Businesses are now required to pledge loyalty to Israel in order to bid on contracts with the state of Maryland.

Apr 3, 2018
That's it right there. The same people squealing about Israel are willing to let Iran have nuclear technology. Amazing.
I am awaiting the Turkish BDS, the Kuwaiti BDS, the Lebanese BDS, the Moroccon BDS, and the Saudi BDS.
BDS is a Palestinian led movement, why would they also be asking for sanctions and boycotts on other countries when they haven't solved their own crisis yet?

Would you have said the same to the South African Boycott movement? It was a Black South AFrican led movement that concentrated only on the South African struggle, not other places with similar human rights issues. Were they also hypocrites?

Feb 21, 2018
BDS is a Palestinian led movement, why would they also be asking for sanctions and boycotts on other countries when they haven't solved their own crisis yet?

Would you have said the same to the South African Boycott movement? It was a Black South AFrican led movement that concentrated only on the South African struggle, not other places with similar human rights issues. Were they also hypocrites?
Not from Palestinans, but from the same westerners who support BDS they should look into those other places.

Either way looking at BDS and SodaStream it really showed how hypocritical BDS is.

Some interesting things about the CEO of SodaStream

He’s in favor of a two-state solution that would involve Israel ceding most of the territories to the Palestinians. And that’s unlikely, he argues, without first addressing the abysmal Palestinian employment situation, which breeds resentment and violence.
Birnbaum argues that Israel should let more Palestinians into the country so that more of them can work for companies like SodaStream, where they can toil beside—or even over—their Jewish peers, enjoying the same salaries and benefits. When Jews and Arabs mingle on the factory floor, he says, they discover their commonality and stop demonizing each other. In other words: The work of peace begins at work itself.
In 2013, Shimon Peres, Israel’s then-president, invited him to Jerusalem to receive the country’s Outstanding Exporter Award. Birnbaum brought three of his Arab workers, including Bsharat—but as they entered the presidential residence, the SodaStream employees were taken aside and strip searched by Israeli security. Birnbaum was apoplectic and demanded to be stripped to his briefs, too. (The guards declined.) At the ceremony, with TV cameras rolling, Birnbaum turned and confronted Peres in Hebrew. “This thing,” he said, “clarified for me, Mr. President, the importance of asking a greater question than the question of export. And this is: How do we treat each other as human beings?” For Birnbaum, it was a high-profile opportunity to remind the world of his zeal for peace and his dismay about how Israel treats Palestinians
[QUOTE]He’s sparred with the Netanyahu administration, which one assumes would be on the side of Israeli companies, but Birnbaum accuses it of needlessly throwing 74 of his Palestinian employees out of work last year to score points with its right-wing base. [/QUOTE]

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2017-12-20/how-sodastream-makes-and-markets-peace

This is the guy that BDS targets. Because he built one factory that employed 100's of Palestinians. Luigi you keep talking about peace and justice and equality and how you want Israeli's who will be about peace and not right wingers. Well you have one right here who supports peace and stands up for Palestinians rights. And he put his money where his mouth is by giving high paying jobs to Palestinians. He has done more for Palestinians then probably all Westerners who support BDS combined.

Instead you boycott this man of peace and don't care that by supporting BDS you have activly cost 500 Palestinians their jobs, their livelyhoods, maybe even their homes or lives. This is someone who you should be building bridges with, reaching out to. Instead you would prefer to attack and villanize him and his company.

So how can you not by a hypocrite by supporting the BDS of SodaStream and its CEO, while acting like you support peace and equality? When a man who thinks the same as you, wants Palestinians to have equal rights, have good jobs, live in peace, and promotes peace and coexsistance between Jews and Arabs yet you support Boycotting him. Essentially you have sent the message to Daniel that supporting Palestinians is harmful for him and his business. Thankfully Daniel isn't deterred by BDS and still wants to give Palestinians jobs and still wants peace.

Apr 3, 2018
Not from Palestinans, but from the same westerners who support BDS they should look into those other places.

Either way looking at BDS and SodaStream it really showed how hypocritical BDS is.

Some interesting things about the CEO of SodaStream

He’s sparred with the Netanyahu administration, which one assumes would be on the side of Israeli companies, but Birnbaum accuses it of needlessly throwing 74 of his Palestinian employees out of work last year to score points with its right-wing base.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2017-12-20/how-sodastream-makes-and-markets-peace

This is the guy that BDS targets. Because he built one factory that employed 100's of Palestinians. Luigi you keep talking about peace and justice and equality and how you want Israeli's who will be about peace and not right wingers. Well you have one right here who supports peace and stands up for Palestinians rights. And he put his money where his mouth is by giving high paying jobs to Palestinians. He has done more for Palestinians then probably all Westerners who support BDS combined.

Instead you boycott this man of peace and don't care that by supporting BDS you have activly cost 500 Palestinians their jobs, their livelyhoods, maybe even their homes or lives. This is someone who you should be building bridges with, reaching out to. Instead you would prefer to attack and villanize him and his company.

So how can you not by a hypocrite by supporting the BDS of SodaStream and its CEO, while acting like you support peace and equality? When a man who thinks the same as you, wants Palestinians to have equal rights, have good jobs, live in peace, and promotes peace and coexsistance between Jews and Arabs yet you support Boycotting him. Essentially you have sent the message to Daniel that supporting Palestinians is harmful for him and his business. Thankfully Daniel isn't deterred by BDS and still wants to give Palestinians jobs and still wants peace.
As much as it may shock you Crypto, I have no issues with buying products from Israel. I recently got some Israeli avacados and sharon fruit. I'm not actually a member of the BDS, I just support their fundamental aim, which is to stop illegal settlements in the West Bank/Judea.

I don't support the view of making Israel a "secular state", as I have no issue with their being a Jewish state, and I actually don't support the right of return, only because I think that will makes things worse instead of better. But the aim of stopping illegal settlements in the West Bank is a noble cause, and they are doing it, so far anyway, in a non-violent method.

To the issue of SodaStream, yeah it seems like it was unfortunate that they came under the cross hairs, but then you would have had issues about integrity. So the BDS chooses who they boycott and who they don't. So it was a shame that Sodastream got targeted, as he seemed to have good intentions from reading what you posted, but I kind of understand why they had to do it, as they were in between a rock and hard place.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2018
As much as it may shock you Crypto, I have no issues with buying products from Israel. I recently got some Israeli avacados and sharon fruit. I'm not actually a member of the BDS, I just support their fundamental aim, which is to stop illegal settlements in the West Bank/Judea.
If this was there only aim I wouldn't agree with it but would not have a problem with the movement, but they go much further than just stopping settlements.

I don't support the view of making Israel a "secular state", as I have no issue with their being a Jewish state, and I actually don't support the right of return, only because I think that will makes things worse instead of better. But the aim of stopping illegal settlements in the West Bank is a noble cause, and they are doing it, so far anyway, in a non-violent method.

To the issue of SodaStream, yeah it seems like it was unfortunate that they came under the cross hairs, but then you would have had issues about integrity. So the BDS chooses who they boycott and who they don't. So it was a shame that Sodastream got targeted, as he seemed to have good intentions from reading what you posted, but I kind of understand why they had to do it, as they were in between a rock and hard place.
Well then its says that BDS is fundementally flawed, when it targets a person who is pro-palestinian, pro-palestinian equal rights, and provides well paying jobs for those palestinians. Its the same when they boycott universities. Unfortunatly BDS has thrown the baby out with the bathwater and is too ideological to make any distinctions.

It should make you question if they got it wrong on this guy what else are they wrong on?

Jun 26, 2018
Milwaukee, WI
Because if you're objective and honest about human rights crises, then you have to be able to call out countries who commit these atrocities. And when it comes to countries like Iran, Egypt or Turkey, liberals typically look the other way. Israel has a legal right to exist. Anti-Semitism isn't going to change that.

Razvedka

Neo Member
Oct 20, 2018
The first bill of the new Senate term will allow state and local government to have non-BDS requirements in their contracts:

https://theintercept.com/2019/01/05...ense-of-the-israeli-government-from-boycotts/

It's expected to pass with bipartisan support.
I am mesmerized by such an appallingly stupid, disgusting, action. This sort of behavior flirts with treason in my book.

Unbelievable. We bend over backwards for Israel and Saudi Arabia and it makes my skin crawl.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
The first bill of the new Senate term will allow state and local government to have non-BDS requirements in their contracts:

https://theintercept.com/2019/01/05...ense-of-the-israeli-government-from-boycotts/

It's expected to pass with bipartisan support.
Democrats block Middle East bill in the Senate over shutdown

(CNN) Senate Democrats blocked action on a bill unrelated to the ongoing government shutdown Tuesday, in protest of President Donald Trump's demands to fund a controversial border wall with Mexico in exchange for reopening the agencies.
The vote -- the first roll call of the new session -- came on a package of bipartisan bills related to US support for Israel and Jordan and new sanctions against the Syrian regime. Needing 60 votes to break a filibuster, the motion was defeated 56-44

Three Democrats from red states voted with Republicans: Joe Manchin of West Virginia, Doug Jones of Alabama, and Krysten Sinema of Arizona. Democratic Sen. Bob Menendez of New Jersey also broke with his party to vote with Republicans.
Sen. Patty Murray of Washington, the third-ranking Democrat in leadership, said she expects her party's protest to extend to other legislation, as Democrats try to pressure Trump to end the shutdown, now in its 18th day.