• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy 2 get 1 free on all Wii U games at Target (Sept 22 - 28)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
FYI

a7Vouao.jpg

Rhapsody

Banned
Going to pick up Pikmin 3 and W101 with this deal. Do you think Target will let me do an exchange with the 3rd game with WW HD when the retail copy is out?

Dunno how returns/exchanges work on B2G1 Free deals after the week is over.

Cool, just gotta find two Wii U games worth getting.

It doesn't matter. You can return any unwanted game and you'll be refunded the discounted amount. So essentially, it's 33% off any game with no real minimum to buy.

Going to pick up Pikmin 3 and W101 with this deal. Do you think Target will let me do an exchange with the 3rd game with WW HD when the retail copy is out?

Dunno how returns/exchanges work on B2G1 Free deals after the week is over.

No they won't.

For me, Lego City, Pikmin 3 and something else. Maybe Rayman or 101. Hard to decide. I'll get Luigi U separately since it's $30. That's a lot of games that I will probably not even play once Winder Waker HD comes out. So maybe I'll actually pass on this...

MoogPaul

Going to pick up W101 and Rayman. Unsure about the third. I already have pikmin... Maybe nsmbu Luigi, but it's only 29.99

Rhapsody

Banned
It doesn't matter. You can return any unwanted game and you'll be refunded the discounted amount. So essentially, it's 33% off any game with no real minimum to buy.

No they won't.

Thanks. Maybe I'll do what you said earlier and just refund 1 game to pretty much make it 33 percent off if that's the case.
I haven't bought NSMB U yet, but I don't feel like getting it quite yet when I already have a retail of New Super Luigi U.

Kemal86

Damn, wish I had the spare cash to grab some games (paying off my PS4 pre-order...ugh).

Would get Rayman/Pikmin/ and...Monster Hunter? Sigh.

Exile20

How true is this? Can anyone else vouch for this? Return the third game for the value of $40. Is this cash or target gift card?

dammit i already bought rayman and disney infinity this last week(not full price though so i still came out ahead)

still, That leaves 1 wii u game that i want (wonderful 101) and nothing else to use with this deal

:/

EDIT: Scribblenauts might be a choice but I got the last one for 7 bucks from amazon like 2 months after it released and i'd feel like I wasted it if I got the wii u version

dengatron

My wii u zelda ww hd bundle gets here friday and i'll have no games, so i'll just wait until sunday and get W101 and Rayman with mario bros free probably. Anyone suggest otherwise?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Will Best Buy price match this?

Best Buy will price match prices. Buy Two, Get One? No. That's a deal not a price.

Exile20 said:
Return the third game for the value of $40. Is this cash or target gift card?

Gift Card, always in-store credit unless you specify cash and they allow it.

And I honestly can't see that being true. Yeah, you can return "discounted" games. But only if they're equal/lesser value to the thing you're exchanging it for.

Misworded. If you want to return the "discounted" item, you can't do that. You can't exchange free for free. If you want to return a title for Zelda, you'd have to pay $60 for that title and make one of the ones you want to keep the "free" title. Then you can return the one title for Zelda.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Buy The Wonderful 101 and Pikmin 3 for excellent fun happy times. Supplement these two with either Rayman Legends or ZombiU.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
So you're telling me for under $460 (I included sales tax), I can get a Wii U with Windwaker HD, Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3, and Rayman Legends? A system that will, later this year, get Donkey Kong Country Returns Tropical Freeze and Super Mario 3D World? A system with Bayonetta 2 on the horizon? A system where I can play Wii games I missed out on, like the Resident Evil Archives and the Metroid Prime Trilogy?

I'll think about it. Probably gonna pass.

Busaiku

Will get new Super Mario Bros U, Pikmin 3, and The Wonderful 101.
Gotta get a Wii U, will probably get it on Friday.

Dukey

Banned
Those are bad prices for Pikmin and Mario. The every day price at Amazon is 44 for Mario and 49 for Pikmin. Might want to see if Target will price match them for this deal, or if Amazon will match Target's deal.

Phenomic

Super happy that since I bought in early for the console. I can't get this deal with Zelda....

Thanks Nintendo, keep on rocking that awesome early adopter customer satisfaction.

Sure you could argue this is on Target I guess, but they could also released the physical version of the game this week too.

SCReuter

Amazon has New Super Mario Bros. U for $44.31 and Pikmin 3 for $49.99. Will Target price match in addition to the B2G1 free deal?

Edit: Beaten.

How true is this? Can anyone else vouch for this? Return the third game for the value of $40. Is this cash or target gift card?

It's 100% true. I've done it plenty of times. You'll see on your receipt that each game has a return value and each is the prorated discount. So make sure you maximize the discount by buying games that are all the same price. You'll get a refund in the form of the method you paid.

Top Bottom