• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Business Insider - Microsoft is playing a very patient game with the future of Xbox, and it should be the model for Apple Arcade and Google's Stadia

Alebrije

Xbox's long list of exclusive games helps sell consoles. Meanwhile, every game confirmed for Stadia's launch will be available on another platform.

giphy.gif

its an article or a Xbone propaganda....?

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Why do these Xbox threads bring out the Sony crazy people?
I understand any skepticism around cloud gaming but then to cry that Sony has been doing it longer just smacks of hive defend mode mentality

Sure, it is not one side screaming for a win ;)... c’mon... seriously, the comment was on the article.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Not sure why these kind of articles keep pushing an unreleased service (Xcloud)
I'm not sure 'articles' is the right word here - there's another type of media that has nothing to say except for (seemingly)never-ending bullet-point lists.
Seriously the only thing missing is the 'call us now to secure yours' tagline at the end...

More to the point I fail to see the big competition between these at all. Apple is doing walled garden exclusives, and Google's decision to start with no-library puts them in their own tiny niche for first couple of years (Assuming they stick around that long), so XCloud is really only competing with what's already on the market (consoles, and PSNow/GFNow).

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Remember folks, if it's a article that shines MS in any kind of positive light, it is NEVER an actual opinion. It is ALWAYS shilling and astroturfing. Now, if it's a positive Sony article...well...that's just spreading truths, bruh. :pie_eyeroll:

The day an article praises Sony in the eventual scenario they announce a Netflix like game download service and the article completely misses to talk about GamePass it will be a trashy propaganda like bit too... or fanboyish one at best. There will be Sony fans playing the victim card too, quite sure ;).

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Remember folks, if it's a article that shines MS in any kind of positive light, it is NEVER an actual opinion. It is ALWAYS shilling and astroturfing. Now, if it's a positive Sony article...well...that's just spreading truths, bruh. :pie_eyeroll:

Just like a mediocre review or criticism from someone is considered media bias from the Xbox fanboy camp? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Gamernyc78

Banned
Microsofts long reach and money in the tech world really makes reporting companies come out in drives to really suck tht %&%k

Lol 😭😁🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
The day an article praises Sony in the eventual scenario they announce a Netflix like game download service and the article completely misses to talk about GamePass it will be a trashy propaganda like bit too... or fanboyish one at best. There will be Sony fans playing the victim card too, quite sure ;).
You and your pals think every article that mentions positive MS information is paid to do so. It's comical to read paranoid delusions brought on by fear of a corporate brand like it's the fucking boogeyman. Lol.

Microsofts long reach and money in the tech world really makes reporting companies come out in drives to really suck tht %&%k

Lol 😭😁🤣🤣🤣
So you are claiming that the article has no factual information?...or are you just mad that they didn't discuss Sony and you see this as some sort of slight against you personally?

You know fellas, if a company isn't mentioned in an article, it doesn't mean they are picking on your favorite corporation. People have the right to write about a subject and not include every possible option on earth. Plus, when discussing cloud computing giants, Sony is not in the same category. Sorry. Doesn't make your PS any less valuable to you. Context is important...along with common sense...

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
You and your pals think every article that mentions positive MS information is paid to do so. It's comical to read paranoid delusions brought on by fear of a corporate brand like it's the fucking boogeyman. Lol.

Me and my pals? Lol, good you got a hidden SonyGAF cry there and called me a fanboy in one go. Mad props for being concise!

You are hiding behind the “you are just criticising it because it has good things to say about Xbox” victim card... this is a shitty poorly researched article that also manages to say something good about Xbox.

Mate, if you are this in need to have the good word of Xbox out than any written online blog will do, no matter the source of info or how the article presents the info or how well researched it is... well fine...

The funny thing is that even when put things in the proper context there is plenty to be happy about Scarlett yet you jump and scream if someone dares to call things as they are: either it is a poorly researched and written article or it is veering on the propaganda. Pick your poison.

