• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie Weekly Update 07/09/10: Enter the RC Process

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Gui_PT said:
Are those Legendary Editions on the right?

Daaaaaamn, those are huge!

Edit: I want that poster. Is it for sale?

I really doubt they are. If they indeed are though, they are the second largest game boxes I have seen next to Steel Battalion. Man picking that up from gamestop was awesome.

GhaleonEB

Alienshogun said:
I really doubt they are. If they indeed are though, they are the second largest game boxes I have seen next to Steel Battalion. Man picking that up from gamestop was awesome.
Those match the Legendary box.

2emnbjb.jpg

halo-reach-legendary.jpg

200782brp.jpg

Alienshogun said:
You've piloted a mech?? :eek:

This Friday should bring with it a weeks worth of juicy info for the BWU surely.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Hydranockz said:
You've piloted a mech?? :eek:

This Friday should bring with it a weeks worth of juicy info for the BWU surely.

Oh yes, that game was super fantastic. If Capcom ever made it again I would probably crap myself in joy.

GhaleonEB said:

I know they look the same, but those are pretty huge I imagine they are just prop crates.

If that IS the size of the box, that statue is huge and I would be super happy.

GhaleonEB said:

2emnbjb.jpg

Now, if that gun that's leaning against the Pelican case (love those cases) were included with the game rather than the statue, I'd gladly pay the Legendary price. :D

Alienshogun said:
Oh yes, that game was super fantastic. If Capcom ever made it again I would probably crap myself in joy.

I know they look the same, but those are pretty huge I imagine they are just prop crates.

If that IS the size of the box, that statue is huge and I would be super happy.
I think it's the perspective. I'd imagine the closest box we see is sitting atop of 4 other boxes but even still, the ones by the gun look soooo gooood. It is a big box indeed but the closest one was throwing me off :p

squidhands said:
Now, if that gun that's leaning against the Pelican case (love those cases) were included with the game rather than the statue, I'd gladly pay the Legendary price. :D

IAWTP! All over my empty-wallet-face :D

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Hydranockz said:
I think it's the perspective. I'd imagine the closest box we see is sitting atop of 4 other boxes but even still, the ones by the gun look soooo gooood. It is a big box indeed but the closest one was throwing me off :p

Oh I know, that's still damn large.

(That's what she said.)

Shishka

Works for Bungie
Dax01 said:
Is that in the new studio?

Nah. It's not our main lobby, though.

I actually didn't recognize it right away, though. The standees are blocking the view.

Edit:

Also, for scale, that gun is one of the prop Battle Rifle's from the Halo 3 "Landfall" shorts.

Edit Edit: I actually don't know if those are the real legendary cases. I haven't seen one in person before. :lol I'm sure Dream Crusher himself will be by when he has a spare cycle to confirm or deny.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Those are indeed mock-ups of the Legendary Edition box. The one in the foreground does look obscene, though, due to the perspective. Also obscene: the amount of time spent making sure the initial unboxing experience is stellar. We wanted it to feel something like the iPhone when you opened it, with everything in it's own sculpted compartment, safe, sound, and ultra sexy. I covet.

EazyB

Banned
urk said:
Those are indeed mock-ups of the Legendary Edition box. The one in the foreground does look obscene, though, due to the perspective. Also obscene: the amount of time spent making sure the initial unboxing experience is stellar. We wanted it to feel something like the iPhone when you opened it, with everything in it's own sculpted compartment, safe, sound, and ultra sexy. I covet.
For nostalgia's sake I think the game disc should just be tossed into the largest compartment to rattle around freely.

urk said:
Sounds delicious.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Shishka said:
Nah. It's not our main lobby, though.

I actually didn't recognize it right away, though. The standees are blocking the view.

Edit:

Also, for scale, that gun is one of the prop Battle Rifle's from the Halo 3 "Landfall" shorts.

Edit Edit: I actually don't know if those are the real legendary cases. I haven't seen one in person before. :lol I'm sure Dream Crusher himself will be by when he has a spare cycle to confirm or deny.

Do you know what the media's being shown today? MP? More FireFight? :)

GhaleonEB

EazyB said:
For nostalgia's sake I think the game disc should just be tossed into the largest compartment to rattle around freely.
From the official pics releasded, it's the Russian dolls approach to boxing. The collector's edition is housed in the legendary case, and the standard box inside the collectors.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
urk said:

Holy crap, then the box IS huge. That means the statue is probably bigger than I thought it was.

