• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie Readies Studio/Halo Anniversary Celebration and Aerospace Reveal

Dreohboy

ElyrionX said:
Now that they are no longer a console-exclusive dev that makes massively overrated games that only became popular because console fanboys needed something to latch onto, will anyone still give a shit?

I've given a shit since Marathon, then I gave a whole lot of shit with MYTH...didn't give as much shit with Halo series.

I'm ready to give a whole lot of shit again.

LQX

They no longer want to be involved with making new Halo games yet will be using Halo as launch pad to hype their new game? Seems dodgy.

CyReN said:
Come on Halo 1 XBLA Mp!
Don't get your hopes up, man.
LQX said:
They no longer want to be involved with making new Halo games yet will be using Halo as launch pad to hype there new game? Seems dodgy.
Some posts make me cringe. This is the second post to do so in this thread.

ElRenoRaven

Sigh. How many times do we have to cover this. Activision can't do shit to Bungie. They have no ownership stake at all in the company or the franchise. All they are doing is publishing it for Bungie and of course getting a chunk of the profit for doing that for Bungie. They can't run Bungie into the ground or anything like that.

Also anyone that thinks Halo is popular because it's Xbox exclusive is just deluded. The first two were on PC also. Granted the second one was a shitty port job. However the first is still alive and kicking and has a good community still all these years later. You also forget that Bungie was around long before Halo and there are a lot of us who liked Bungie long before Halo was even a thought. So yea. people will give a shit. If anything thanks to being multiplatform now, Bungie will be doing even better.

Azar

claviertekky said:
Who knows if Activision snuck in an appendix to the agreement?

I know it's cynical to think that way, but it is Activision.
Who knows? Bungie's lawyers.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Maybe they will finally make a way to merge BNet accounts. My first one is from 2004, and I had to make a new one in 2008 to change an email. I need to merge them! :p

ElyrionX said:
Now that they are no longer a console-exclusive dev that makes massively overrated games that only became popular because console fanboys needed something to latch onto, will anyone still give a shit?
Haha good one

LQX

Dax01 said:
Don't get your hopes up, man.

Some posts make me cringe. This is the second post to do so in this thread.
But its true. The plan was to separate themselves from the Halo brand to concentrate on something new. If that's the case have Bungie day to showcase their new game with no mention of Halo. The divorce is final, move on.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
LQX said:
But its true. The plan was to separate themselves from the Halo brand to concentrate on something new. If that's the case have Bungie day to showcase their new game with no mention of Halo. The divorce is final, move on.
Halo is still their heritage, moving on is completely different than forgetting Halo exists and that your company made it.

LQX said:
The divorce isn't final yet. It will be after Bungie Day.

LQX said:
They no longer want to be involved with making new Halo games yet will be using Halo as launch pad to hype their new game? Seems dodgy.
Dude yeah good thinking! I wonder what they're up to....???!!!! So sneaky!

LQX said:
This is an ill-informed post.

Bungie's coverage of Halo stops on Bungie Day. That's when the divorce is final. It's when the last Reach playlist update (from Bungie) goes live. That's when they stop posting Halo news in the comm chatter. From Bungie Day on, 343 Industries has complete control of everything Halo.

Bungie isn't using Halo as a "launch pad to hype their new game" because they aren't talking about Destiny yet. Destiny is the new game, not Bungie Aerospace.

We don't know what Bungie Aersopace is yet, but all signs point to it NOT being a game.

LQX said:
Okay. For one, this announcement is being made for Bungie Day. Bungie Day. Not Halo day. All of the Halo stuff is Bungie's farewell to the franchise they made while celebrating their twentieth anniversary. And we don't even know if Aerospace is a game. Finally, if Bungie wants to say "From the makers of Halo..." to help promote their game, they have every right to, I think.

ncsuDuncan said:
We don't know what Bungie Aersopace is yet, but all signs point to it NOT being a game.
But it could be a service to launch a game.

LMAO. I'll stop that now.

I'm really sad that I'm going to be gone for the first half of the fun.

GhaleonEB

I'm looking forward to the new vidoc as much as anything, which is likely to be bursting with hints/clues about Bungie's future, as much as it will be a celebration of their past.

Tokubetsu

GhaleonEB said:
I'm looking forward to the new vidoc as much as anything, which is likely to be bursting with hints/clues about Bungie's future, as much as it will be a celebration of their past.

Definitely.

ElRenoRaven

GhaleonEB said:

Yea. I think that's the biggest thing I'm looking forward to after Bungie Aerospace. I've always loved the vidocs they make.

GhaleonEB said:
Do you think we'll get it before Bungie Day?

So wait, are the playlists changing after Bungie Day? Who exactly is taking control? Should I expect major changes when Bungie hands it over?

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
LQX said:

The plan was to gain our independence, own what we make, and lay the foundation for our future. We made Halo for more than ten years and we'll always get to claim, proudly, that we created the franchise. We love Halo. (Except for that Delta Halo mission with the Jackal Snipers. And okay, maybe the sixth half of the Library.)

Mik2121

urk said:
The plan was to gain our independence, own what we make, and lay the foundation for our future. We made Halo for more than ten years and we'll always get to claim, proudly, that we created the franchise. We love Halo. (Except for that Delta Halo mission with the Jackal Snipers. And okay, maybe the sixth half of the Library.)
And the Cortana level, right?...

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to whatever next thing you guys make. Top quality stuff for sure.

Edit - Scratch that. I guess Cortana and Library are there to make us appreciate the rest of the game even more.

ElRenoRaven

urk said:

lol. While you guys may not love those I love every damn mission in the games. I may not love some of the multiplayer choices made since Halo 1 but by god Single player wise I love each game. Even 2 with it's awful ending. Couldn't you just have left the Chief line? You could have just ended with Johnson asking where the ark was and have it end there damn it. lol

Hey You

bengraven said:
What's a flame nameplate?
Its the Bungie in-game nameplate beside your gamertag in the lobby. With the name plate activated, you get blue flames. Previously only exclusive to Bungie Employees.

The Lamonster said:
So wait, are the playlists changing after Bungie Day? Who exactly is taking control? Should I expect major changes when Bungie hands it over?

343 Industries (Microsoft's Halo Development Studio) is taking over playlist control.

The switch should be fairly painless, no worries. Reach (and Halo in general) is in good hands.

soultron

Banned
Haven't played a Bungie game in forever, but I salute them for throwing such a cool celebration for fans and charity!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
urk said:
Final Boss. Halo 2. Legendary. My tears filling memory card slots in my Duke. Are you happy urk? ARE YOU?

ElRenoRaven

Marleyman said:
The hype and expectations for their next IP just seems like it will be impossible to live up to. I hope they do it.

For most they probably won't sadly because they expect nothing short of the second coming.

Sobriquet

I just downloaded the app and added the All-Star badge and the blue flames. Changed my nameplate to Bungie. So, if I load up Reach I'll have blue flames now?

darthbob

Sobriquet said:
I just downloaded the app and added the All-Star badge and the blue flames. Changed my nameplate to Bungie. So, if I load up Reach I'll have blue flames now?

Star Nameplate?!?!

Also, anyone know if we're getting Bungie plate and flames in Halo 3?

darthbob

Hey You said:
Heh, forgot about that. Probably not, but it would be nice to have.

Well I don't see why not, also, is there any way for anyone to unlock Recon anymore, and if so, what will happen when 343i gets the series?

Hey You

darthbob said:
Well I don't see why not, also, is there any way for anyone to unlock Recon anymore, and if so, what will happen when 343i gets the series?
You can still earn recon via the Vidmasters in H3/ODST.

Who knows how we'll unlock recon and change nameplates once 343 takes over. I assume we'll find out soon enough.

I so hope that Aerospace is in the vein of Colony Wars and Freespace. On the one hand, those games are amazing. On the other, the reaction would be priceless.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Hell fucking yes, a STEAMPUNK MMO?! I need this on my veins already. But seriously, I want this to be a F2P game kinda like Dust 514 will be: initial purchase fee, if you want more you either work hard in-game or buy using real world currency (i.e. micro-transactions).

It's Activision, so I'm not holding my breath. But there's the option to purchase a permanent subscription in case it's not F2P, right? Right? RIGHT?

MirageDwarf said:
Can someone explain that post to me? "1991-2011 RIP" ?
GhaleonEB said:
I demand Jason Jones.

claviertekky said:
Who knows if Activision snuck in an appendix to the agreement?

I know it's cynical to think that way, but it is Activision.

Then Bungie would have nobody but themselves and their lawyers to blame. It's pretty hard to sneak "by the way, we own you now" into an agreement.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Dax01 said:
Can someone explain that post to me? "1991-2011 RIP" ?

Probably because Bungie is kinda in Activision's hands.

Bungie was funded in 1991.

Top Bottom