Again, just to make sure it does not hurt any sensibility, none of this is a criticism of Xcloud.

Gamernyc78

Banned
So you are claiming that the article has no factual information?...or are you just mad that they didn't discuss Sony and you see this as some sort of slight against you personally?

You know fellas, if a company isn't mentioned in an article, it doesn't mean they are picking on your favorite corporation. People have the right to write about a subject and not include every possible option on earth. Plus, when discussing cloud computing giants, Sony is not in the same category. Sorry. Doesn't make your PS any less valuable to you. Context is important...along with common sense...

How did I know you would respond? Get tht money baby. Keep those checks coming in 😏😉

Me and my pals? Lol, good you got a hidden SonyGAF cry there and called me a fanboy in one go. Mad props for being concise!

You are hiding behind the “you are just criticising it because it has good things to say about Xbox” victim card... this is a shitty poorly researched article that also manages to say something good about Xbox.

Mate, if you are this in need to have the good word of Xbox out than any written online blog will do, no matter the source of info or how the article presents the info or how well researched it is... well fine...

The funny thing is that even when put things in the proper context there is plenty to be happy about Scarlett yet you jump and scream if someone dares to call things as they are: either it is a poorly researched and written article or it is veering on the propaganda. Pick your poison.

Again, just to make sure it does not hurt any sensibility, none of this is a criticism of Xcloud.
Check what I wrote again. Criticize the article's points, MS, and XCloud all you want, I wouldn't of said anything. But the constant "shill/astroturfing" claims of every xbox article that gets a thread is so ignorant I have a hard time believing that anyone can be that serious about it. Like, do you really believe that everyone is paid off? I'm sure there is a possibility of personal biased, but paid to specifically say so? Damn near every positive MS article is paid for in every GAF thread? Delusional at best.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
To be clear for the Xbox fanboys in this thread.

I was mostly an Xbox gamer over the past 2 generations.

I bought my first PS3 in 2009
Bought my PS4 December 2014

My first console this generation was an Xbox One console and I bought it day one.

Just because I criticize the XBox, that doesn't mean I hate Xbox, It's just that I think they have made many poor decisions this generation and many Xbox fanboys who claim these are "positive articles" are in fact wishful thinking that many people don't agree with.

It's always going to come down to games, period.

Sony is a Juggernaut in the console market and it's going to take a lot more to really compete against them, and what these positive articles are stating are most than likely not going to work - at least not during the beginning of next generation.

Mattyp

Gold Member
Xbox's long list of exclusive games helps sell consoles. Meanwhile, every game confirmed for Stadia's launch will be available on another platform.

Xbox doesn't have exclusives? Or just ones you don't want to play?
Which one of these is factual?

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Microsoft has to cut their teeth (phone division dead, music through Zune dead, motion control dead etc.) and more than likely Gamepass will be another failure, thankfully they still have Halo which easily could have gone multiplatform and already did if you consider the PC version of MCC coming out.

Klayzer

All joking aside, not every article that's published is a Microsoft propaganda piece. Hard as it is for some on this board to believe, but there are genuinely millions of people excited for the future of the Xbox brand. I know it's fun to pile on the many pro-Xcloud articles, but you also have to recognize there is excitement for the direction of the brand too.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Check what I wrote again. Criticize the article's points, MS, and XCloud all you want, I wouldn't of said anything. But the constant "shill/astroturfing" claims of every xbox article that gets a thread is so ignorant I have a hard time believing that anyone can be that serious about it. Like, do you really believe that everyone is paid off? I'm sure there is a possibility of personal biased, but paid to specifically say so? Damn near every positive MS article is paid for in every GAF thread? Delusional at best.

Nobody is saying that any article talking positively about Xbox is shilling for it / paid for, you are fighting against windmills.
You are insisting that money exchanged hands and articles are paid for.

This is a poorly researched article at best... if they are shilling for free or not or if it just poorly researched and a bit fanboyish is a whole other matter. Online bloggers and “games media” may choose to do and write whatever they want, people react to an article that is not informative and reads like an ad and misleads readers.

