• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Business Insider - Microsoft is playing a very patient game with the future of Xbox, and it should be the model for Apple Arcade and Google's Stadia

Pallas

Gold Member
images

Denial of what exactly? Just curious.

12Dannu123

This is disingenuous at best, with PS4 and PC alone you have a huge potential user base and right now they are THE incumbent with a successful business, experience, and with growth potential while this article completely ignores it even exists to essentially give an unknown not launched service free hype (might have a preorder Xcloud now link ;)).

PC and PS4 is tiny compared to Mobile.

The article is right, Microsoft is in a far better position than other companies to become the Netflix of Gaming.

The only reason Sony is resisting the change is because they know that with a business model that relies on constant burning of cash, they can't compete against faints like Microsoft, Apple, Google and Amazon.

But the main question is why crazy extremist Sony fans are complaining about PSNow not having the same coverage and talking about Console Sales despite Cloud gaming has nothing to do with it.

I think it should be clear why.

• Sony's solution is crap, 5 years after release and only achieving 700,000 users is an absolute failure for any company. Whereas Game Pass came out in 2017 and already has millions of users and Microsoft will extend that user base with XCloud.
  • Sony's business model counteracts with Game Subscription services. Their games are single player one-off games, completely the opposite of subscriptions.
  • Sony can't compete in a money burning business model.

Google, Microsoft and Apple are loosing TONES of money in order to gain market share. The chart below shows how much Netflix losses every year. Can Sony be prepared to loose BILLIONS every year against companies that have vastly more resources?
chartoftheday_17761_netflix_quarterly_free_cash_flow_n.jpg

With common sense the answer is a big NO. They are not prepared to loose Billions every year. Sony isn't big enough to subsidize a Netflix approach of game content where companies pitch to Indies, Publishers etc and pay them a one-off fee. If Sony were to compete, they would bring in big debt, like Netflix. Microsoft, Apple and Google won't have a problem because they are big enough to fully subsidize Game Pass, Apple Arcade, Stadia. Sony fans say that they can compete with PSNow, but at the same time say that Game Pass is loosing money and Sony won't do it while also saying that they won't release their games on PSNow.

If Sony wants to compete in the game subscription market, they need to

• Become platform agnostic
  • Be prepared to loose billions every year
  • Release their exclusives day 1 (Google, Microsoft, Amazon and Apple are prepared to do so) IF they don't release their games on PSNow Day 1, why would anyone subscribe to their service, where on Game Pass they can get the same games and get MS Exclusives day 1?.
  • Cheap prices, Sony will likely never be cheaper than Stadia and XCloud because of royalties, but they should do aggressive discounts like the $1 GP Ultimate.

Last edited:

Elenchus

Banned

Is this supposed to be an answer to my question? Because...it sure doesn't seem like one.

If PS Now's revenue numbers are not public, how exactly would Daniel know if those numbers accounted for a significant portion of Sony's general network revenues or not?

In case you haven't noticed, straw man arguments and memes do not impress me much. But when you come up with an actual response, I'll be sure to consider it.

Thanks Yoda.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
As compared to what exactly? And where is the breakout of PS Now’s revenue as opposed to all of PSN?

We should assume it to be impressive because Daniel says it is?

Are we back to the “PS Family” thing again?

You don't have your foot in the video game industry as much as they do. You're just a NeoGAF poster with absolutely no credibility.

You're basically telling us to take your opinion over theirs, which is hilarious.

Analyst within the video game industry KNOWS it's going to take time to get video game streaming to the mass market. People don't have great internet access, their mobile devices are restricted due to data caps. Once things become easier and more accessible, that's when video game streaming will see a bit of a push going forward.

Saying it's a failure is just dumb.

Go on Twitter and tell them how much they're wrong so that they can laugh at you.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
PC and PS4 is tiny compared to Mobile.

The article is right, Microsoft is in a far better position than other companies to become the Netflix of Gaming.

The only reason Sony is resisting the change is because they know that with a business model that relies on constant burning of cash, they can't compete against faints like Microsoft, Apple, Google and Amazon.

