• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

Drama Rumor [Business Insider] Mitch McConnell reportedly never wants to speak to Trump again after the Capitol riot

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Dec 26, 2008
Spain
I don't get why people are surprised.

Everyone knew Trump had a dark streak but people DGAF as long as he kept going populist and nationalist.

Frankly, I think it's a shame the guy who didn't start a war anywhere got to ruin his term with the last two months, but such is the way of things.

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: dave_d and KingT731

Sign

Jun 4, 2012
To get all douchebag philosophical, humans will always have that part of them that are hateful, fearful of the different, fearful for change, want to exert power, want to blame others for their failings (this is 100 percent applicable to every human on the planet and every group of people on the planet to some degree), humans at their best strive to move past these more primitive thoughts through logic, reason, a belief in the greater good.

The best leaders assuage these fears and call upon all us to be better. This all ebbs and flows. There has been a rise in leaders who instead of leading us to be better, they gain and hold power by indulging in those more primitive and fearful feelings. (Again, this is across the board).
Appealing to the better angles of our nature kind of thing. Instead of indulging the devils

I mean be specific about appealing to people’s “darker parts of fear.”

Nothing Trump was about fear. Immigration was about sovereignty, America First was about taking care of Americans after them being ignored for decades.

Trump’s message was about helping the working class, not being ‘hateful.’

Reactions: Brazen

Raven117

Oct 5, 2015
I mean be specific about appealing to people’s “darker parts of fear.”

Nothing Trump was about fear. Immigration was about sovereignty, America First was about taking care of Americans after them being ignored for decades.

Trump’s message was about helping the working class, not being ‘hateful.’
It’s more “it’s the others people fault, they stole, they take, only listen to me”

that stuff. And in tone

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Sign

Wunray

Jan 7, 2018
Don't think mitch is running again so I think he doesn't give a funky tbh.

Woo-Fu

incest on the subway
Jan 2, 2007
Frankly, I think it's a shame the guy who didn't start a war anywhere got to ruin his term with the last two months, but such is the way of things.

He'd be President-elect if it weren't for the pandemic. People will put up with a lot of shit if the economy is booming.

Reactions: Bitmap Frogs

CGiRanger

Jun 23, 2017
He'd be President-elect if it weren't for the pandemic. People will put up with a lot of shit if the economy is booming.
I have zero doubt without the Pandemic he'd be preparing his inauguration. The economy as you said was soaring and he'd just beaten impeachment, and against Biden without any mail-in voting changes I doubt you'd have had the turnout.

Heck, I feel that without the Pandemic even the whole "Summer of Love" riots would have been put down quickly. I feel a lot of it was allowed to go on because cities were already shut down, and thus businesses and tourism were already dead, and I have big doubts that the riots would have grown as they did in that scenario (it likely would have been more a repeat of Ferguson/Baltimore in 2016)