• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2016 | Read the Rules in the OP | I'd Buy That for a Dollar!

Status
Not open for further replies.

liezryou

You really want to turn this into a pissing match?

I responded to you in the exact same manner as you responded to my opinion. Its not my fault *you* are taking things way too personal.

Id like to stay on topic, which apparently you can't do.

Definitely think something needs to be done about scammers.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Fuck that. Stop trying to tell sellers how to handle their business.
Chill out, champ. You're being needlessly hostile and your other posts demonstrate it. Everyone else is responding to you reasonably but you just keep lashing out. Relax.

I think people should be allowed to present their offerings as they see fit. If it is true that potential business is lost due to lack of explicit price, it is obviously a loss the seller was willing to accept.

Considering the purpose of this thread, negotiations will result in the biggest benefit to everyone involved. But if it helps, I can list all my offerings for $1000 obo.
You should do that so everyone knows not to waste time sending you a message.

Sellers and buyers who don't list prices are lazy or holding mini auctions through PMs. The buyer or seller shouldn't have to research a price offer. If you're posting in the thread to buy or sell, come prepared.

Super longshot, but can't hurt to try.

WTB
Sony OEM Playstation 2 Controller. I don't care what color. What I do care about is if it works and none of the buttons stick or the analog sticks drift or if the D-pad is trashed. (As you can tell, I had two unsuccessful Ebay transactions.)

I am hoping to not pay outrageous prices for it, so give me your best offer.

Thank you!
Have you checked out Lukie games?
Edit: Damn, seems they are sold out of all colors

Jesus Carbomb

From Water into Guinness
Rules are fine as is.

Personally, I'm in for more public shaming of scammers.

Yeah, scammers get off easy.

I don't know if mandatory prices should be a rule, but I personally ignore any posts without a price.

Things are fine. Only thing I would suggest is a wall of shame of recent negative feedback/scammers, but it's not a big deal.

Thanks for the work all the volunteers do to keep this place afloat

Unless it's against the TOS, I'm all for providing some kind of personal info from repeat offenders. Especially for the ones that keep returning with alt accounts.

Maybe a first name and last initial? Or perhaps the email handle that was used for payment (not their entire email)?

Thoughts?

Edit: I should note that this isn't really for "public shaming" per se, but rather something that buyers can look out for when purchasing from a potential scammer.

ViolentP

You should do that so everyone knows not to waste time sending you a message.

Sellers and buyers who don't list prices are lazy or holding mini auctions through PMs. The buyer or seller shouldn't have to research a price offer. If you're posting in the thread to buy or sell, come prepared.

If you ask me, buyers that require a definite price should probably go to a store. Some would prefer to negotiate and in many cases, barter. If I wanted $300 for my item, I will go to eBay. I come here first to open the door to mutually beneficial deals that don't always include money.

Boogiepop

At least IMO these should definitely be in "priced to move" range, so please shoot me a PM if you're interested.
WTS:
US Shonen Jump lot- November 2004 through April 2012 (final issue, 88 issues total, around 350-400 pages each, plus the bonus "Naruto Collector" issue they sent out at some point)- $100 shipped
(Shipping is going to be a pain on this one, and pricey, so that's factored into that cost. I'm looking to get ~$50 in hand, and that's what I estimate it'd add up to if sent via Media Mail. That said, if you have a better idea on how to get it sent off cheaper, I'm all ears).

Wandering Son Vol. #1-8, US. $90 shipped
The prices on some of the volumes have really creeped up (IE the Amazon listings for 2 of these are over $100 currently), but I think this should be about right for a "fair" price for the lot. (Ideally I'm looking to effectively sell these off to fund a set of Japanese volumes).

If you're interested in either of these, definitely shoot me a PM, and we can talk details.

Hollycat

WTS: Lot of movies and series $130 shipped

IMG_20170322_115023.jpg

I'm selling the above movies and shows because I spent to much on a hammock :p Everything is in great condition. Please message me if you are interested :)
I'm asking $130 shipped for everything listed.
I would prefer not to sell it in individual pieces

