses on the history, more specifically in the famous Naval Officer (and Templar): Nicholas Biddle.
The third: This point focuses on a secret treasure.
Hidden to everyone there are boxes containing special trinkets that Connor can exchange for a man of his crew, called Foot (leg) by letters.
These letters talk about the famous pirate “The Captain Kidd”, and reveal the location of a few islands in the Atlantic Ocean (a pirate treasure map).
After collecting six pieces of the map you can go for the jackpot (the spoils of a life of looting by Kidd).

Synchronization:

The majority of missions include several optional lenses. At the end of the missions the player receives synchronization points.
In pause, in the section of DNA menu, show the number of synchronization points that we have earned.
Winning synchronization points the player gains access to some additional artifacts and new objects of customization for Connor:

The Brotherhood:

The recruitment of new members to the brotherhood begins with missions of liberation, helping killers future in difficult situations.
Each of six potential recruits has its own set of skills and special missions, once these missions are completed the killer becomes more loyal to Connor.
When a murderer was a to this Connor group will have a “Menu of assassins” (similar to the arms collector), in which players can assign a specific action to each killer when they are called. For example: start a revolt, wear British uniforms and provide support, protect to a target, and so on.
The recruits as they can before be assigned to abide by contracts that will bring money, resources, and experience once completed.

Almanacs:

At the entire map will be dispersed the famous Benjamín Franklin almanacs, as well as other collectibles these are purchased just to make contact with them. It is the task of Connor to gather those pieces of knowledge, wherever they are.
The almanacs provide necessary information (such as the pages of the Codex of Altair) to manufacture items like a glass harmonica, which can be in the den of killers.
In the game there will be a series of side quests:

Hunting: get certain animals for certain purposes.
Mail: send a message from a character to another.
Messenger: deliver a package anywhere in the map.
Contracts: missions assigned with different functions.

Entertainment:

Assassin’s Creed 3 there are various table games, the best known among them is the Fanarona that you have to play if you want to get a trophy.
These games will be scattered at various points on the map with different AI-controlled characters.

Clubs:

Connor can become a member of various clubs: hunting, fighting, surveillance and thieves.
If Connor joins the hunting club should begin to hunt exotic animals of the border, four for each zone.
When Connor is synchronized with sufficient watchtowers a member of the club of researchers invite you to a meeting in the forest, next to a campfire started to tell old stories of sea monsters, UFOS, and hundreds of other myths. When finished, the Mission of Connor, will be to disperse these legends everywhere.

Forts:

The strengths of the game are the counterparts of the towers in Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood Borgia.
The destruction of the forts decreases the influence of the Templars in that same area, as well as that will be able to use the quick trip to that area, added to this is a juicy cash prize and a reduction of tax on each trade of the place.
The destruction of the forts consists of three points:

Kill the captain.
Destroying the weapons Arsenal.
Remove the flags.

Completed these three terms open the zone (new, similar to the destruction of Borgia towers) released.

The Economy of the New World:

Instead of buying properties, the economy of the game is based on trade.
All begins with the farm, where Connor workers produce goods at low cost to then send them to stores.
In your den, or in any other store, Connor can open a book of special accounts, check the merchandise in a store or ordering the production of new items.
The production of these objects is based on formulas and drawings, which may be obtained from secondary missions, contracts and other tasks. Each formula requires a special type of worker (for example a woodcutter) and the specific material (e.g., animal skins).
Connor can send their products either by sea or land. If you have not completed any piracy mission to free any area, increases the risk of the product not reaching its destination.
The convoys sent Connor may be attacked during the journey, therefore Connor must protect them during the entire trip or assign their murderers to fulfil that task since the bandits and other enemies attempt to steal its contents.

[ Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation ]:

“People” system:

The system of “person” will allow to select between one of three possible costumes from Aveline, which not only change the appearance of the protagonist, but that his skill set.
The assassin costume gives basic and an Assassin known features.
“Lady Aveline” costume greatly reduces mobility but allows to seduce and bribe officials.
Maid costume allows you to pass unnoticed in previously closed areas and is capable of inciting a rebellion among the citizens.
Players can buy one of these different costumes in stores scattered throughout the map and opt for the benefits of each to complete their missions.
Each “person” gives a unique feature of their appearance.

Shipping:

This is part of the story, Aveline is the daughter of a wealthy French who made his fortune in maritime trade.
In an old warehouse, which serves as a headquarters, the player can activate the map of North American trade.