I am not here to criticise a yet to launch Xcloud, I am here taking about a poor article that tried to create a false narrative just to put thing A on a pedestal because it was linked to in the OP.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
All joking aside, not every article that's published is a Microsoft propaganda piece. Hard as it is for some on this board to believe, but there are genuinely millions of people excited for the future of the Xbox brand. I know it's fun to pile on the many pro-Xcloud articles, but you also have to recognize there is excitement for the direction of the brand too.

They should be excited as they have many reasons to, but taking a stand on this article seems like a weird hill to die on. Should I be happy because my newspaper became a propaganda puff piece just because they are shilling for the politician I like? Sorry for the loose metaphor, but that is kind of the point I was trying to make.

Pallas

Gold Member
I also don't think Microsoft is playing the patient game, they're just playing catch up right now because they were not prepared to close out the final years of this generation.

They have a lot to prove next generation, and they're going to need more than xCloud and subscriptions services.

I’d argue that they are playing the patient game, you pretty much have to if you want any market share in this industry. It’s why so many question if Google is actually serious, because they usually kill projects in a few years if it’s not a home run. Same would happen to the Xbox brand if Microsoft wasn’t patient.

giphy.gif

Compare to Google and Apple? Yeah they have exclusives that people want. Sony has more, no one is denying that, arguably better ones too, but to say Xbox has no exclusives is disingenuous. Inb4 “b-b-but they are on PC too!” Not everyone wants to or even has a PC that is capable for gaming current gen titles.

M$ is in trouble if they DON'T pursue cloud gaming.
Yeah but you could say the same to all the players. I know “Cloud gaming” is a bit of a boogeyman or even a meme phrase but eventually hardware won’t be needed once infrastructure is up to standards and high speed internet is affordable and obtainable by most if not all gamers in the future.

But overall I’m excited about the prospects of cloud gaming by Sony and Microsoft, and to a lesser extent Nintendo(Nintendo really is an oddity in all of this) since they are an established force, with known IP’s and exclusive content.

Google and to a lesser extent Apple, I’m not as high on. Google really offers nothing more than the competition and as of now looks to have nothing unique except third party IP’s which can be obtained on Xbox or Sony and maybe even Nintendo.

Apple is a giant question mark for me with their upcoming subscription service and rumored exclusive content. Is it just indie stuff or will they actually make some interesting titles that make you want to subscribe, because let’s face it that majority of exclusive mobile games are pretty much F2P and gacha hell.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
I’d argue that they are playing the patient game, you pretty much have to if you want any market share in this industry. It’s why so many question if Google is actually serious, because they usually kill projects in a few years if it’s not a home run. Same would happen to the Xbox brand if Microsoft wasn’t patient.

The fact that they bought studios shows they're not "playing the patient game."

They were behind and now they have to play catch up.

If they wanted to capture any market share, then they would've been better prepared to close out this gen while Sony is going to launch some of the most anticipated titles in 2019/2020.

Gamers see what the competition has, and it's only going to make people choose one console over the other.

Pallas

Gold Member
The fact that they bought studios shows they're not "playing the patient game."

They were behind and now they have to play catch up.

If they wanted to capture any market share, then they would've been better prepared to close out this gen while Sony is going to launch some of the most anticipated titles in 2019/2020.

Gamers see what the competition has, and it's only going to make people choose one console over the other.

They weren’t really playing catch up this gen, I got the the impressions that all The acquisitions was preparing for the future when essentially the game resets to 0 next gen and yes buying studios is the patience game because those studios have to make the games first which can take years not playing the patience game would be them buying up third party exclusives which is what they did at the beginning of the gen.

Anyone expecting them to catch up this gen is on some potent shit.

But we can both agree that they could and should of been better prepared.

Edit: By not playing catch up, I’m referring to that they stopped trying to catch up and decided to plan ahead toward next gen. Could they have caught up? I highly doubt it.