But the main question is why crazy extremist Sony fans are complaining about PSNow not having the same coverage and talking about Console Sales despite Cloud gaming has nothing to do with it.

I think it should be clear why.

• Sony's solution is crap, 5 years after release and only achieving 700,000 users is an absolute failure for any company. Whereas Game Pass came out in 2017 and already has millions of users and Microsoft will extend that user base with XCloud.
  • Sony has to rely on Microsoft to have their service become better
  • Sony's business model counteracts with Game Subscription services. Their games are single player one-off games, completely the opposite of subscriptions.
  • Sony can't compete in a money burning business model.

Google, Microsoft and Apple are loosing TONES of money in order to gain market share. The chart below shows how much Netflix losses every year. Can Sony be prepared to loose BILLIONS every year against companies that have vastly more resources?

With common sense the answer is a big NO. They are not prepared to loose Billions every year.

This is nothing more than a fanboy post.

Do you know why Game Pass has millions of subscribers?

They're giving away subscriptions for $1

ONE DOLLAR.

That means they're trying to get as many people in as possible at high rate in an attempt to make them stay long term. Game Pass is not as popular as you think it is, and there's a reason why they have been giving away 1 dollar subs for so long.

For the past several months you have been going on and on about how Sony will not compete with Microsoft and Google because they don't have the servers to complete.

Now that has changed, you have simply moved the goalpost.

This is why the Xbox community gets criticized, because they tend to hype up Microsoft, and downplay Sony's success (who is giant in the video game industry).

At this point, Sony has in far better position than the others simply because they have PS Now in place and they're the market leader in the console market with millions of gamers in their ecosystem.

Elenchus

Banned
You don't have your foot in the video game industry as much as they do. You're just a NeoGAF poster with absolutely no credibility.

You're basically telling us to take your opinion over theirs, which is hilarious.

Why not? Daniel's opinion is without the necessary factual support and Matt's opinion that PS Now has grown to only 700K users in 5 years is not nearly as impressive as you seem to think it is.

In any event, neither one of them is final word on the matter and I remain unconvinced. If you are, that's fine.

zenspider

Has anything in gaming ever gotten more words written about it than Microsoft's TBD next-gen strategy? Call this a drive-by, but FFS it's enough already.

Elenchus

Banned
You wanna post them Game Pass revenues?

Let's talk about tuna salad.

Since you cannot focus on the topic at hand I figure we just pick a random topic the way you do and talk about that.

So what do you put in yours? I'm a boiled egg and celery man. My sister thinks celery seed is the way to go but she's a tree hugger.

I need to watch the celery stalks die under my knife. How about you?

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Why not? Daniel's opinion is without the necessary factual support and Matt's opinion that PS Now has grown to only 700K users in 5 years is not nearly as impressive as you seem to think it is.

In any event, neither one of them is final word on the matter and I remain unconvinced. If you are, that's fine.

Sony continues to invest in PS Now, and they will continue going forward.
Numbers of subscriptions has already been reported, and they believe it's good based on a very niche market that has yet to hit the masses.

This means subscriptions will likely grow as time goes on.

They're in the marketing research firm and see it as a positive.

You're just pretending to be one on NeoGAF and you want people to take your opinion over theirs.

You're no different than fanboys coming in Sony threads about sales, saying, "It only sold 10 million copies out 100 million consoles sold?"

What people do to discredit facts is to try to discredit the source.

Now tell is, how how many years have you spent as a video game analysis?

Mat and Zhuge could have been wrong several times in the past about their predictions, but they're still far more credible than you, and we just have to search your post history to figure that out.

demigod

Let's talk about tuna salad.

Since you cannot focus on the topic at hand I figure we just pick a random topic the way you do and talk about that.

So what do you put in yours? I'm a boiled egg and celery man. My sister thinks celery seed is the way to go but she's a tree hugger.

I need to watch the celery stalks die under my knife. How about you?

Yep I figured you would dodge. Thanks for playing :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Elenchus

Banned
Sony continues to invest in PS Now, and they will continue going forward.
Numbers of subscriptions has already been reported, and they believe it's good based on a very niche market that has yet to hit the masses.