The game begins with a single ship available to Aveline, can only transport to a variety of ports things such as sugar cane, cotton and other commodities.
Each route between two points by chance gives rise to confrontations with pirates. The player must choose from the complexity of the route and the potential benefits that can be obtained in the event of a successful sale of the goods transported.
As you progress, Aveline can buy new ships, which have their own characteristics (speed, storage, and durability).

Combat:

An assassination loads Aveline a special meter that is used to perform “chain murders” commonly known as gusts of murders.
The strings of murders stop time and lets you choose the enemies in sequence to finally make an instantaneous and spectacular massacre.

Erudito:

The Organization (similar to Anonymous) called “Erudito” or “Erudito Industries” will play a very important role in its usual mission to sabotage the Abstergo plans.
Liberations is the interactive pattern developed by the own Abtergo. They have clearly mitigated his speech to the extent that there is almost no mention of the Templars and their role in history. However, Erudito would reveal the truth s their players through their “hacks”.
In certain parts of the story missions will be interrupted by a voice that does not correspond to the
program of simulation, for example shouting: “Hey citizen”, which began a follow-up with the “Eagle sight”. Kill the target of these investigations unlocked the real events, which usually involve an evil Templar.

Carl

Liberation still sounding really good.

Hope it sells well, seeing as Ubi has obviously put a lot of effort into it

~Kinggi~

Banned
Sound like they did a good job keeping gameplay systems but making them different. Like instead of buying places you handle trading.

I am also happy it sounds like the ship mechanic is important to the game, with the trading economy and even treasure hunting.

Wix

I'm not going to read that, feel like I have spoiled too much of the game already. But man is it tempting. This is going to be epic.

I wonder how much Liberation needs to be successful/break even. Assuming that 1/10 people with a Vita buy the game, that would put it at about 300,000.

plufim

why is the English in this info so bad? presumably it was copy pasted, but it reads more like something translated. "Murderer" instead of "Assassin"? weird

why is the English in this info so bad? presumably it was copy pasted, but it reads more like something translated. "Murderer" instead of "Assassin"? weird

Haha, yeah, it sounds like it was translated into another language and then translated back in English.

Derrick01

Banned
AC3 is going to have a lot of content but I assume like the other games none of it will be fleshed out at all since they try to make it as mainstream as possible. At this point I do all of it just for trophies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
All that AssCreed 3 info sounds great (I've no interest in Liberation). Roll on the week of November 20th!

Anyone know if ACL should be played before AC3 or the other way around?

It doesn't seem to matter as far as the story order goes but I'm sure as hell playing Liberation first. The way I see it, is that there's a decent chance Ubisoft will either end AC3 on yet another stupid cliffhanger or pull a ME3, resulting in me hating the franchise. So if that is the case, I'd rather get Liberation out of the way first, as I don't believe it has any important modern day story stuff.

demolitio

I really hope we hear about Liberation's MP soon. The rest of the game sound so amazing, but a decent MP mode on the go will put me into hype overdrive mode since I need to wait until the PC version of ACIII comes out. Liberation will fill the void that month.

GrizzNKev

Banned
I really hope we hear about Liberation's MP soon. The rest of the game sound so amazing, but a decent MP mode on the go will put me into hype overdrive mode since I need to wait until the PC version of ACIII comes out. Liberation will fill the void that month.

You and I are in the same boat. The current plan is Liberation, Halo 4, ACIII. I hope I have time for them all.

iNvid02

must...wait...for...pc...release

nVX3U.gif

demolitio

You and I are in the same boat. The current plan is Liberation, Halo 4, ACIII. I hope I have time for them all.

Yup, pretty much the same schedule except either Hitman of NFS: Most Wanted, but I have a lot of time to play games as long as I'm feeling alright which is where my Vita comes in handy. Let me know if you need an assassin brother in Liberation or ACIII on PC since the team modes in previous AC MP modes were fun to set traps in. Hell, I realized all my Halo buddies deleted me since I didn't get on Live for a while after a surgery too...bastards.

