• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2016 | Read the Rules in the OP | I'd Buy That for a Dollar!

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

WTS

- Ghost Recon: Wildlands - 28€ (Nvidia code, Europe, you need a 1060/70/80 and GeForce Experience to redeem)

- Ghost Recon: Wildlands Season Pass - 15€ (Uplay key, Europe)

Or both for 39€ via PayPal.

----

Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade Steam (gives you the Early Access badge and 40K ingame currency) - 2€

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
WTB: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia LE. If anybody living in Canada doesn't want their order anymore, please let me know.

WTS

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia Limited Edition - Nintendo 3DS - Ships from Amazon. $65 - I'll eat Paypal fees for this to give you peace of mind that your money shall be returned should Amazon fall through. Check my feedback here too.

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Gold Motion Plus Wii remote. Has minor scruffs on corners near top sensor. $35 Pictures Here.

Anker PowerCore+ 20100 USB-C External Battery (Info Here )- complete sans original box- I have owned it since March the 1st and have not used it once nor do i anticpate i will - $55 shipped

-[Bluray]Star Wars - The Original trilogy- w/ Slipcover $20 shipped

-[Blu-Ray]Star Wars - The Force Awakens - w/ slipcover $10 shipped

Want: Paypal FnF

I'm a little late this time, but it's almost time for a new thread!

As such, we have a couple of things to address:

1) Any suggestions for a new thread title? Don't worry NeOak, "Read the Rules in the OP" will still be there.

2) Any proposed changes/additions to our existing rules? I honestly think we are in a good spot now, but I'm always open to hearing suggestions.

just adding my 2 cents:

1) Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2016 | Read the Rules in the OP | Srsly, Read the Rules in the OP

2)

- adding prices should not be made mandatory.

- I know some people are not fans of increasing the post limit, but still i just want to advocate for the raise to 250.

Jesus Carbomb

From Water into Guinness
There should be a real discussion about the selling of preorders or items that you don't have on hand.

When's the new thread going up?

AkumaNiko

$_1.JPG

Selling the persona 5 collectors edition school bag $30 shipped paypal

Also selling a few PS4 games

World of Final Fantasy - $25
Persona 5 SB - $45
Grand Kingdom - $20

Also selling

Link BoTW Amiibo unopened: $30 Shipped

How about some sort of requirement for timeline on replying to PMs?

Yes, people sleep and people have jobs and lives to deal with.
But, if you post an item for sale, or that you want to buy something or whatever, people shouldn't be left guessing at how and when you're going to reply.

Maybe something like responding to any PM within at least 24 hours or else - barring any agreed-upon timeframe or notification of a reason for a delay - the other person can leave a note about poor contact?

sabanoo

But, if you post an item for sale, or that you want to buy something or whatever, people shouldn't be left guessing at how and when you're going to reply.

Maybe something like responding to any PM within at least 24 hours or else - barring any agreed-upon timeframe or notification of a reason for a delay - the other person can leave a note about poor contact?

So if you are going to be out of communication you have to first make sure you don't have any possible listings up in this thread? That seems extremely annoying for no real benefit and all of the "poor contact" stuff would just further clog up the thread.

Yeah, it's annoying when someone doesn't respond to PMs but just move on.

Yeah, no.

There should be a real discussion about the selling of preorders or items that you don't have on hand.

When's the new thread going up?

It's a fair point to bring up. Even Ebay has precautions in place in case orders from distributor are cancelled. Personally, I would have no problem buying pre-orders from people, and I have.

At the end of the day, I think transactions like these should be paid for using Paypal with fees to cover the buyer on top of the seller having excellent reputation here in this thread.

So if you are going to be out of communication you have to first make sure you don't have any possible listings up in this thread?

Or edit a note into your most recent listing post explaining that you have stuff going on, and won't be able to reply to messages for a bit.
It's not that difficult.

WTS

SLEIhbg.png

All prices are in US$ and include shipping.

Paypal only, please. F&F or pay fees. I'm willing to accept offers on all items, just PM me.

Uncharted 4, like new - $15

Sony - DualShock 4 Wireless Controller Starter Kit (controller + USB dongle), like new - $45
I purchased this but used it maybe once. It's clean and works perfectly.

Game Keys
Steam
TIS-100 - $0.50
The Darkness II - $0.50
Spec Ops: The Line - $0.50
Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine - $0.50
Pony Island - $0.50
Victor Vran - $0.50
The Stanley Parable - $0.50
Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball - $0.50
Guacamelee Gold Edition - $0.50
Octodad Dadliest Catch - $0.50
Ballistick - $0.50
Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition - $0.50

Origin
Battlefield 3 - $0.50
Medal of Honor - $0.50
Mirror's Edge - $0.50
Populous - $0.50

Aselith

That's a nice idea in theory but I think the burden's on the seller to decide what is and isn't a fair offer. When you set the floor you pretty much set the asking price. We're all pretty knowledgeable about tech and media here, let's not kid ourselves and think a guy holding a boxed copy of Earthbound for ten years would be willing to let it go for $150 and a friendly hug.