Last edited:
Xbox doesn't have exclusives? Or just ones you don't want to play?
Which one of these is factual?
Re-read what you responded to, it's basically just saying that xbox has no actual exclusivity for any of its games since they're all published on other platforms (xbox console, switch, windows store, steam, soon xcloud).

It's fair to say, maybe MS doesn't care, but we do.

but you also have to recognize there is excitement for the direction of the brand too.
Who gets excited about the future of a brand? Unless you're on the board of directors I don't see that happening, that sounds like soul less corporate speak.

MS has done enough to prop up their platform (all those 180s, backward compat, they released a good console in the x, maybe a few more, but they are what counts in my eyes). Noew they need to fix their console OS and deliver the games, nobody cares about the nooks and crannies of your brand if it offers nothing worthwhile compared to the competition on it's field.

So we don't care about MS buying all the studios, streaming all the things, doing backflips while spitting fire, if all they give us are games that don't stand out in a meaningful way.

Their social media strategy screams for attention, they make a big deal of everything, they remind me more of a deluded over dramatic teen age girls than a chess player.

Last edited:

Klayzer

Re-read what you responded to, it's basically just saying that xbox has no actual exclusivity for any of its games since they're all published on other platforms (xbox console, switch, windows store, steam, soon xcloud).

It's fair to say, maybe MS doesn't care, but we do.

Who gets excited about the future of a brand? Unless you're on the board of directors I don't see that happening, that sounds like soul less corporate speak.

MS has done enough to prop up their platform (all those 180s, backward compat, they released a good console in the x, maybe a few more, but they are what counts in my eyes). Noew they need to fix their console OS and deliver the games, nobody cares about the nooks and crannies of your brand if it offers nothing worthwhile compared to the competition on it's field.

So we don't care about MS buying all the studios, streaming all the things, doing backflips while spitting fire, if all they give us are games that don't stand out in a meaningful way.

Their social media strategy screams for attention, they make a big deal of everything, they remind me more of a deluded over dramatic teen age girls than a chess player.
Are Sony and Nintendo fans not excited about the future of their favorite platforms. Nothing is wrong with Xbox fans being excited about the future of Xbox. Microsoft is certainly not giving up on it.

Elenchus

Banned
How many streaming threads are we going to have with Sony fanboys whining about PS Now not getting more press or a more prominent mention in this conversation (as if PS Now is entitled to some sort of trophy for merely existing)?

Sony has had years to establish PS Now as the dominant streaming service and has obviously failed to cement it as the streaming service people think of first. Had Sony done that by now, they would have no need of free media promotion so I think its safe to say, that while none here will ever admit it, PS Now has squandered perhaps the biggest head start in video game history. Its failure is evident from Sony's lack of interest, investment, or promotion of the service.

It's subscriber count is not particularly impressive and the buzz for PS Now is a complete flatline. Of course, this being GAF no one will blame Sony for PS Now's failure to capture more mindshare. Its not Sony's fault (never is). Its the fault of the biased America loving western media (which is apparently involved in a black bag conspiracy with clandestine astroturfers posting on GAF in an insidious plot to persuade the last 100 posters still using this nearly defunct forum that Xcloud is the future).

Here's a novel idea. Instead of breaking your keyboards in a mad dash to post that silly superdata chart built on random guesses, what if you pushed Sony to do something with PS Now that is actually exciting enough to be newsworthy? Crazy idea I know but the cold hard truth is its not the job of the media to prop up PS Now--its Sony's.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
They weren’t really playing catch up this gen, I got the the impressions that all The acquisitions was preparing for the future when essentially the game resets to 0 next gen and yes buying studios is the patience game because those studios have to make the games first which can take years not playing the patience game would be them buying up third party exclusives which is what they did at the beginning of the gen.

Anyone expecting them to catch up this gen is on some potent shit.

But we can both agree that they could and should of been better prepared.