This is going to be an un-boxing akin to Steel Battalion in my recent memory. That's a good thing!

EazyB

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
From the official pics releasded, it's the Russian dolls approach to boxing. The collector's edition is housed in the legendary case, and the standard box inside the collectors.
I have no doubt whoever responsible for Halo 3's special edition boxes learned their lesson. :lol

That giant box does look hilariously giant though and I'm a sucker for big boxes. Just pre-ordered the limited edition from Amazon though, almost exactly 2 months away.

Alienshogun said:
This is going to be an un-boxing akin to Steel Battalion in my recent memory. That's a good thing!
I need to get the old Xbox out and run through that game again.

GhaleonEB

EazyB said:
I have no doubt whoever responsible for Halo 3's special edition boxes learned their lesson. :lol
Seriously, there's no need to get really clever with the disc housing. And this time around, each edition literally contains all the lower editions; I'm still bummed I didn't get the artbook with the Legendary set of Halo 3.

(Of course, there's less content this time around as well.)

Dani said:
8 weeks and I'll my own huge ass box. Sweet.

I'm a college student with a one-room apartment, and I'm trying to think of where I'm going to store a crate like that. :lol I assume the case is going to be aluminum or plastic or something, right?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Genesis Knight said:
I'm a college student with a one-room apartment, and I'm trying to think of where I'm going to store a crate like that. :lol I assume the case is going to be aluminum or plastic or something, right?

Looks like cardboard with strong plastic packaging inside.

Genesis Knight said:
I know your problem because i have the same one. I need to open here a black hole...

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Hypertrooper said:
I know your problem because i have the same one. I need to open here a black hole...

I have a 3 bedroom house and my own office and I'm still thinking of where the hell I'm going to put it. Once I see how big the statue really is that will determine if it goes on the bookshelf or on the desk holding my Xbox and TV.

Alienshogun said:
I have a 3 bedroom house and my own office and I'm still thinking of where the hell I'm going to put it. Once I see how big the statue really is that will determine if it goes on the bookshelf or on the desk holding my Xbox and TV.
I have shelf-free corner. I'll go to the swedish embassy called Ikea and look for a nice one. If there is nothing i want i'll have to build one.

Is that Legendary Packaging made of cardboard? o_0 I'm paying an extra premium and I get cardboard?

Edit: Or is that the mockup?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Hypertrooper said:
I have shelf-free corner. I'll go to the swedish embassy called Ikea.

:lol

It's going to take you longer to assemble than it will to wait for, beat, and become pro in reach!

Cuban Legend said:
Is that Legendary Packaging made of cardboard? I'm paying an extra premium and I get cardboard?

You aren't serious are you? You really expect a box that big to be metal? They don't even make lunch boxes, or matchbox cars out of metal anymore!

GhaleonEB

Alienshogun said:
:lol

It's going to take you longer to assemble than it will to wait for, beat, and become pro in reach!
Nah, Ikea stuff is easy to assemble. My Halo 3 Legendary box sits atop the bookshelf in our living room. I'm hoping there's enough clearance for the Reach box to go up there too - it looks bigger.

It would be nice if someone would post the dimensions - people are going to need to do space planning. :lol

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
GhaleonEB said:
Nah, Ikea stuff is easy to assemble. My Halo 3 Legendary box sits atop the bookshelf in our living room. I'm hoping there's enough clearance for the Reach box to go up there too - it looks bigger.

It would be nice if someone would post the dimensions - people are going to need to do space planning. :lol

I always figured it was like Sauder stuff. I used to work in a furniture place before I joined the Army, those damn things that come in tiny boxes and in lego sized parts piss me the hell off!

What the hell is with GAF and Ikea? :lol

And I don't really care if it's cardboard or not, although it'd be easier to keep it in good condition if it was more durable. No biggie!

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Genesis Knight said:
What the hell is with GAF and Ikea? :lol

And I don't really care if it's cardboard or not, although it'd be easier to keep it in good condition if it was more durable. No biggie!

My guess is MOST of gaf is highschool/early college age. Ikea stuff is cheap.

Only explanation I can think of. I know some of us are high 20s+, but it does seem most are pretty young here.

Top Bottom