That's kinda my point though. People don't put prices because they hope someone will give them a higher price and you should expect that the lower offers come with that too. You can decline the low offer but if you don't want to see lowball offers you need to set expectations.

If people wanted to pay the average ebay price...they'd go to ebay.

sabanoo

Or edit a note into your most recent listing post explaining that you have stuff going on, and won't be able to reply to messages for a bit.
It's not that difficult.

That sounds like the same thing I said to me. Just move on if someone doesn't reply. It's not that difficult.

Syriel

One thing that does annoy me is people that don't list a price but also put "NO LOWBALLING" I don't really mind no prices but if you don't want lowballs...put a floor on it! :p Haven't noticed it happening in a while though.

"NO LOWBALLING" is just another way to say "I'M A SCALPER!"

I don't mind it when people post that in their WTS posts (esp when they post in caps) because it's an easy way to identify scalpers.

99% of the time, someone who posts "NO LOWBALLING" wants way more than fair market value for a used item.

arigato

WTB Klonoa 2, Shadow Hearts: Covenant, Shadow of the Colossus, I-Ninja, Sunset Overdrive, Resident Evil 4 (GameCube), and any Dreamcast or OG Xbox games.

Paradox96

Neo Member
WTS

PS4 Digital codes:

Street Fighter V - $20
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - $20
The Last of Us Remastered - $15

want: Paypal. or Nier Automata or Horizon for ps4

I have no problems with selling preorders. If a buyer wants to tie up their money on a product that's not out yet, that's their prerogative.

For all the traffic this thread gets, a lot of stuff happens behind the scenes in PMs and whatnot. This thread should be just for the same people reposting their overpriced goods and the occasional rule reminders and PSAs.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I don't expect any Buy-in on this idea, BUT!

I'm so sick of seeing the exact same posts over and over for weeks and months. I end up instinctively scrolling right past, and I'm sure I miss stuff in the process.

What if, if you have the same item(s) in your post, you can post again in 150. But then 200. Then 250. 300. And so on.

That item has been sold or you remove it from your bigger post? Reset to 150.

ThisOne

I'm so sick of seeing the exact same posts over and over for weeks and months. I end up instinctively scrolling right past, and I'm sure I miss stuff in the process.

What if, if you have the same item(s) in your post, you can post again in 150. But then 200. Then 250. 300. And so on.

Who's gonna police that? I be think it's a good idea since I get sick of the same listings but I don't feel like there's any way to actually enforce this.

Darren870

Games: (all prices shipped in US)
Wii Games:
Rayman Raving Rabbids - $8

Xbox 360:
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 - $8
Rainbow Six Vegas - $6
Halo Reach - $8
Fable III - $8
Boarderlands 2 - $7
Gears of War - $6
SkyRim - $7
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit - $9
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine - PAL Version (Works on US Xbox) - $7
Fallout 3 Digital Code - $6

PS3:
Little Big Planet - $9

Also have the Modded PS2 for 120 shipped

Open to offers.

Cheers,
Darren

Alucrid

Banned
have a few steam keys to get rid of

World of Goo - .50
The Stanley Parable - 1
The Swapper - .50
Thirty Flights of Loving - .50
Day of the Tentacle - 1

Jesus Carbomb

From Water into Guinness
WTS
Digital movie codes for sale, US region. From my own personal collection, guaranteed to work. Paypal Friends or Amazon gift card accepted. Thanks
af7trx6.png

$7 The Iron Giant - UV

$5 Lights Out - UV
$5 Pirates: Band of Misfits - UV

$4 Everest - UV
$4 The Revenant - UV
$4 Chef - iTunes or UV
$4 Southpaw - UV
$4 Labyrinth - UV
$4 Macbeth (Fassbender) - UV
$4 How to Train Your Dragon 2 - iTunes or UV

$3 Hugo - iTunes or UV **

**Free with any other purchase.

Sold La La Land - iTunes or UV
Sold Transformers: Dark of the Moon UV **
Sold The Walk - UV

SvkLlzU.jpg

It's a fair point to bring up. Even Ebay has precautions in place in case orders from distributor are cancelled. Personally, I would have no problem buying pre-orders from people, and I have.

At the end of the day, I think transactions like these should be paid for using Paypal with fees to cover the buyer on top of the seller having excellent reputation here in this thread.