This means subscriptions will likely grow as time goes on.

They're in the marketing research firm and see it as a positive.

You're just pretending to be one on NeoGAF and you want people to take your opinion over theirs.

You're no different than fanboys coming in Sony threads about sales, saying, "It only sold 10 million copies out 100 million consoles sold?"

What people do to discredit facts is to try to discredit the source.

Now tell is, how how many years have you spent as a video game analysis?

Mat and Zhuge could have been wrong several times in the past about their predictions, but they're still far more credible than you, and we just have to search your post history to figure that out.

Yes. The investment is incalculable.

ko5BHO5.png

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Yes. The investment is incalculable.

ko5BHO5.png

Microsoft and Sony unveiled a surprising partnership last week that will see the companies collaborate to develop future cloud solutions for game and content-streaming services. While both companies have spent more than 15 years battling it out over PlayStation and Xbox sales, Sony is now looking to Microsoft’s vast cloud experience to help power its existing and future streaming services, and Microsoft is teaming with a rival to fend off far larger gaming threats.

Sony Interactive Entertainment CEO Jim Ryan spoke at the company's most recent investor relations (IR) day and reaffirmed the importance of cloud gaming and streaming services to PlayStation going forward. The presentation specifically referenced Sony's short-term and long-term strategies with PlayStation Now, PS4 Remote Play, and Sony's new partnership with Microsoft regarding game streaming technologies.

Dude, just give it up.

kyoji

This is nothing more than a fanboy post.

Do you know why Game Pass has millions of subscribers?

They're giving away subscriptions for $1

ONE DOLLAR.

That means they're trying to get as many people in as possible at high rate in an attempt to make them stay long term. Game Pass is not as popular as you think it is, and there's a reason why they have been giving away 1 dollar subs for so long.

For the past several months you have been going on and on about how Sony will not compete with Microsoft and Google because they don't have the servers to complete.

Now that has changed, you have simply moved the goalpost.

This is why the Xbox community gets criticized, because they tend to hype up Microsoft, and downplay Sony's success (who is giant in the video game industry).

At this point, Sony has in far better position than the others simply because they have PS Now in place and they're the market leader in the console market with millions of gamers in their ecosystem.
/thread

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
So now it’s just “fishy”? No longer a global conspiracy between MS and the western media corporatists like Forbes, CNN, and MSNBC to destroy the purity of Japanese gaming?

What happened? Alex Jones no longer taking your calls?

Haha. You're a marketer's wet dream mate.

Big difference between "reds under the bed"-type paranoia and understanding that selective truth is the bedrock of advertising.
Its not a conspiracy theory to believe people are trying to sell you stuff at every opportunity.

So should everyone else.

It’s not up to them to prop up the entire industry.

This isn’t necessarily about propping up the entire industry, but just making sure their first party and exclusive line up is stronger as well making sure the XCloud works as promised. I’m expecting them to definitely make improvements next generation.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
"slashes devices" = historical fact.

"now looking" = aspirational goal.

Wake me up when we get to the splash park daddy.

You know "now looking" kills your entire narrative that it's a failure right?

If it was a failure, then they would've stopped along time ago.

Wake me up with your provide evidence that it's a failure.

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
Microsoft defense force staying strong. ;) It's not a secret that Microsoft is way way behind Sony and Nintendo when it comes to releasing killer first party exclusives that help in selling more consoles. It's entirely up to them to improve that situation, if they'll release great exclusives people will buy their hardware to play them.
Again, you guys are still thinking its all about hardware. Next gen won't be like this one. Some of you guys need to embrace the future (Cloud and subscriptions). That's where alot of this is going. And clearly, Microsoft won't be helping Sony by fouling up next gen reveal. Theyve got studios up the wazoo working on next gen games. This doesn't include Google and Amazons arrival. Next gen will be interested indeed. Sony could dominate again, but it won't be near as easy. That much is certain.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Again, you guys are still thinking its all about hardware. Next gen won't be like this one. Some of you guys need to embrace the future (Cloud and subscriptions). That's where alot of this is going. And clearly, Microsoft won't be helping Sony by fouling up next gen reveal. Theyve got studios up the wazoo working on next gen games. This doesn't include Google and Amazons arrival. Next gen will be interested indeed. Sony could dominate again, but it won't be near as easy. That much is certain.

It's not ALL about hardware, but it IS very important.

Xbox fans on NeoGAF think gamers are going to drop everything and move straight to cloud gaming.

THAT'S NOT going to happen.

Amazon, Google, Microsoft and Sony are all going to have their own streaming service..

But guess what?

Xbox gamers will most likely move to xCloud and Sony gamers will most likely move to PS Now when/if streaming takes off.

Console sales ARE important because 1) Cloud gaming will likely still be niche for awhile and 2) it keeps people within the ecosystem.

This is why Xbox fans generally get laughed at because they tend to hype up MS' products and think Sony is somehow going to be in some danger.

This happened with DX12
This happened with the Cloud
This happened with the Xbox One X (Though, they believe it will sell gangbusters, not take over)
Now it's happening with xCloud

You guys need to tamper your expectations.

Kagey K

Banned
It's not ALL about hardware, but it IS very important.

Xbox fans on NeoGAF think gamers are going to drop everything and move straight to cloud gaming.

THAT'S NOT going to happen.

Amazon, Google, Microsoft and Sony are all going to have their own streaming service..

But guess what?

Xbox gamers will most likely move to xCloud and Sony gamers will most likely move to PS Now when/if streaming takes off.

This is a post so full of fallacies.

I think everyone here assumes anyone here will continue to be on consoles and only using cloud as a last resort, while they are away from home for an extended period of time.

These cloud services are for the casuals that don’t buy consoles.

How are Sony users going to use PS Now as it stands on thier phones? While away from home? Are all PS users Xperia owners?

Tell me about how a PS4 user with an Apple XS is going to play on PSNow.

Kagey K

Banned
Kagey K, you're on thin ice my friend.

You simply can't defend MS here the way you are anymore. You've likely got a ban coming your way if you keep it up. Just accept your Sony overlords and let it be.
Meh.

If I get banned for using logic, then it is what it is,

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius

BXne63X.jpg

Remote Play... you should have put a more stringent set of acceptance criteria ;).

PSNow will expand, PS4 and PC/Mac are a big target and with iOS 13 adding Dual Shock 4 support I do not see PSNow on iOS being that far behind... Android (Samsung and Google Pixel phones) too.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Remote Play... you should have put a more stringent set of acceptance criteria ;).

PSNow will expand, PS4 and PC/Mac are a big target and with iOS 13 adding Dual Shock 4 support I do not see PSNow on iOS being that far behind... Android (Samsung and Google Pixel phones) too.
Right now, as of this morning there is no universal app, and everything you have to do to get remote play on your phone is far beyond what the average consumer is willing to do.

That is the point of these cloud services right now, and so many here seem to be missing it.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Right now, as of this morning there is no universal app, and everything you have to do to get remote play on your phone is far beyond what the average consumer is willing to do.

That is the point of these cloud services right now, and so many here seem to be missing it.

Moving goal posts now after asking the question ;)?
For a lot of people on mobile PSNow, xCloud, Stadia, etc... will underperform as 4G effective speed and 5G are oversold. Go near London Bridge or many central London areas and see how well all those full four bars do ;).

Anyways, if you can give to an unreleased product all your trust and have faith it will deliver while a product that does deliver already on two huge platforms (PS4 Remote Play is based on the same streaming tech btw) is not given any trust to keep expanding not only on more countries but on more devices is the part where this conversation becomes partisan and illogical IMHO.

Last edited:

Klayzer

For a lot of people on mobile PSNow, xCloud, Stadia, etc... will underperform as 4G effective speed and 5G are oversold. Go bear London Bridge or many central London areas and see how well all those full four bars do ;).

Anyways, if you can give to an unreleased product all your trust and have faith it will deliver while a product that does deliver already on two huge platforms (PS4 Remote Play is based on the same streaming tech btw) is not given any trust to keep expanding not only on more countries but on more devices is the part where this conversation becomes partisan and illogical IMHO.
It amuses me how much faith a lot of the Xbox crowd continually have in a unreleased service. Why do they think the other console makers will be doing absolutely nothing to prepare for the future is beyond me. Is it because the Microsoft marketing machine is just that much better than the rest? Legitimate question.

Kagey K

Banned
For a lot of people on mobile PSNow, xCloud, Stadia, etc... will underperform as 4G effective speed and 5G are oversold. Go near London Bridge or many central London areas and see how well all those full four bars do ;).

It amuses me how much faith a lot of the Xbox crowd continually have in a unreleased service. Why do they think the other console makers will be doing absolutely nothing to prepare for the future is beyond me. Is it because the Microsoft marketing machine is just that much better than the rest? Legitimate question.
I’ll take it back to the original point. Sony launched PS Now on many devices, then reverted back to PC, PS4 and certain Sony phones only.

Why would you invest in a service if they might revoke it later for seemingly no good reason?

They made the decisions they did and now they will have to see the results of it.

Until then there is nothing left to see, but I think it might open thier eyes going forward.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Why would you invest in a service if they might revoke it later for seemingly no good reason?

My God dude, stop attacking GamePass for its lack of ownership guarantees and the online vendor ability to remove games at any moment’s notice... love your subtle hint about Google cancelling products that clearly biased your Stadia comments...

;)... j/k of course, but I am not sure this particular argument is relevant to this discussion.

Sony has some problems, like many, on supporting a wide variety of Android phones and controller options on iOS were also limited. So, with reason, the prioritise investment in the PC and PS4 clients, brought remote play to iOS (and Android too IIRC), and expanded the countries that could run the service in the first place,

I think both Android and iOS now are in a much better position. On Android, we see monumental strides forward to on one side with Project Treble to ensure Android OS updates would arrive to more phones more quickly (and thus bring the much revamped tech stack to many more users) and in the other side with Google Play Services/Jetpack/Project Mainline tent pole initiatives to modularise the platform and allow it to be updated without waiting for a new Android OS major or minor release and the historic delays associated with that.

On iOS, with the upcoming iOS 13 release, we have proper third party controllers support on iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad... with Catalyst a future PSNow iOS client could reasonably replace the macOS one thus bringing speedier updates and lowering R&D and maintenance cost on iOS and macOS.

We may agree that until PSNow runs on Xbox and xCloud runs on PlayStation that the true potential of the service to unify gaming is going to be held back.

Last edited:
Are Sony and Nintendo fans not excited about the future of their favorite platforms. Nothing is wrong with Xbox fans being excited about the future of Xbox. Microsoft is certainly not giving up on it.
Sure, in some way, but it's also different, nobody (or I don't notice it) uses what sounds like empty corporate speak to prop up "the brand". They get excited about games, some specific hardware revision, etc. Tangible and relatable stuff.

I can't get excited about any streaming service, I had access to psnow for who knows how long, I can stream my PC games to my phone/tablet because I own an Nvidia card, etc. I can remote play my PS4 games to whatever I care for, and I found I have no use for this kind of "feature" and I don't care if you put an x in front of the cloud it's still pointless, and MS is late to the game, yet they act as if they invented streaming.

So, MS will get credit when they deliver ground breaking, goty material, games to their platform (s). I couldn't care less about the rest until that happens, all the branding, features, console performance, etc is more or less inconsequential.

DanielsM

Banned
Is this supposed to be an answer to my question? Because...it sure doesn't seem like one.

If PS Now's revenue numbers are not public, how exactly would Daniel know if those numbers accounted for a significant portion of Sony's general network revenues or not?

In case you haven't noticed, straw man arguments and memes do not impress me much. But when you come up with an actual response, I'll be sure to consider it.

Thanks Yoda.

Well, maybe assuming and assuming incorrectly that people reached the 3rd grade here and can multiply $69.99-99.99 by 700,000 subscribers. (Apparently the assumption was wrong) Why would anyone need Sony to multiply simple numerical figures? I haven't found any evidence that would support huge money in streaming, and probably low margins on any of the rental models if not negative margin, if I were to guess.

Sony further said there was 40% annual growth which means that the growth only happened once they offered downloads. So, everyone loves streaming but nobody signs up, 100s of silly articles on streaming yet nobody signs up for the countless number services over the last 10+ years, all kinds of articles on subscriptions rental services but those have existed for a very long time now well, yet nobody wants to really pay a price for it. I see nothing wrong with people reporting on streaming or rental models from time to time, but nothing to generate countless silly articles and flooding the world with threads. Its called having common sense and being courtesy to fellow man/woman/it.

Too much information can be just as bad as not enough. I always think of George from Seinfeld talking up bowling to Tony when I see all the silly Microsoft articles that talk about everything but gaming. "Bowling's insane!!!!!!!"

I’ll take it back to the original point. Sony launched PS Now on many devices, then reverted back to PC, PS4 and certain Sony phones only.

If its a pure rental model which is what these are, not much harm in it unless you invest money into hardware - I would say that's the upside. Its really the digital storefronts like Games for Windows Live and eventually the Microsoft Store which will be the issue i.e. purchases.

Microsoft recently just gave up on ebook purchases, but at least they gave refunds (well maybe only credit), Games for Windows Live users weren't so lucky and I doubt MS Store users will be so lucky.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster

If the desire isn't there to own a console, why would console games clumsily transplanted onto a mobile screen be more appealing?

Not to mention that if you want to use the "natural" controller that the game was designed for, you need to clamp/attach your smartphone or tablet to a lump of plastic several times its volume and weight and requires its own power/is subject to its own battery-life limitations.

This is a lot of hassle for "convenience".

As per usual the glaring flaw with the "Netflix for Games" proposition is assuming that gaming is just about the display, when almost all the real limitations and restrictions are a result of the interactivity requirements. Its not passive like watching a show, where you mostly just need to prop-up or hold your display reasonably static at a reasonable distance, that is just part of the equation.

The comments in this thread seemed to have completely lost track of the actual article. The article wasn't comparing Microsoft to Sony. They were comparing Microsoft to Apple and Google, and they're right. Microsoft's gaming services are in a better position BY FAR compared to Stadia or Apple Arcade and offer a far better value proposition.

Add this to Google's tendancy and reputation of having no patience and to just cut and run on services that don't take off right away, in addition to how you have to pay full price for the license to stream some of the games on their platform. Google is probably in an even worse position than Apple is as far as the gaming industry goes, say nothing of Nintendo, Sony or Microsoft.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
This is a post so full of fallacies.

I think everyone here assumes anyone here will continue to be on consoles and only using cloud as a last resort, while they are away from home for an extended period of time.

How are Sony users going to use PS Now as it stands on thier phones? While away from home? Are all PS users Xperia owners?

You say that with everything to defend your favorite brand.

Most gamers are casual. Do you know why competitive games such as Mortal Kombat and Tekken have cinematic story modes?

It's mainly for casuals.

Do you think Gears online will be played among casuals?

No, most will be playing offline.

Like I said MOST gamers are casual. Cloud gaming will not reach mobile users, it will reach anyone and anywhere with a device capable of streaming it.

The problem is that it will take YEARS for these things to become accessible for most people. A mobile game such as Pokemon Go requires MUCH less data than streaming a game from xCloud or PS Now

Most of us know you're an Xbox fanboy, and you really don't know what you're even talking about most of the time.

Agent X

Regarding PlayStation Now:

Because that service is limited to less devices now then it used to be. Had they grown it and extended it to more devices instead of less, they might be getting the same press.

They went a different route and now need to reinsert themselves into the conversation, which also means backtracking certain decisions.

It's tru that Sony removed access to the PS Now service from PS3, Vita, PSTV, some Sony and Samsung smart TVs, and some connected Blu-ray players.

They also added access to the service from PCs.

Consider the number of PCs out there that are capable of accessing PS Now. That's a much larger number than the total of PS3, Vita, etc. devices that lost that ability.

With that in mind, the PS Now service has in fact grown, by virtue of being accessible by a greater number of devices.