The sad thing is that every other game feels like it's just a distraction until ACIII comes out, but Liberation might actually great. I almost feel like there has to be a catch with the game because of previous history but each video impresses me more and more.

fernoca

Really interesting that they haven't said anything (or much) about Desmond's stuff...so far. Last year, we already knew about how he looked and where he was and how his parts played. Nice actually. Just 2 more weeks. :)

iNvid02

One week from now, probably in the evening. It's already finished, so I'm just waiting for that.

montyexcellent.gif

Really interesting that they haven't said anything (or much) about Desmond's stuff...so far. Last year, we already knew about how he looked and where he was and how his parts played. Nice actually. Just 2 more weeks. :)

hutchinson said they still wanted to play a few cards close to their chest (they've revealed a ton already) so im guessing a lot of that is to do with Desmond and how the 2012 story finally wraps up.

he also said that fans will love the terrific desmond pay off - could be the usual pr talk but i believe him, this is game #5 with desmond and anything less than that will be disappointing, especially for fans

MBison

I played AC1 when it was originally released and didn't love it... Thought it was very repetitive and became like work.

But the AC3 commercial rocks. So I tried AC2 and I am on sequence 9 and I love it.

My question is do I need to play Brotherhood and Revelations in order to fully enjoy AC3? I'd rather just move straight on though would like to play B and R at some point by not sure I am patient enough to go through both games.

Any non spoiler advice would be appreciate :)

I played AC1 when it was originally released and didn't love it... Thought it was very repetitive and became like work.

But the AC3 commercial rocks. So I tried AC2 and I am on sequence 9 and I love it.

My question is do I need to play Brotherhood and Revelations in order to fully enjoy AC3? I'd rather just move straight on though would like to play B and R at some point by not sure I am patient enough to go through both games.

Well, Bro and Rev contain some significant parts of Desmond's storyline, too. Revelations does end on a similar note to AC2 to "close the loop", but a lot of stuff still happened in the interim, which I suppose you can always wiki or youtube.

DarrenS

Anybody know when the review embargo ends? I'm assuming it's around the release day but does anybody have the official date?

iNvid02

jump from 2 to 3 and you'll probably ruin the story for yourself - if you dont play this series for its story then you prob wont mind, but if you do then it wont be a good move.

you can youtube the story, or read up on the events of ACB and ACR - or just play the games - both are pretty good with brotherhood being the best overall game in the series imo.

putting aside desmond for a sec, if by the end of AC2 you feel you really like ezio, then his arc from AC2 to ACB to ACR is something you'll want to experience

so yeah i'd say try and play em if you can, only problem is its easy to get burnt out on this series if you try it and play through em all quickly, so i doubt you'll be able to finish by the time 3 comes out.

MBison

Damn! That bums me out a bit cause I do want to play for story and I really like Ezio as a character. Bah!

Thanks for the help :)

I've just sold my PS Vita, but ACL sound incredible for a handheld game.

Shame I wasn't going to buy it anyway, because playing the beast that is AC3 seems like enough AC for me for a while.

Edit: Also, I haven't played Revelations. Should I play it before AC3 or skip it or play it after AC3? My friend told me that nothing happens in that game, but honestly I don't know if that's true or not. All I know is that reviews for that games were lower than for Brotherhood, which I loved.

Or does anyone know of a good Let's Play of ACR? Thanks!

LastNac

But will it be better on the PS3?

I need a new PS3 and if it is a better port than it will give me the excuse i need to get the AC3 bundle.

Shahed

Plan on playing Liberation before ACIII. Have they mentioned what the interaction between the two games would be?

Dunan

Not sure which one I want to play first. As a Vita owner, I feel like I should buy Liberation on Day 1 and pay full price, then buy AC3 at a discount when I'm done with Liberation rather than the reverse.

Plan on playing Liberation before ACIII. Have they mentioned what the interaction between the two games would be?

You unlock a few items. Ammo pouches and costume stuff from what I understand. Also, apparently you can trade items between them for extra money? I don't know the specifics about it.

Astra

Can't wait to dig into Liberation.
I am considering holding off on ACIII, since they always go on sale a few weeks after release for $30 or $40.

Massa

Damn! That bums me out a bit cause I do want to play for story and I really like Ezio as a character. Bah!

Thanks for the help :)

Here's my advice: if by the time you finish AC2 you're not feeling "lol, fuck this Desmond/sci-fi bullshit" then grab Brotherhood and Revelations. Otherwise just skip ahead, it only gets worse from there.

gryz

Banned
I think I'm gonna get Liberation but hold off on AC3, I've been playing nothing but portables lately

AC3 is going to have a lot of content but I assume like the other games none of it will be fleshed out at all since they try to make it as mainstream as possible. At this point I do all of it just for trophies.

I'm kinda hoping the portable one will be less homogenized than the full AC3, but I'm not really basing that on anything.

Top Bottom