I have no problems with selling preorders. If a buyer wants to tie up their money on a product that's not out yet, that's their prerogative

Yeah, I guess it really comes down to buyer/seller discretion when dealing with pre-orders. It's difficult to have precautions in place without it seeming like we're dipping into other peoples transactions. Would love to hear some ideas to help streamline the process tho. Sticking to PayPal Goods is solid advice. I know buyers appreciate it when I give them the choice to pay upfront or closer to when the item is ready.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Who's gonna police that? I be think it's a good idea since I get sick of the same listings but I don't feel like there's any way to actually enforce this.

There are some folks on here who live to police the thread. Adding rules would probably make their day.

Anyone have a Nier for PS4 for sale?

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead

That would be awesome but I think, unmanageable.

foltzie1

Do you have a bot ready to help manage that?

WTS

Nintendo Switch Neon US new and unopened.

Nintendo Switch Zelda Breath of the Wild: Master Edition US new and unopened.
Also have a BotW one sheet poster I will include with the game.

Taking offers on both of these as I just don't have the time to invest into games right now. Both were purchased at launch and have been sitting undisturbed since. Would like to sell both together ideally. They would ship separately for insurance purposes and to protect the collector's edition during shipping. I'm only willing to ship to the US, can pick up or drop off locally in the CA bay area.

Paypal F&F/Amazon

Code_Link

WTB:

NES Classic Edition

I'm a Nintendo collector and could never get one of these, and of course, now they won't sell them. Anyone have an extra one? Thank you in advance.

KurtFehl

+1 for prices should be mandatory. Let's just get this on the rules!

Also don't increase the post limit. 150 is enough IMO. This thread isn't moving too fast nor too slow. It's moving just right. If you increase the post limit, the thread might move slooooooowwwwwww at times. Keep it as is.

NoRéN

There are some folks on here who live to police the thread. Adding rules would probably make their day.

lol so true.

Some people go out. Some people live life to the fullest.

Some just love to nitpick every single thing that isn't up to their standards on here.

+1 for prices should be mandatory. Let's just get this on the rules!

Also don't increase the post limit. 150 is enough IMO. This thread isn't moving too fast nor too slow. It's moving just right. If you increase the post limit, the thread might move slooooooowwwwwww at times. Keep it as is.

I also think the 150 post limit is perfect. Thread moves at a good speed right now.

I don't think prices should be mandatory, but I'm with others in that I usually skip listings with no price. I also never list anything myself without a price.

I do think that WTB posts without a price are fine. Sometimes you don't know what the going rate is, you can always figure it out in PM.

aparisi2274

For Sale:

33926520940_15b505cac7_c.jpg

33926520870_ea272c6d4a_c.jpg

33926520550_550f7e600a_c.jpg

$100 Gap Gift Card that also works at Old Navy, Banana Republic, and Athleta. I do not shop at any of these stores, so I am looking to get rid of this card for:

$80

Please send me a PM if interested, and I can either send you the card # and Pin, or mail you the physical card, or both.

Thank You!

EDIT: SOLD!!!

dallow_bg

nods at old men
EDIT: Forgot to add that I'm fine with the way things are currently.

NoRéN;234952633 said:
lol so true.

Some people go out. Some people live life to the fullest.

Some just love to nitpick every single thing that isn't up to their standards on here.

You're quoting the guy who consistently broke the thread rules about reposts and acts like it's all a joke.

Squarehard

Pass on the requirement of mandatory pricing. I have prices listed for many things I have on my list, but for some things I don't have a price on them because I'm looking to trade them for something else.

It's not just a buy or sell thread, but it's also a trade thread, so prices aren't necessarily the key thing that everybody looks for when trying to make a deal. And as many have mentioned before, if a seller doesn't want to list a price, and that does deter the amount of transaction to them, that's their loss. If the buyer doesn't want to do that, and waste their time with the seller, then don't.

I mean, are we trying to build a community, or create a utopia? It doesn't have to be a perfect system, but an adequate and inclusive one that continues to grow.

Just my thoughts on the issue, so not a knock to those who would like a pricing requirement. I personally just don't feel it's necessary for all situations.

And in regards to the posting requirement minimum between WTB/WTS lists, I think the current mark is fine, but if we really had to make a change; would it be possible to make it a number of days limit, rather than a post count? Maybe one post every 5-7 days or something.

Finishoff

Selling:

Gamestop GC $110 for $100

Overwatch PC origins edition key $30
cRMdtIz.png

Comes with game with 5 skins, Tracer hero for HotS, Winston pet in WoW, Hearthstone card back, Mercy wings in diablo and SC2 portraits.

Oakb9ta.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom