• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie Direct Relief For Houston

Article

If you’ve been following current events, or even have friends or family caught in the storm, chances are high that Houston is on your mind right now. The rising floodwaters brought on by Hurricane Harvey continue to impact the people of Texas, and the storm isn’t over. People need our help.

If you’re a Guardian, you’ve seen first-hand the generous spirit of this wonderful community. Whether it’s for the Bungie Foundation, St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital, Stack-Up.org, or many of the other incredible charities that serve others, you continue to bless the world around you with the support and resources needed to make a difference in other people’s lives.

Today, we’re inviting you to come to the rescue again.

Through the Bungie Foundation, we are partnering with Direct Relief. You may remember them from our collaboration to come to the aid of Nepal. Their mission in Houston has already begun. They are focusing on helping the most vulnerable, extending the reach of relief efforts, and bolstering critical frontline responders.

You can read more about their much-needed work, learn how you can help, or donate to them directly at their official website:
Direct Relief

To invoke the power of our community, we’re offering a commemorative pin through the Bungie Store. Your purchase of this item will include an emblem for use in Destiny 2. All profits from your purchase will go straight to Direct Relief in support of the Hurricane Harvey response efforts.
harveyrelief_emblem.jpg

To purchase these items, and donate to this crucial cause, please visit the Bungie Store. Supplies will be limited, and orders will be delayed as we race to get this offer up in the wake of the storm.

Of course, there are many other ways to get involved. Even if a pin or emblem isn’t your thing, we urge you to help those impacted by Hurricane Harvey in your own way. Get involved. Donate to a charity of your choice. Help spread the word and support those who are helping in whatever ways they can.

Thank you so much for reading these words, and for bringing Light to those who need it now more than ever. Your contributions matter. This community has, can, and will make a difference.

OuterLimits

Super cool of Bungie to do this. My thoughts go out to the people of Texas and Louisiana.

Crazy storm. A Category 4 that got trapped between two high pressure systems and couldn't move, so it dumps rain over the same areas. Often tropical systems get caught by another system and pick up speed once they turn north and east.

ocean

Banned
Just donate to one of the many charities then lol, who gives a fuck about the emblem.
When Bungie sells pins, it's really the emblem people are paying for. I think I have every single Destiny pin thrown in a box somewhere without even opening, what the hell would I pin them to. Emblems on the other hand I like to collect. I have 215 Destiny emblems according to the AoT Book.

I ended Destiny missing just 30 emblems. Most of these are unobtainable anyways (different tiers of seniority on Bungie.net forums during Halo days, or winning movie of the week, winning a Bungie bounty, participating in Alpha Lupi Experience ARG, a few of the Trials of Osiris ones, being a mod or mentor in their community etc).

There were maybe 5-6 emblems I had to buy pins for. D2 will apparently keeep this tradition up so my box of useless pins will grow :notlikethis:

GhaleonEB

I'll order when I get home, glad to see them doing this again. I still have the Katrina shirt, among several others over the years. Good stuff.

Wow, damn nice idea to give out in-game content to encourage people to donate. As was mentioned though, it would be better if there was an option to just buy the code digitally, or at least pair it with an item I'm not just gonna throw away, like a shirt or something.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Ordered mine this afternoon! Always happy to see Bungie doing stuff like this. Still have my Nepal shirt as well.

I'm all for devs doing stuff like this. If they hadn't done it there are plenty who would have never donated anything. Things like this always bring the community together and do something they usuaally would not.

Will donate as soon as I can.

Lucifon

6 dollars shipping to the UK isn't too bad. Ordered one, will definitely use the emblem in game too. Happy to support a good cause.

Bought three. One is for a friend (Houstonian and Destiny obsessive), and one is for my wife. (She could care less about the emblem, but will want the pin.) I'll probably wind up with a spare emblem code, so I'll see who on GAF wants it once I have it.

Bought three. One is for a friend (Houstonian and Destiny obsessive), and one is for my wife. (She could care less about the emblem, but will want the pin.) I'll probably wind up with a spare emblem code, so I'll see who on GAF wants it once I have it.
If you do I'm happy to donate (via you or direct) for it since they're sold out now.

Top Bottom