• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie trademarked The Taken King

Kifimbo

Along with a logo, about 10 days ago. According to Google, it seems like nobody noticed until today.

JvLdEfY.jpg

Description of the trademark:

Downloadable video games via the internet and wireless devices; Electronic game software for cellular telephones; Electronic game software for handheld electronic devices; Electronic game software for wireless devices; Game software; Interactive game programs; Interactive video game programs; Video game software

Description of the logo:

The mark consists of the words THE TAKEN KING in CAPS in the color gray. Below the "A," "K," and "E" in the word TAKEN is a graphic image consisting of a large oxblood "V" in the form of two slightly outward curved slashes. Rising from a position approximately two-thirds up the inner sides of the large "V" is an inverted "V" with curved sides, and beneath the inverted "V" is an "X" consisting of two oxblood slashes resting half-way up the sides of the large "V," whose lines cross below the center of the inserted "V" and then point straight up.

The attorney responsible for the filing is Jim Charne, who also filed the trademarks for The Dark Below and House of Wolves, two previous updates for Destiny.

Name for that comet expansion?

Possibly, given that one of the new locales rumored is a
Hive ship
. The design fits that faction.

From my knowledge of the lore, however, I have no clue to who the 'Taken King' would be. Oryx doesn't seem to fit that description, unless he's being made into some tragic God 'taken' by the Darkness and spawning after what we now know is the Hive.

GlamFM

Banned
Assumption time!

This is a 10$ Raid that will release during the summer to fill the gap between the House of Wolves and Comet.

Carn82

Maybe the Hive kidnapped The Queen's hubby and it's up to us Guardians to retrieve this fellow. Or punish out the needed revenge.

naeS

Could be House of Kings related. And there is the area in Cosmodrome called King's Watch. But why a Fallen Baron would let himself be taken eludes me.

Could be House of Kings related. And there is the area in Cosmodrome called King's Watch. But why a Fallen Baron would let himself be taken eludes me.

Shit, nice catch. I completely forgot about that area in the Cosmodrome that you can glitch into and find some ghosts, etc, so that's an area that you could definitely expand into.

What's the point of having Cabal in the universe who blow up planets and moons just for standing in their way when they don't have any end game content?

There may be post-comet expansions, too. But this is likely to be the next thing coming. This may very well be the release name for Comet #1.

Deku Tree

What's the point of having Cabal in the universe who blow up planets and moons just for standing in their way when they don't have any end game content?

You must not have seen the PoE teaser yesterday.
It had Cabal warriors in the end game activity.

taken251520123.jpeg

"This time he's TAKEN Destiny for a ride!"

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have glimmer. But what I do have are a very particular set of exotics; exotics I have acquired over 1000 hours of playtime. Exotics that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you release the raid now. that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will grind you, and I will kill you..

Shit, nice catch. I completely forgot about that area in the Cosmodrome that you can glitch into and find some ghosts, etc, so that's an area that you could definitely expand into.

King's Watch is part of HoW and I have never heard the Fallen have the title King. It seems more related to the Hive but who really knows.

Top Bottom