• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy 1, Get the 2nd 40% Off on Nintendo-Published Software @ Best Buy 12/13-12/19

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Searched for this and didn't see anything, (except for last year's thread) so feel free to lock & mock if old.

Next week Best Buy will be having a "Buy 1, Get the 2nd 40% Off" sale on all Nintendo-Published Wii U & 3DS software.

This isn't quite as good of a deal as this week's "Buy 2, Get 1 Free" on Xbox One and Playstation 4 software, but it's still better than nothing, especially since GCU will stack as usual.

Assuming I'm not bad at math, two $60 Wii U titles should run you $76.78 before tax, which is $38.39 per title. This is actually a better deal than a usual "Buy 2, Get 1 Free" sale from any other retailer, though not as good of a deal as B2G1F would be with GCU included.

In addition, B̶a̶d̶g̶e̶ ̶A̶r̶c̶a̶d̶e̶ eShop cards will be 10% off as well.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
For easy pairing, here's the current price points for Nintendo-published Wii U and 3DS software on Best Buy's website:

$59.99

Wii U
Super Mario Maker
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Super Smash Bros.
Super Mario 3D World
Mario Party 10 w/ Mario Amiibo Bundle
Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival
Hyrule Warriors
Yoshi's Woolly World w/ Green Yarn Yoshi Bundle
Mario Kart 8
Devil's Third
New Super Mario Bros. U + New Super Luigi U
Bayonetta 2
Splatoon

$49.99

Wii U
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
Mario Party 10
Yoshi's Woolly World

3DS
Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer + NFC Reader Bundle

$39.99

Wii U
Captain Toad Treasure Tracker
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse

3DS
Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.
Pokemon Y
Pokemon X
Fantasy Life
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Super Smash Bros.
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Xenoblade Chronicles
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Pokemon Omega Ruby
Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
Chibi-Robo Zip Lash + Chibi-Robo amiibo Figure
Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon
Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer
Yo-Kai Watch
Yoshi's New Island
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
LBX: Little Battles Experience
The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes

$34.99

3DS
Kirby Triple Deluxe
Tomodachi Life

$29.99

Wii U
NES Remix Pack

3DS
Fossil Fighters Frontier
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Chibi-Robo Zip Lash
Ultimate NES Remix
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Super Mario 3D Land
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
Mario Kart 7

AniHawk

been waiting for this. i can finally get yoshi, kirby, zelda, and... well i'm sure that last one will come to me.

Xenoblade and Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon how does that sound? Was gonna get Happy Home Designer but I have read some iffy reviews about that game

Good for Wii U games, not that great for 3DS games since they have a Buy 1, Get 1 50% off on Nintendo published 3DS titles sale pretty frequently.

Was tempted to go for the B2G1 Xbox games simply because Nintendo weren't on sale and I figured this was the last deal of the year for best buy.

But now that I see this, I'll hold off. My wife and I play far more Nintendo games.

Pretty good deal with Gamers Club Unlocked. Was gonna get Devils Third but it's already OOS. Still waiting on Amazon to ship it so was hoping to get it cheaper.

Will still pick up Mario Tennis and something else. Maybe Yokai Watch or something else.

Awesome, seals the deal on me getting Xenoblade. Think I'll get Mario Maker or Dinkey Kong as my second. I'm really curious to check out MM but months later it seems like troll levels I have no interest in playing are the norm.

Smash could be tempting too depending on what gets announced on the 15th.

Having just gotten my Smash Spat Wii U bundle during Black Friday, I can now buy my needed games as well as hopefully some 3DS games I missed out on.

Already got my XCX LE so need more games!

neoemonk

I just bought Triforce Heroes from Best Buy today, not knowing this started tomorrow. Already got it home and played it too. Sonofa...

fernoca

I just bought Triforce Heroes from Best Buy today, not knowing this started tomorrow. Already got it home and played it too. Sonofa...
Buy Triforce Heroes and another game, return the sealed Triforce Heroes with the receipt of the one you opened. :p

StereoVsn

Well, damn, and I just pretty much bought all the software I want to go with the new Wii U. Oh well, only got Xenoblade new.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Instead of lowering the price; they just stop selling it at all!

Well yeah, have you see the Wii U section of your average retail store recently? There's not exactly a whole lot of place for inventory, and why not replace a poor selling Pikmin 3 with something that will sell better instead?

Was gonna get that game but heard that its not a 1 person kind of game that you have to play with multiple people is that true? So instead Im gonna get Xenoblade and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon..Devils Third looks good but have read mixed reviews on it. Either way am gonna wait til Tuesday to see what next weeks ad has in store, would prefer buy 1 get 1 free on ALL games that way I can mix and match

jvalioli

Assuming I'm not bad at math, two $60 Wii U titles should run you $76.78 before tax, which is $38.39 per title. This is actually a better deal than a usual "Buy 2, Get 1 Free" sale from any other retailer, though not as good of a deal as B2G1F would be with GCU included.

In addition, B̶a̶d̶g̶e̶ ̶A̶r̶c̶a̶d̶e̶ eShop cards will be 10% off as well.
$96 for two $60 games.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Is this online too?

Any chance of a hardware sale? I've been looking for a decent price on a WiiU Pro Controller forever now.

Jhoan

Bought Ocarina of Time 3D and Fantasy Life for a friend during their previous sale which was B1G1 50% so as someone without GCU, this sale is a little bit weaker unless I were to ask my brother to his GCU discount. I think the eShop card looks very attractive stacked with the GCU deal. I feel like I have most of the major 3DS games at this point save for the Pokemon games, Smash Bros, Xenoblade (no New 3DS to play it on sadly), LBX, and Triforce Heroes.

I would definitely recommend that more people check out Chibi Robo: Zip Lash (keep the lights on for that series' future), Fantasy Life for Yoshitaka Amano's art in the logo, Uematsu's great OST (as well as online co-op MP), and good bang for your buck that you will spend over 100 hours easily. Hell, even give Codename S.T.E.AM a chance since they're very underrated gems that deserve more love. Yo-Kai Watch is also pretty damn solid that I've poured in a good 50+ hours into it.

Top Bottom