Microsoft recently just gave up on ebook purchases, but at least they gave refunds (well maybe only credit), Games for Windows Live users weren't so
Add this to Google's tendancy and reputation of having no patience and to just cut and run on services that don't take off right away,
Read the message above for MS playing the long game, add msn messenger, everybody who bought music files from stores that distrbuted WMA files with its DRM system, lync business, and countless other products MS abandoned - this is normal they will throw money at a project for as long as they believe there is a possibility to turn it into some meaningful income driver for the business, like any business, this is not sarcasm, businesses people tend to be industrious.

Three

Is there anything else "as of this morning "? so what are you talking about? That's the thing, they dropped support for it for a reason. Much like MS dropped support for Windows Phone. People weren't using it on their Vitas, Phones/Tablets on some crappy high latency 3G/4G network but xCloud is the second-coming apparently.

Last edited:

Stuart360

Annoying and frustrating thread to read, as usual with Xbox related threads. So with Microsoft buying all these studios, they should have their fair share of console exclusives next gen, so whats the new rhetoric going to be?. First it was power, until the X launched. Then it was exclusives, but it looks like Xbox will be sorted regarding that next gen. So what will it be next?, Xcloud vs PSNow?.

FranXico

I understand any skepticism around cloud gaming but then to cry that Sony has been doing it longer just smacks of hive defend mode mentality
But they have been doing for a few years already. It's true. So what? What do you think the hive is defending them from?

quickwhips

Annoying and frustrating thread to read, as usual with Xbox related threads. So with Microsoft buying all these studios, they should have their fair share of console exclusives next gen, so whats the new rhetoric going to be?. First it was power, until the X launched. Then it was exclusives, but it looks like Xbox will be sorted regarding that next gen. So what will it be next?, Xcloud vs PSNow?.
Some people wont be buying xbox next gen. Who cares? Its wheree my friends are and where i will be. I enjoyed my ps4 for last of us multiplayer but love xbox for all the great multiplayer games.

Then it was exclusives, but it looks like Xbox will be sorted regarding that next gen. So what will it be next?, Xcloud vs PSNow?.
We had psnow and have not cared about it for an eternity... As for the exclusive situation, you have to understand that: early in the gen we were told that they would pull people thoward the one, Titanfall came and went... But there was no actual follow through, no sustained effort... Sure MS bought a lot of talented developers, what they need to prove is that they will manage that talent in a way that is conductive to great games (i.e. focus on the games first, not the business model around it, don't release fancy store fronts disguising as games, and call that gaas).

Now when the x goes against the pro, sure early in the generation there wasn't the critical mass of goty level exclusive titles on the ps4 (but for all the problems the ps3 had, sony delivered big time on the ps3) ...so power was a much bigger argument, also the og Xbox one was less powerful ABD it was more expensive. Now the pro comes out a year or so before the x, has more and much better games... I mean, you have to be willing to sacrifice a lot for the little benfits it gives you.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force

Don't pretend Xbox gamers go into Sony related threads and post ridiculous BS.

Games always mattered, it's funny considering how Xbox fans moved the goalpost.

The so called "list wars" started because it was PS fans trying to prove Sony had games, but Xbox fanboys tiried to say, "Indie? No body cares about those. The Last of Us? It's on PS3! Driveclub? Forza is better! Look at the Metacritic scores."

Go to The Last of Us threads, and you will see Xbox fanboys crapping on the game.

Same with just about any other Sony thread.

The difference is that PS fans generally put forth a well thought argument, while Xbox fans spew the overrated, overhyped, media bias, all the time.

pr0cs

But they have been doing for a few years already. It's true. So what? What do you think the hive is defending them from?
Did you even read the article? Psnow isn't even mentioned, so why even bring it up in this thread? Why are we talking about psnow if it's not even really mentioned? That's why it smacks of defend the hive

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Did you even read the article? Psnow isn't even mentioned, so why even bring it up in this thread? Why are we talking about psnow if it's not even really mentioned? That's why it smacks of defend the hive

Because the article feels like badly researched article at best cheerleading puff piece...

Top Bottom