Edit: By not playing catch up, I’m referring to that they stopped trying to catch up and decided to plan ahead toward next gen. Could they have caught up? I highly doubt it.

Buying studios is the patience game?

It's not.

People are getting impatient with Microsoft. While Sony and Nintendo are pushing out these big games, people are left wondering, "What's up with Microsoft?"

Yes, Halo Infinite, Gears of War 5 are big titles that have been announces, but that's still weak in comparison to their competition, especially considering the fact that Microsoft hasn't released many big games within the past several ears.

Microsoft had big studio announcements at E3, talked about 14 first party studio reveals etc. That's them buying time, and it has nothing to do with patience.

DanielsM

Banned
How many streaming threads are we going to have with Sony fanboys whining about PS Now not getting more press or a more prominent mention in this conversation (as if PS Now is entitled to some sort of trophy for merely existing)?

Sony has had years to establish PS Now as the dominant streaming service and has obviously failed to cement it as the streaming service people think of first. Had Sony done that by now, they would have no need of free media promotion so I think its safe to say, that while none here will ever admit it, PS Now has squandered perhaps the biggest head start in video game history. Its failure is evident from Sony's lack of interest, investment, or promotion of the service.

It's subscriber count is not particularly impressive and the buzz for PS Now is a complete flatline. Of course, this being GAF no one will blame Sony for PS Now's failure to capture more mindshare. Its not Sony's fault (never is). Its the fault of the biased America loving western media (which is apparently involved in a black bag conspiracy with clandestine astroturfers posting on GAF in an insidious plot to persuade the last 100 posters still using this nearly defunct forum that Xcloud is the future).

Here's a novel idea. Instead of breaking your keyboards in a mad dash to post that silly superdata chart built on random guesses, what if you pushed Sony to do something with PS Now that is actually exciting enough to be newsworthy? Crazy idea I know but the cold hard truth is its not the job of the media to prop up PS Now--its Sony's.

Actually, your post is part of the problem - nobody gives a shit about any of this stuff yet there is countless threads on the same nothing i.e. astro-turfing worse than 2013. Streaming has never been alive to be dead, which is what most Sony users will even admit to. Nobody cares about any of this stuff and really nobody cares about any of the other stuff i.e. xCloud, Stadia, Game Pass, etc., yet we have countless articles and threads generated every day on the same subject.

Nobody is mad, people are just pointing out the obvious.

xCloud is simply a possible streaming service.
Stadia is simply a possible streaming service.
Game Pass is yet just another rental service with the countless other ones.

So... why is there multiple threads a day on the same thing which are really just rental programs? It would be like multiple threads on GameFly, its simple a rental service. You don't see Sony jumping up and down or PS users jumping up and down over PS Now because its just simple a rental service. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I would call all these threads basically spam at this point.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force

If it was a failure, then Sony should be giving up on cloud gaming any moment now...

Oh wait.. It's not.

The “without a console” part is key here as PlayStation Now is currently limited to PC and PS4 (stream to both, download on PS4 only). Google Stadia will work with laptops, televisions, and tablets without a need for additional hardware and it seems like Sony is gearing up to do the same with PlayStation Now. Sony also points toward the new partnership with Microsoft as a means to achieve the ideal growth and scale. That handshake between the two gaming giants allows Sony to utilize Microsoft’s platform for content streaming. The last interesting footnote is the mention that the 780 games that are on PlayStation Now require “no developer effort.”

Streaming is niche and any level headed video game industry analyst would tell you this.

But you don't see this because you're thinking from a fanboy perspective.

You can't call a niche product a failure because it could take years for it to hit mainstream.

It's all about accessibility, and this is rather difficult considering the all the restrictions game streaming has (internet access, data caps etc.)

It's a slow process, and it's going to continue for years.

But you think it's a failure.

