• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Burnout 3: Takedown NA boxart

DMczaf

243505.jpg

Same as the PAL one.

WOO CANT WAIT!

B'z-chan

Banned
Xbox one looks better though ;)

i was gonna post about this early this morning when it was put up at Eb but oh well. I love the cover.

Meier

Subtitle is lame but who gives a shit, this game rules! Too bad Deep Discount DVD didnt have this up for pre-order when I snagged Madden there on the cheap :(

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
whens this out?

It's live enabled right? Time for my first foray into online car racing if so.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
siamesedreamer said:
This game will own on Live. Can't wait.

siamesedreamer.... I need you to give me your opinions in *this thread*. I am convinced that once you discover all the advantages the PS2 version has to offer, you will agree that having an Xbox version will be irrelevant.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Meier said:
Why in the world would anyone get this on PS2 over Xbox?

Meier if you read the thread I linked to, you will discover that the PS2 version supports force feedback steering wheels which the Xbox version does not. Lack of force feedback support for Xbox racing games is a huge...I mean HUGE dissapointment for racing game fans who prefer using a steering wheel for more realism and immersion. It is, for me, the diference between the "Being at the arcade" feeling, and the "Yeah, but it's still a home console version" feeling. Burnout 3 with the force feedback wheel, broadband only, voice and headset support is going to simply SHIT all over the Xdude version. And I *will* buy both versions to compare.

Meier

Sorry, I just dont give a shit about FF wheels personally. All I know is I played this on Xbox at E3 and about shat my pants. Stick with what you know kicks ass as far as I'm concerned.

isamu said:
Burnout 3 with the force feedback wheel, broadband only, voice and headset support is going to simply SHIT all over the Xdude version.
Err, doesn't the XBox version feature all of that, minus the FF wheel?

BeOnEdge

Banned
xbox will support progressive scan, 5.1 sound, better graphics, custom soundtracks and live play. home steering wheels blow. force feedback or not.

BeOnEdge said:
xbox will support progressive scan, 5.1 sound, better graphics, custom soundtracks and live play. home steering wheels blow. force feedback or not.

Until you realise people with home steering wheels get better times in games compared to people that use regular controls.

The best times in GT3 have been done with racing wheels. Drifting is much easier and can be done much smoother with racing wheels in comparison ot the normal controls. You simply have much more control over your car with a racing wheel once you learn how to use it.

Kudie

Defensor said:
Because the graphical differences are minimal and I got a wheel.

Also, another factor to take into account is the online feature. Granted, most PS2 owners and Xbox owners are not online, and probably won't play BO3 online, just as most PS2 owners do not have a racing wheel. But for those who do, a factor to take into account may be whether the gamer is on Xbox Live, PS2 Online, and if both, whichever service he/she prefers can help determine which version of BO3 he/she will buy.

isamu

BeOnEdge said:

::sigh::....

Be, you know you're my dawg man...but you really need to research what you say before posting them.

IGN, during their video preview, has *confirmed* that the PS2 version *will* support pro scan! I dunno about 5.1 but it'll have at least surround sound and that's good enough for me.

Now...

I know exactly where you're coming from regarding not wanting to touch a fucking home made wheel. The earleir Logitech wheel, the Driving Force Pro, as well as the Thrustmaster wheel *do* feel toyish and upon using them it's quite evident that they are consumer level products. That being said, there is a company taking notice of this and have decided to take matters into their own hands. That company is *FrexGP*

Go there and take a look at what they have to offer. Their wheels are re-modified Logitech Dring Force Pro wheels and for a price, they will modify the wheel and attatch a real Momo racing wheel to the driving force pro wheel. Take a look at the pictures and description. They will add an industrial caliber stick shifter to your wheel, as well industrial, high caliber pressure sensitive pedals that far exceed the stock pedals on the Logitech wheel. Once all these modifications come together, you will not even *recognize* the original Logi wheel and it will not only appear but will FEEL like a real arcade wheel, not a toy, or plastic one. Again, check them out and I'm confident you'll come to a different conclusion.

The PS2 version all the way baby! How anyone can prefer a gamepad to play a racing game continues to amaze. When you enter an arcade do you first go to the arcade operator and ask him to modify the Daytona USA cabinet so you can plug in your Xbox gamepad? Even if Daytona, Super GT or whatever had an actual gameport on their cabs, would you prefer to use gamepad over the FF wheel sitting right there in front you? C'mon now...

SolidSnakex said:
Those buying new PS2 are getting free network adapters.
Yeah, and the percentage of online playing PS2 owners who've had to pay for network adapters to those who got them for free would be, what?

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
With the way this game sounds like its shaping up on BOTH platforms, I can't believe some of you would try to act like either version isn't worth owning. Both versions will support 480p, some form of surround sound (either DD 5.1 or DPL 2) and all of the same basic online features that will matter the most (lobbies, voice, etc.). And, not that it really seems to matter to some of you, but the gameplay will rock equally. Check your partisanship at the door with this one, if you don't mind.

BeOnEdge

Banned
lets just buy the gamecube version. isamu, i may have to check ot those wheels. my only fear is blowing a load on a wheel only not to be able to use it next gen.

isamu

BeOnEdge said:
lets just buy the gamecube version. isamu, i may have to check ot those wheels. my only fear is blowing a load on a wheel only not to be able to use it next gen.

Next Gen, we're talking 2006 at the earliest! The true arcade experience requires sacrfice my yound lad :)

Besides, aren't you made of money? ;)

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
I don't give a shit about progressive scan, surround sound, online play or steering wheels mostly because I don't have access to any of it and don't have any greater interest in getting any of it.
I do, however, have a big interest in the game, and will definitely get it. Leaning towards Xbox because I prefer the Controller S for racing games. And custom soundtracks is good, 'cause I need Initial D music for racing games. :)

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Ps2 version has progressive scan, DPL2 and online play as well. As for the graphics, so far everyone has said that the differences are really just minimal, and both look socks-blowingly awesome. You get custom soundtracks on the Xbox, which is obviously a cool feature, but you get force feedback on PS2 which is really cool too. Both versions seem really great to me, and I don't think any of them outshines the other.

BeOnEdge

Banned
eh. i guess both versions will own hich is good for us all but as far as online play goes, the nod has to go to XBL. my experience with ps2 online has made me hate my PS2 network adapter.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
PS2 online gaming is like PC online gaming - depends on the title. I'm sure you'll enjoy your XBL experience more since that's just the way you lean, but I very much doubt this game would make you hate your PS2 NA...

BeOnEdge

Banned
its not the game. its just ps2s online setup. it IS too PC. funny though you'd figure it'd be the other way around since xbox is the PC in a box. :) i just like the fact that with LIVE, i grab my controller, my headset, turn on my xbox and live is active and ready right from the get go as if its already part of the game. PS2 online feels primative, almost like dialup even though its broadband. input this input that, verify this verify that then search for someone who even wants to play. god forbid you interrupt someones chatting. I gather that most ps2 buyers will be buying for the single player and a more mixed audience, online and off will buy the xbox version. it will be interesting to see jut hpw much the addition of LIVE effects EAs sales.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
input this input that, verify this verify that then search for someone who even wants to play. god forbid you interrupt someones chatting.
Well, interface related stuff like that *really* depends on the title.

isamu

Mason said:
Custom soundtracks does it for me. That is one feature I can't live without in racing games.

question about.... can you adjust the music volume sepreately from the sound effects even though the machine is streaming your own music into the game? And does it support FLAC files and Winamp integration? I plan on using a DJ mixer anyway....so I can have my own soundtrack to ANY game and console I want :D

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
BeOnEdge said:
its not the game.
It IS the game. Even with XBL it depends on the game as much the version of XBL it supports. Seriously, BOE, all of your PS2 online experience sounds like it comes from 1 or 2 games.

isamu

Marconelly said:
Well, interface related stuff like that *really* depends on the title.

Agreed. THUG for example is pretty damn straight forward and doesn't ask you for all those verification prompts. It's mostly wham bam thank you ma'am.

I haven't played Socom but given its popularity It's safe to say it's also pretty straight forward and user friendly.

BeOnEdge

Banned
yeah. its annoying. i like the fact that every xbl title works the same. hopefully ps3s online service emulates what MS has done with LIVE. one username, seamless online integration, voice chat, built in ethernet. anything less than XBL like service would piss me the hell off.

"Even with XBL it depends on the game as much the version of XBL it supports"

eh? wtf are u talking about. theres no difference in jumping in and playing on either version of XBL the newer version only adds stuff like voice invites and crap. the base is still great service.

Mason

isamu said:
question about.... can you adjust the music volume sepreately from the sound effects even though the machine is streaming your own music into the game? And does it support FLAC files and Winamp integration? I plan on using a DJ mixer anyway....so I can have my own soundtrack to ANY game and console I want :D

Yeah, there are separate adjustments for the music and sound effects, just like if you were using the in-game music. However, one quirk I do often notice is that some songs are really quiet and I have to crank up the music and turn down the soundeffects. It's kind of annoying and only seems to be a big issue in Burnout 2. Hopefully they'll fix that.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
BeOnEdge said:
eh? wtf are u talking about. theres no difference in jumping in and playing on either version of XBL the newer version only adds stuff like voice invites and crap. the base is still great service.
I didn't say the base wasn't great service, but there are certainly some games that are notably more sparse than others in their implementation. Compare something like MechAssault vs Moto GP.

Seriously guys.. did Burnout 1 or 2 ever get this much attention or hype? I remember eagerly anticipating BOTH games before release and I never remember this much hype for either of those games. Is it the inclusion of online thats made it a "must-have" for so many more ppl then the first 2 games?

I can't say that Burnout 3's boxart does much for me...

I much prefer Burnout 2's cover

cover.jpg

I just found another version of Burnout 2's cover

13.jpg

Was this an actual released cover or a mock up? I know this image is the ingame title screen.

Even Burnout 1's is pretty good imo.

620404_full.jpg

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I'll be picking up both for about 20 bux apiece so none of you can hide from the Canadian Violence coming your way.

Top Bottom