• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy your XBLA games on Amazon (gifts too)

Kifimbo

PR (sorry if old):

Amazon.com Launches Xbox LIVE Store, Offering Customers Convenient Digital Access to Xbox LIVE Arcade Games, Subscription Cards, and Points Cards
Amazon is the First Retailer to Offer Codes for Downloading Xbox LIVE Games

SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN) today launched the Amazon Xbox LIVE® Store beta, www.amazon.com/xboxlive, offering customers the convenience to purchase and gift select Xbox LIVE games, subscription cards and Microsoft Points cards. Previously games were only available directly from the Xbox 360® console or xbox.com, making Amazon.com the first retailer to offer customers digital access to codes for downloading Xbox LIVE Arcade games. Customers can choose from fan-favorite titles including “Braid,” “Castle Crashers” and over 100 other games.

“PC gamers have enjoyed the convenience of digital downloads on Amazon.com for some time. Now Amazon.com and Microsoft are bringing that same level of convenience to platform gamers by expanding the reach of the Xbox LIVE digital platform to millions of Amazon customers,” said Greg Hart, vice president of Video Games and Software for Amazon.com. “This is an exciting day for Amazon.com customers, and we will continue to drive innovation that will provide our customers with the widest selection of video game platform downloads.”

“This partnership brings together two leading online brands – Xbox LIVE as the entertainment center of the living room and Amazon.com, a retailer that consumers rely on for great deals and wide selection,” said Christina DeRosa, general manager, Xbox LIVE Business. “With the overwhelming success of our existing Xbox LIVE Marketplace, it is clear that the 17 million active and engaged members of the Xbox LIVE community enjoy digital access to entertainment content. Now we’re happy to be extending our storefront to Amazon.com, a cutting-edge online retailer who is helping make digital distribution more mainstream.”

Through the Xbox LIVE Store, Amazon.com customers can easily buy Xbox LIVE Arcade games, subscriptions and Microsoft Points cards for themselves or friends and family. Points can be used to buy games in the Xbox 360 online Marketplace. The Amazon.com Xbox LIVE Store works on a code-redemption system where customers who purchase an Xbox LIVE product will immediately be able to view their Xbox LIVE code after purchase as well as e-mail that code to themselves or the recipient of the gift. Additionally, this code will reside in the customer’s Your Games & Software Library so they can retrieve it at any time. This digital delivery mechanism eliminates both the waiting time for the customer as well as reduces the waste associated with shipping packaged games and points cards. Customers can leverage Amazon’s recommendation and personalization engine to learn about new games that they also may be interested in based on similar purchase histories of like-customers.

Xbox LIVE games, subscription cards and Microsoft Points cards are sold by Amazon Digital Services, Inc.

Meier

Very cool. I'd never use service if there weren't any discounts though I doubt...although this will net me some added credit card rewards, so scratch that, I'll use it regardless. :lol

Baker

Banned
I want to just keep ordering these 20 cent cards, but I love amazon too much to totally screw them over like that.

Keikoku said:
Good news for Euroland, will get my games for cheap now !

Amazon US won't ship to Europe so I doubt they'd let UK residents buy games from the US store.

Anyway, this is a great idea and finally brings gift giving to XBLA! Here's hoping that Europe gets the same treatment soon!

Gowans

damn it missed out when creating my US account :(

This Amazon marketplace is a great idea tho, sure we will see it at other stores online too.

Stalfos

I tried to get more than 2 but I would try to purchase a new one and it would just keep showing me the same code again.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Gowans007 said:
damn it missed out when creating my US account :(

This Amazon marketplace is a great idea tho, sure we will see it at other stores online too.

Same happened here. fuck :lol

Stalfos said:
I tried to get more than 2 but I would try to purchase a new one and it would just keep showing me the same code again.
Same. I wonder if the people who are convinced that they have more than one code actually just have one code. :lol

DuckRacer

U K Narayan said:
Same. I wonder if the people who are convinced that they have more than one code actually just have one code. :lol
I just redeemed 3200 points into my account, all for 40¢. :lol

Nester

I got four separate codes. Had to log out of amazon and back in everytime I requested a new one but it worked.

gkryhewy

U K Narayan said:

I got five codes over ten orders. Will gift a few of them :D

soldat7

I wonder how much this will help sales of XBLA titles. Hopefully a lot.

The more I think about this, the more brilliant it is. This must be why MS hasn't put out a similar service on Xbox.com; they've probably been in contractual talks with Amazon for quite some time.

DuckRacer said:
I just redeemed 3200 points into my account, all for 40¢. :lol
SpeedRazor said:
I got four separate codes. Had to log out of amazon and back in everytime I requested a new one but it worked.
gkrykewy said:
I got five codes over ten orders. Will gift a few of them :D
angry-smiley-055.gif

harSon

Banned
SpeedRazor said:

I just redeemed all of them for a total of 6470 points, I still have one left that I'll be giving to a friend too

Top Bottom