• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie Day 2010

GhaleonEB

BungieDayBanner.jpg

Banner by Dani

Updates

Bungie.net has been updated with this year's main treat: Deja View, a video from the Red vs. Blue team on a new-ish MP map for Reach.

360p WMV | 720p WMV | 360p QT | 720p QT | iPhone | YouTube

bd10_memories.jpg

(Thanks Louis Wu.)

Regarding the message at the end, the next Comic-Con is July 22-25, 2010.

In addition, everyone playing Halo 3 matchmaking today gets a flaming helmet - just for today.​

For the archives:

What happened on past Bungie Days?

Footer by Letters
BungieDayFooter.jpg

Oh that Bungie, what a wacky developer!

Seriously... Hope it's some cool news about Reach, or something. I don't particularly need any themes or gamer pics.

Neuromancer said:
Oh that Bungie, what a wacky developer!

Seriously... Hope it's some cool news about Reach, or something. I don't particularly need any themes or gamer pics.
i do. :(

i want marty 2.0 or something!

Gravijah

Dream crushing : Turns out marketplace isn't to keen on themes like that anymore...or gamer pics. Also bummer there isn't a podcast ready yet - been hard to pin down due to all the crunching and trvael going on. Things have been so crazy of late we had to outsource our official bungie day surprise. It's sweet though, you'll like it

Wait, does this mean Microsoft basically don't want GamerPics to exist anymore?

ampere

I'll play some Halo 3 with friends in celebration :)
<3 Bungie

GhaleonEB said:
They've been upgraded.

Reach_E310_Firefight_Waterfront04.jpg
WOW. No words, which reminds me I need to preorder Reach.
edit: done, not sure why I waited so long on preordering :lol Thank you Amazon for $20 gift cards and release date delivery :D

Trasher

I know, hence my statement. Is that image to scale though? I mean -- shit. Either Kat is small or Hunters are now huge like Xbox.
Masterchief is probably around two feet (maybe more) taller than the Spartan in that picture.

Edit: Eh, maybe more like a foot taller.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Looking forward to tomorrow.

GhaleonEB said:
They've been upgraded.

http://www.bungie.net/images/Games/Reach/images/screenshots/e32010ff/inline/Reach_E310_Firefight_Waterfront04.jpg[/IMG ][/QUOTE]

Nice! I wanna fight one of those.

Kibbles

Gravijah said:
3 hours and 17 minutes until it becomes 12 AM on the east coast.
I wouldn't expect anything until at least 12am Pacific time, since that's Bungie time. So add another 3 hours.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Since we can't have Themes (Premium or otherwise) and Gamertiles :)() anymore, does this mean the surprise is an avatar item? Halo themed pants (or in the case of Bungie: NO PANTS) to go with the Halo Reach Beta hoodie and Halo Waypoint ODST helmet/Recon Helmet and Guilty Spark prop?

LukeSmith

TheSeks said:
Since we can't have Themes (Premium or otherwise) and Gamertiles :)() anymore, does this mean the surprise is an avatar item? Halo themed pants (or in the case of Bungie: NO PANTS) to go with the Halo Reach Beta hoodie and Halo Waypoint ODST helmet/Recon Helmet and Guilty Spark prop?

No, the same sort of logic Mancannon previously outlined with respect to Themes and Gamertiles applies.

Blueblur1

LukeSmith said:
No, the same sort of logic Mancannon previously outlined with respect to Themes and Gamertiles applies.
Goddamn. Microsoft's pissed that you guys left the plantation, huh?

Doodis

_dementia said:
more like they've been downgraded - Reach is a prequel right?
over time hunters started to suck more :lol
Interstellar worms just became more difficult to find, that's all.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I don't have my Xbox for any free goodies because GameStop hasn't gotten the new Slim in yet. If I queue any items that happen to come out for download will I get them even if they are taken down?

feel

Dammit microsoft, I don't care about showing my avatar's mug, I want some new Bungie gamerpics.. :(

I know, hence my statement. Is that image to scale though? I mean -- shit. Either Kat is small or Hunters are now huge like Xbox now.

Kat is 6'9" :lol She is the shortest of Noble Team though. Everyone else being 6'XX" and Jorge being the tallest at 7'4"

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
LukeSmith said:

Boo! Maybe someday I'll have an avatar with no pants on lining up a headshot near an X-box demo kiosk.

Until that day, Bungie Day is ruined for me. :(

Seriously, though, that sucks you guys can't do something like that on the marketplace anymore. MS sucks. :(

Top Bottom