I think you should take this argument to any reasonable video game industry analyst so they can laugh at what you're posting.

dirthead

Banned
Not sure why these kind of articles keep pushing an unreleased service (Xcloud) hyping it beyond reason and completely forget to even name another service that launched several years ago and has an established presence and revenue coming in (PSNow)... more third party advertising in the guise of journalism...

Sure, I get the core of this is about incumbents vs Apple and Google services and the author chose to focus and push MS’s angle... expected a more balanced incumbents vs potential disruptive innovator angle.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was simply astroturfing (Microsoft does it all the time) or if Business Insider's owners simply own a lot of Microsoft stock. "News" sites like those are a fucking joke.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster

It "existing" is a big deal! If nothing else its the only real measure of relative interest in this sort of service offering, and as such is very relevant to the prognosis for success for this upcoming wave of streaming services.

Its not about media promotion, its the fact that a major player in the sector has been operating basically the same type of service for several years and is having its presence minimized or ignored, while these unproven competitor offerings are being lionized.
It looks dubious.

As to PSNow being a "failure" if that were the case why hasn't Sony discontinued it, rather than expanding it to offer more than just PS3 titles?

Its not like Sony have issues capturing mindshare in the gaming space generally, as evidenced by their domination of this console generation. Maybe this indicates a problem with the appeal of streaming generally? And if so, is this not an important discussion point when talking about the future of these other offerings?

This is the point you appear to be missing. The situation with PSNow should by all rights be a reason for caution or even skepticism about the viability of these services. That it doesn't suggests that the message is being handled to promote these upcoming services, rather than offer an impartial, clear-eyed assessment of their chances.

The fact remains that PSNow is the only one of these services in operation right now, and is built off the back of a business (Playstation) that has a vastly superior track-record (past and present) of selling games than either Xbox or Google and as such is sat upon a far greater war-chest of content to drive uptake should they wish to employ it.

It should be part of the conversation, that it isn't is fishy in the extreme.

Elenchus

Banned
Actually, your post is part of the problem - nobody gives a shit about any of this stuff yet there is countless threads on the same nothing i.e. astro-turfing worse than 2013. Streaming has never been alive to be dead, which is what most Sony users will even admit to. Nobody cares about any of this stuff and really nobody cares about any of the other stuff i.e. xCloud, Stadia, Game Pass, etc., yet we have countless articles and threads generated every day on the same subject.

Nobody is mad, people are just pointing out the obvious.

xCloud is simply a possible streaming service.
Stadia is simply a possible streaming service.
Game Pass is yet just another rental service with the countless other ones.

So... why is there multiple threads a day on the same thing which are really just rental programs? It would be like multiple threads on GameFly, its simple a rental service. You don't see Sony jumping up and down or PS users jumping up and down over PS Now because its just simple a rental service. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I would call all these threads basically spam at this point.

If you believe the posts are spam why are you participating in them instead of reporting them to a mod?

Seems like what you’re doing is thread whining. Isn’t that a violation of GAF’s rules sir?

🧐

Pallas

Gold Member
Buying studios is the patience game?

It's not.

People are getting impatient with Microsoft. While Sony and Nintendo are pushing out these big games, people are left wondering, "What's up with Microsoft?"

Yes, Halo Infinite, Gears of War 5 are big titles that have been announces, but that's still weak in comparison to their competition, especially considering the fact that Microsoft hasn't released many big games within the past several ears.

Microsoft had big studio announcements at E3, talked about 14 first party studio reveals etc. That's them buying time, and it has nothing to do with patience.

We can agree to disagree then on if their patient or not. Obviously no ones opinion is going to sway or change.

Elenchus

Banned
It "existing" is a big deal! If nothing else its the only real measure of relative interest in this sort of service offering, and as such is very relevant to the prognosis for success for this upcoming wave of streaming services.

Its not about media promotion, its the fact that a major player in the sector has been operating basically the same type of service for several years and is having its presence minimized or ignored, while these unproven competitor offerings are being lionized.
It looks dubious.

As to PSNow being a "failure" if that were the case why hasn't Sony discontinued it, rather than expanding it to offer more than just PS3 titles?

Its not like Sony have issues capturing mindshare in the gaming space generally, as evidenced by their domination of this console generation. Maybe this indicates a problem with the appeal of streaming generally? And if so, is this not an important discussion point when talking about the future of these other offerings?

This is the point you appear to be missing. The situation with PSNow should by all rights be a reason for caution or even skepticism about the viability of these services. That it doesn't suggests that the message is being handled to promote these upcoming services, rather than offer an impartial, clear-eyed assessment of their chances.

The fact remains that PSNow is the only one of these services in operation right now, and is built off the back of a business (Playstation) that has a vastly superior track-record (past and present) of selling games than either Xbox or Google and as such is sat upon a far greater war-chest of content to drive uptake should they wish to employ it.

It should be part of the conversation, that it isn't is fishy in the extreme.

So now it’s just “fishy”? No longer a global conspiracy between MS and the western media corporatists like Forbes, CNN, and MSNBC to destroy the purity of Japanese gaming?

What happened? Alex Jones no longer taking your calls?

demigod

I love it when Xbox fanboys prop up XCloud like it's the next coming of Jesus. Them marketing dollars sure are doing work.

Elenchus

Banned
I love it when Xbox fanboys prop up XCloud like it's the next coming of Jesus. Them marketing dollars sure are doing work.

I love when my posts fly over the heads of people too dense to understand them and all they can do is bang their clubs on the ground and yell “Xbottttttt!”.

Lol. Like taking candy from a baby around here.

Where in my post did I praise Xcloud as the end all be all of gaming?

You lack the intelligence to form a coherent rebuttal so you raise a ridiculous straw man?

Am I supposed to fall for that and start arguing the virtues of Xcloud so that you can shift the focus of the debate?

Was that your master plan? Lol. How’s that working out for you?

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius

Yeah, in upside down world PS Now is a failure and this article was a fair, balanced, and researched piece... :rolleyes:.

Let’s forget Sony bringing PS Now in more and more countries, adding features, signing deals even with MS for Azure and future growth of the service, and for making quite a good profit from it all. The article cannot be ad like trash, nope... no way... no how lol.

You are right, they need to send more press “kit’s” around and fly more journos over and give more exclusive high click materials ;).

Some parts of the media have blinder for mega corps and kind of wish Nintendo and Sony left it for the Apple and MS and Google, but it would be nice if they tried to act less like excited teens onto whatever new shiny thing is on the horizon as if they were selling ads for it or something.

demigod

I love when my posts fly over the heads of people too dense to understand them and all they can do is bang their clubs on the ground and yell “Xbottttttt!”.

Lol. Like taking candy from a baby around here.

Where in my post did I praise Xcloud as the end all be all of gaming?

You lack the intelligence to form a coherent rebuttal so you raise a ridiculous straw man?

Am I supposed to fall for that and start arguing the virtues of Xcloud so that you can shift the focus of the debate?

Was that your master plan? Lol. How’s that working out for you?

Your intelligence failed you, lol.

DanielsM

Banned
If you believe the posts are spam why are you participating in them instead of reporting them to a mod?

Seems like what you’re doing is thread whining. Isn’t that a violation of GAF’s rules sir?

🧐

I'm not participating at all, pointing out the obvious, sure. Its not my forum. Its seems like you are whining, all I did was point out the obvious. Most forums should self-regulate to a degree, meaning using common sense, maybe you don't know what that is or maybe the dozen people still buying xboxes don't know what that is as that seems to be a majority of the spamming going on. (Still fighting the war when everyone else went back home)

Last edited:

Elenchus

Banned

"PS+ and PS Now have been extremely successful this gen."

Xbox fanboys research firm located nowhere: "PS Now is a failure."

As compared to what exactly? And where is the breakout of PS Now’s revenue as opposed to all of PSN?

We should assume it to be impressive because Daniel says it is?

Are we back to the “PS Family” thing again?

Top Bottom