Included:
Game of Thrones Season 1 (BR+DVD)
Game of Thrones Season 2 (BR+DVD)
Game of Thrones Season 3
(BR+DVD)
Desert Punk complete Series (DVD)
Aladdin 2+3 (BR)
Fox and the Hound 1+2 (BR+ DVD)
Pocahontas 1+2 (BR +DVD)
Princess and the Frog (BR+DVD)
The Matrix Trilogy (BR)
Men in Black (BR+DVD)
Men in Black 2 (BR+DVD)
The Godfather (DVD)
The Dark Knight (BR)
Inception (BR)
Rise of the Planet of the Apes (BR)
Assassins Creed Lineage (BR)
My Little Pony Equestria Girls (BR+DVD)
Close encounters of the Third Kind Boxed Collectors Bluray (BR)
Sucker Punch (DVD)
Road Warrior (DVD)

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
If you ask me, buyers that require a definite price should probably go to a store. Some would prefer to negotiate and in many cases, barter. If I wanted $300 for my item, I will go to eBay. I come here first to open the door to mutually beneficial deals that don't always include money.
I don't see how posting a price prevents a mutually beneficial deal. There's nothing precluding OBO right after your price. At least then people will have an idea of what you think an item is worth.

Also, many don't go to GAF instead of eBay because they want cash. They post here because they don't want to deal with eBay fees.

NeOak

Clamp down on random conversation in the thread-- sometimes pages go by because people are talking about other things besides buying or selling. Scammer conversation should be exempt from this rule though.
I don't agree with this. Kills whatever community building there is in this thread.

Code:
[IMG]http://media.psu.com/media/articles/image/finalfantasyarealmreborn.jpg[/IMG]

Final Fantasy XIV Collectors Edition Code - PS3 FREE UPGRADE TO PS4 version - £5
Sealed disc for £10.

Final Fantasy XIV standard PC code - £5

HITMAN - Full game download - PS4 - EU - £20

I think rules are fine as is. I would hate to impose a rule that states sellers have to include a price BUT I will add myself in the group that ignores items with no price. Someone has very recently relisted at item at least twice that I am very interested in, but it has no price so I sigh and move on. To each their own though.

Syriel

Mandatory prices.

If prices are mandatory, then they need to be listed for both WTB and WTS.

Trade posts shouldn't require prices though as otherwise you get folks who just want to buy and that defeats the point of a WTT.

ViolentP

I don't see how posting a price prevents a mutually beneficial deal. There's nothing precluding OBO right after your price. At least then people will have an idea of what you think an item is worth.

I understand that a buyer would be interested in a seller's interpretation of value in a product, but just the same, a seller is interested in a buyer's interpretation of value in the same product. Way I see it, both parties start a negotiation on equal footing. Now, if a seller was desperate to move an item, I see the logic in coming up front with a solid price.

Also, many don't go to GAF instead of eBay because they want cash. They post here because they don't want to deal with eBay fees.

I cannot agree or disagree with this seeing as I have no real evidence of either case being the majority. I can speak for myself however in saying eBay is a way to make money. Gaf offers greater opportunity as a seller due to the option of bartering and negotiating.

ViolentP

+1 for mandatory prices. I don't even consider an item without a price range.

As a seller I have to ask, why does it matter? If you won't consider my items, aren't I the one losing out? Is it because you want more buying options to consider? Because you can still do that without a solid price.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
I also dont think we should have mandatory prices, but just last page, i saw those gamecube-games without prices - and passed by as a result. Which i will mostly do when there are no prices.

bigace33

As a seller I have to ask, why does it matter? If you won't consider my items, aren't I the one losing out? Is it because you want more buying options to consider? Because you can still do that without a solid price.
What is so hard about putting a price on the item you want to sell? I can understand there are legitimately items that a seller may not know the value of, but it seems like an unnecessary hassle to the potential buyer.

ViolentP

What is so hard about putting a price on the item you want to sell? I can understand there are legitimately items that a seller may not know the value of, but it seems like an unnecessary hassle to the potential buyer.

What's so hard about making an offer? The buyer/seller relationship is a two way street.

I always pass on items with no price. The two messages a seller sends to me is "If you have to ask you can't afford it" or "I want way more than it's worth, but I don't want to get called out in the thread for my crazy price" when they don't list a price.

However I don't think it should be mandatory to list prices. Sellers who don't just miss out. Seems there is a good number of buyers who pass up items due to no prices. If I am a seller I want to do everything I can to attract a customer. But that's just me. Heck I even list what I want to pay if I post a WTB.

Bboy AJ

There is certainly logic to this method, especially to a motivated seller. Casting a wide net however doesn't always reap the biggest fish. Both options feasible for very different reasons.
What's the reason to not a list a price? And does listing a price prevent that reason?

I always pass on items with no price. The two messages a seller sends to me is "If you have to ask you can't afford it" or "I want way more than it's worth, but I don't want to get called out in the thread for my crazy price" when they don't list a price.
Haha yeah exactly. Also, definitely prices for WTS and WTB.

Ventara

I actually haven't listed prices for WTB posts since I thought sellers might be more keen if they can offer their prices instead, but this might've been a mistake as just today, I was able to buy Inside for $4 that I've wanted with a listing that posted the price I wanted (made today), whereas all my other wanted listings without the price didn't get anything. Coincidence? Maybe, but from now on I think I'll always post the price.

HaL64

WTB:

Any retro video games and systems in general!

I want to buy large lots, or small lots, your entire collection, your friend's collection, or whatever! Boxes, manuals, guides, loose cartridges, systems, handhelds, etc. And yes I consider Dreamcast/PS1/PS2/Gamecube as retro.

Send me a private message and let's make a deal
!

I am also willing to meet in person for very large collections if shipping is too much. I live in the midwest (Illinois) and in general I'm willing to drive pretty far.

Retro magazines and guides. EGM, Nintendo Power, etc.

Retro store signage. Stuff like this:

Have:
Paypal or Cash in person.

taco543

What's the reason to not a list a price? And does listing a price prevent that reason?

Simple, if the buyer is unaware of the average cost of the product, the buyer has a chance of overbidding creating a win for the seller, win because they can get what they want or more. I'm not one that agrees with this, but as a seller it's their right to do so, I've messaged on items I was well aware of and gotten good deals, and also gotten some trying to get more out of me. It's upto the buyer to do research not the seller to provide it. That being said a lot of people are willing to shoot numbers and just be honest if you ask.

zulux21

I actually haven't listed prices for WTB posts since I thought sellers might be more keen if they can offer their prices instead, but this might've been a mistake as just today, I was able to buy Inside for $4 that I've wanted with a listing that posted the price I wanted (made today), whereas all my other wanted listings without the price didn't get anything. Coincidence? Maybe, but from now on I think I'll always post the price.

I know despite having a ton of extra steam keys from bundles I buy I don't have the motivation to contact people that don't have prices. Partially because there are decent odds they will want it for cheaper than I want to sell it for, but more importantly because it locks me out of selling it to someone else for a while.

If I contact a potential buyer I have a personal rule that I will give them at least 8 hours to respond before I treat it as disinterest (some exceptions might be made but in general I note that in my PM that I am trying to move something ASAP and thus it will go to the first person to respond) and move onto someone else. If I am contacting people for WTB posts it could make me miss a sale to someone else and lead to us not being remotely on the same page.

I do a lot of background sales to WTB posts, and not even necessarily for myself. I am friends with a few sellers in here and often point the WTB posts out to them if I know they have the item as well.

Again though, that all being said, I still see no need to increase the number of rules and require someone to list a price. If people only buy from people with prices logically anyone who posts with no price will either have to list prices or never make a sale *shrugs*

the more rules we add the more likely people won't read through them all, and quite frankly given how many people ignore posts with out prices, adding a rule to force people to do something they likely want to do anyways if they want to make sales seems pointless. I mean it's really not hard to ignore the few people that don't post prices.

Ghazi

WTS - All products are like new, all prices include shipping

XIM4 - $80

Brook Superconverter 360/One to PS4 - $30

Steam Controller - $30

ElGato HD60 Pro - $130

We don't have instant messaging here, so haggling over a price through PMs can take days, most of us have jobs where gaf is inaccessible so we can't be checking our message all day.

I'm a little late this time, but it's almost time for a new thread!

As such, we have a couple of things to address:

1) Any suggestions for a new thread title? Don't worry NeOak, "Read the Rules in the OP" will still be there.

2) Any proposed changes/additions to our existing rules? I honestly think we are in a good spot now, but I'm always open to hearing suggestions.
Bigger punishment for scammers - there are a few people here that get off way too easily.

Plus Buyer and Plus seller

I am willing to help people get the Heroes of the Storm Nexus Challenge skins to unlock in Overwatch:

Dont have a good PC that can run the game? I will play and unlock them for you.

Dont like MOBAs? I love (and hate at times....) em!

You missed out on the Oni Genji Skin? Now is your chance to get him again!

(These images only show what is earned for Overwatch)
Week 1:
Oni Genji with spray and Icon
oni-genji-1.jpg

Week 2
Officer D.Va
TO9LWEOPUFOM1493139968469.jpg

Week 3
Officer D.Va spray and Icon
q3-overwatch.jpg

Week 4
10 Loot boxes (not sure if people would want me to play just for this)
q4-overwatch.jpg

I think 2$ for each week/unlock is a good deal.
I got a lot of free time on my hands lately so let me know if you are interested. PM with any questions you have.

NOTE: I am not sure if I read this correctly but I think these skins will eventually be available on normal loot boxes in the far future, how far? who knows with Blizzard. If this is true, I would just be unlocking them super early for you

EDIT: I just found out something surprising.... apparently to unlock any of the stuff, you need to have done all the quest before that one. Meaning, that if you were planning just get the D.Va skin, you must also have completed the Oni Genji quest. I did not know this, thought it best to edit the info here.

Source: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20754466877

jtan

I'm a little late this time, but it's almost time for a new thread!

As such, we have a couple of things to address:

1) Any suggestions for a new thread title? Don't worry NeOak, "Read the Rules in the OP" will still be there.

2) Any proposed changes/additions to our existing rules? I honestly think we are in a good spot now, but I'm always open to hearing suggestions.

Mandatory pricing for WTS and WTB.

It sucks seeing something you like with no price since (and obviously this is just my experience) contacting the person and getting shot down because "I wanted more than that" is a waste of time. Some times the people don't get back to you for a day or two. I guess I'd just rather have the price so the sale can be quick and I don't have to sit here waiting to see my offer shut down.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
WTS, continental US only:
*Zotac GTX970. Used for about a year. Comes with HDMI and original packaging. Works as intended with no issues, just upgraded. $150 USD.
*Super Mario Maker Wii U. Disc in good condition, in original case. No manual- $30.
*Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth Plus for Nintendo Switch. Great condition. Includes all manuals AND stickers!- $30

Look, none of these prices are set in stone, but I'd like to note that this is all-inclusive. These are the final prices you'll pay, and I've tried to find other people selling these items so I know what reasonable prices are, however, as I said I'm willing to discuss.

How can I get you into a used video game and/or GPU today?

IrishNinja

strong +1 on mandatory pricing - at least a ballpark, it's so much better on other forums that force this. also anything ya'll wanna do to shame scammers sounds good, i know mods don't want to get involved but man it'd be great to see the bigger offenders banned.

AwRy108

I know despite having a ton of extra steam keys from bundles I buy I don't have the motivation to contact people that don't have prices. Partially because there are decent odds they will want it for cheaper than I want to sell it for, but more importantly because it locks me out of selling it to someone else for a while.

If I contact a potential buyer I have a personal rule that I will give them at least 8 hours to respond before I treat it as disinterest (some exceptions might be made but in general I note that in my PM that I am trying to move something ASAP and thus it will go to the first person to respond) and move onto someone else. If I am contacting people for WTB posts it could make me miss a sale to someone else and lead to us not being remotely on the same page.

I do a lot of background sales to WTB posts, and not even necessarily for myself. I am friends with a few sellers in here and often point the WTB posts out to them if I know they have the item as well.

Again though, that all being said, I still see no need to increase the number of rules and require someone to list a price. If people only buy from people with prices logically anyone who posts with no price will either have to list prices or never make a sale *shrugs*

the more rules we add the more likely people won't read through them all, and quite frankly given how many people ignore posts with out prices, adding a rule to force people to do something they likely want to do anyways if they want to make sales seems pointless. I mean it's really not hard to ignore the few people that don't post prices.

As a person with 165 purchases and 101 sales on this thread, I agree with what's being said in this post. I do find myself more likely to pass by priceless listings; but, on the same notion, I also pass by listings where priced items are clearly too high. BOTTOM: if there's something I'm truly interested in, then it's worth the few seconds to PM the seller and ask (or even make an offer). From my years of heavily using this thread, it's been obvious that poorly listed items--whether with or without prices--don't hang around too long.

Also, I do feel that adding the requirement of providing prices will result in an equal--or greater--number of posts from people trying to publicly police things (we're still dealing with this after the 2016 addition of picture rules); and I, personally, find this way more distracting and derailing than a listing with too many / improperly formatted pictures or missing prices.

As a person with 165 purchases and 101 sales on this thread, I agree with what's being said in this post. I do find myself more likely to pass by priceless listings; but, on the same notion, I also pass by listings where priced items are clearly too high. BOTTOM: if there's something I'm truly interested in, then it's worth the few seconds to PM the seller and ask (or even make an offer). From my years of heavily using this thread, it's been obvious that poorly listed items--whether with or without prices--don't hang around too long.

Also, I do feel that adding the requirement of providing prices will result in an equal--or greater--number of posts from people trying to publicly police things (we're still dealing with this after the 2016 addition of picture rules); and I, personally, find this way more distracting and derailing than a listing with too many / improperly formatted pictures or missing prices.

Bingo.

Aselith

One thing that does annoy me is people that don't list a price but also put "NO LOWBALLING" I don't really mind no prices but if you don't want lowballs...put a floor on it! :p Haven't noticed it happening in a while though.

I think that this is a valid point, but I don't necessarily think that it means we should just skip ever adding new rules. I'm not a fan of adding a price requirement either, but the final decision is up to the community. Well, as much as reasonably possible. This is honestly the most feedback we have ever gotten about it I think, so I'm just kind of watching to see how it turns out. I see a lot of the same people making the same arguments as before, but it's interesting to see some new faces chiming in as well this time.

One thing that does annoy me is people that don't list a price but also put "NO LOWBALLING" I don't really mind no prices but if you don't want lowballs...put a floor on it! :p Haven't noticed it happening in a while though.

That's a nice idea in theory but I think the burden's on the seller to decide what is and isn't a fair offer. When you set the floor you pretty much set the asking price. We're all pretty knowledgeable about tech and media here, let's not kid ourselves and think a guy holding a boxed copy of Earthbound for ten years would be willing to let it go for $150 and a friendly hug.

SLEIhbg.png

No shipping included. US only.
Paypal(gift & fees paid), US PSN credit, US PS+ subs, and Amazon credit accepted.
Feel free to message me with any questions or offers. Thanks.

FOR SALE

PS3
Uncharted 1-3 $10
Killzone 2 $3
Beatles Rock Band $5

Video game books(art, strategy and novels)
Art of Dead Space - $15
Darkstalkers Graphic File - $20
30th anniversary Capcom character encyclopedia - $5
FFX/X-2 strategy guide - $30
Metal Gear Solid 2 strategy guide - $5
Dead Space Martyr - $5
Dead Space Salvage - $5
Catherine sound disk and art book - $10
Art of Persona 3 w/ soundtrack $15

Miscellaneous
Apple Magic Mouse $20
Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection box and book(no game or case) $5
Metal Gear Solid Saga Vol. 2 $3
The Dark Knight Joker Headknocker bobblehead(new) $20
Max Media Dock(DS Lite media player) $5
3DS black universal folio case(new) $5
NDS Game Keeper steel case $10
Final Fantasy 8 black case insert
UMvC3 PS3 booklet
Persona 4 Arena PS3 booklet

Blurays - $2 each unless noted
Pineapple Express
Breakfast At Tiffany’s
Talladega Nights
Sin City: Two-Disc Theatrical & Recut, Extended, and Unrated Versions
Terminator 2
30 Minutes Or Less
Seven
Rambo First Blood part 2
First Blood
Blair Witch Project
District 9
Step Brothers
Bruno
The Simpsons Movie
Melancholia
Antichrist - $10
Charade -$10

DVDs - $2 each unless noted
Arrested Development seasons 1-3 $10
Party Down seasons 1 & 2 $5
Eastbound & Down season 1 $3
Aeon Flux collection $10
Daria Complete series $10
Bob Dylan: No Direction Home
Hedwig & The Angry Inch - $15
Forgetting Sarah Marshall
Piranha
Nine Inch Nails Live: Beside You In Time
A.I.
Borat
Requiem For A Dream
Marie Antoinette
King Kong
The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
The Decemberists: A Practical Handbook - $10
Ani Difranco: Live At Babeville
Nirvana: Live! Tonight! Sold out! - $5
Ninja Scroll - $5
Labyrinth
Little Miss Sunshine
Cyrus
Knocked Up
Yeah Yeah Yeahs: Tell Me What Rockers To Swallow
The Science Of Sleep
Amelie
Pixies
The Aviator
Back To The Future Trilogy - $10
Escape From New York
Dr. Strangelove
Terminator 2
Spider-Man 2
Simpsons Movie
Funny People
Eternal Sunshine
Sweeney Todd
Iron Man

chualie

WTS:

Xbox One Lunar White Controller & Microsoft Xbox Wireless Adapter - $35 shipped

Controller comes in original box.

Apple Pencil - $65 shipped
Comes with original box and accessories.

All items are in good condition. Barely used.

PM if interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom