• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buzz! Quiz TV - Official Thread of Quiztacular Quiztestants!

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
languageBuzz.png

POST RELEASE NEWS

Home Space Information - KernelPanic @ NeoGAF
Trophy List - Roxas @ NeoGAF

GENERAL INFO

Developer: Relentless Software
Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment
Platform: Playstation 3
Availablity: UK - July 4th / US - September 23rd

Players: 8
Price - £19.99 Solus / £39.99 with Wireless Buzzers

Official Site
My Buzz Quiz

BOB%202-large.jpg

FEATURES

Online Play - “Sofa vs. Sofa” online multiplayer mode gives you the ability to compete with entire households online

User Created Quizzes - Create and download custom quizzes via MyBuzz! online community where members can interact - playing, sharing and rating each others’ quizzes online or on your PS3.

Premium Quiz Packs - Download new quiz packs via Playstation Network for 500 brand new questions on your favourite subjects.

Wireless Buzzers - No more tangled wires! Wired PS2 Buzzers are compatible

5000 Questions - On Sport, Music, Movies & TV, General Knowledge and Lifestyle

screenshot5.jpg

DOWNLOADABLE QUIZES

Name: Australian Culture Quiz
Description: A feast of trivia questions dedicated to all things Australian - people, places, music, TV, history, food and more.

Name: UK Culture Quiz
Description: A feast of trivia questions dedicated to all things British - people, places, music, TV, history, food and more.
Sample Question: In the 1960s, which artist made a splash with his swimming pool paintings?

Name: Rock Legends Quiz
Description: This rocked out music quiz will test your knowledge of the world's best rock acts from Aerosmith to ZZ Top.
Sample Question: In 1980 which rock drummer climbed the "Stairway to Heaven"?

Name: Sci-Fi Movies Quiz
Description: Sci-fi movie questions to sort out the Arnies from the Jar Jars. But do you need to phone home to find out the answers?
Sample Question: Who is Donnie Darko's seven-foot tall bunny buddy?

Name: Videogames Quiz
Description: It's never "Game Over" with these tricky teasers on the last 15 years of videogames from Lara Croft to MotorStorm.
Sample Question: Doctor Neo Cortex created which chaotic character?

01-large.jpg

REVIEWS

Edge Magazine - 7/10
Playstation Official Magazine UK - 8/10
IGN UK - 7.8/10
Eurogamer - 8/10
BritishGaming.co.uk - Try
Total Video Games - 8/10
Jolt - 8.6
VideoGamer.com - 8/10

Gowans

I picked this up in the shop today but no voice chat and a limited quiz options plus a lack of media really turned me off. Price is decent tho (but launch DLC no on disc is a turn off) picked up UT3 on 360 instead.

The online quiz set up sounds amazing tho sure there sure will be tonnes of ace custom quizs too. Will probably pick this up a little further down the line, love they are treating it more like a platform with DLC tho. (more thinking like this please).

Next bbq/gathering round mine and it will be mine tho.

Flek

Banned
I bought it today, never played buzz before and i have to say i like it. Even though i want to chosse the mode i play in multiplayer...but yeha its fun. A one thing missing - where is the patch for trophies etc. ? It should have been released already.

nofi

Flek said:
I bought it today, never played buzz before and i have to say i like it. Even though i want to chosse the mode i play in multiplayer...but yeha its fun. A one thing missing - where is the patch for trophies etc. ? It should have been released already.

I was told sometime in July.

Great game, only really started playing it tonight - and the damned servers are down so I can't try online!

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
From July Pick-Up Post

tracky_dacks said:
buzztv.jpg

Never played a Buzz game, but online multiplayer and user created trivia was the deal breaker.

tinklez is my PSN username if anyone wants to hit me up online.

Whoa, didn't realise there was a thread.
Yep, as McBacon has pointed out, I got my Buzz Quiz TV last night. Haven't had a chance to play it (it's 6.30am down here right now), but I'll give it a bash later today. Looking forward to having some multiplayer fun when the mates come over.

Gowans

Wollan said:
For those who don't know:

You can play ALL user created quizzes from the website: http://www.mybuzzquiz.com/
Without owning the game itself. You don't get the same whizz and bang but it's a nice time killer.

Thanks Wollan, that is such an amazing feature.
(also great advertising)

Edit: wow you can log in too with your PSN id, it keeps your stats and you can create quizes too, nice!

Edit Edit:

These quizes are great, the deserve a place in the op.

Found a viedo games on already in teh top quizes section.
How will GAF do? http://www.mybuzzquiz.com/en_GB/actions/PlayQuiz.do?fileID=49

Wanted to have a quick go before I head off for work, but after 5 tries, I couldn't get online with the game's server. :(
That My Buzz Quiz thing does sound awesome though!

Gowans

Havn't made a quiz yet but guess the site and a keyboard is the way to go but are they all that short in the game? (seems like a waste if they are, are the qued or mixed in? explain)

Also looks like there's a tonne of quizzes up already, varying quality but its so easy to rank and comment.

Man you can tell the demographic so well by the stuff thats up there in top quizzes and in the search.

Gowans

Tryed your FF quiz but I knew nothing! ;D

Nice change tho, so many quizzes I've been picking are so easy (all have been subjects I'm interested in tho)

Will think some up to make later.

Gowans

Wollan said:

:lol yeah saw that one people arn't messing around, I dont think I've failed with a search yet.

Chirst what are people doing: :D

Amiga
http://www.mybuzzquiz.com/en_GB/actions/PlayQuiz.do?fileID=847
http://www.mybuzzquiz.com/en_GB/actions/PlayQuiz.do?fileID=4067

Spectrum
http://www.mybuzzquiz.com/en_GB/actions/PlayQuiz.do?fileID=1730

This is a great little site even for non buzz players who just want to make a quick little online quiz.

Roxas

I cannot find the Videogames quiz on the PSN store..is this due for release next thursday? Or is it just not on the UK store?

Wollan

It's a user created quizz. Check the official website linked to above (or search for it within the game).

senahorse

Picked up a copy yesterday, my first buzz game. Only had a quick single player game, but should be having some drinks with friends tonight, so it will get put to the test. I might download the 4 DLC packs as well, can never have too many questions :D

Gowans007 said:
Havn't made a quiz yet but guess the site and a keyboard is the way to go but are they all that short in the game? (seems like a waste if they are, are the qued or mixed in? explain)

Also looks like there's a tonne of quizzes up already, varying quality but its so easy to rank and comment.

Man you can tell the demographic so well by the stuff thats up there in top quizzes and in the search.

You can only play custom quiz one at a time, they cant be downloaded mixed into to make a bigger quiz or anything not that it says in the game just one off 8 question quizs which take ages to get going as you have to select a player and the intro which cant be skipped. Theres alot of people dissapointed in this on the official forums, alot of stuff has been removed compiared to older buzz, online online has one set quiz to no pass the bomb or anything else and its only one person online so you cant go online with a friend on the same console. Overall this game needs a big ass patch to patch in modes online voice chat camera support etc etc as the way it is right now its a let down for me.

Wollan

Acquired the game today. Funny to see Norwegian (local) user created questions/content that non natives would have no chance in hell answering. No shocker I guess but it's nice to see stuff being this localized (but whatya know, that's what happens when you use locals as a resource).

Wollan

Metalmurphy said:
Are these the same quizzes used in the game? I mean the created ones, are they used on this website and in the game?
Yes. You can play them ALL on the website.
Or within the game (where they get the proper animated flashy graphics..etc).

Wollan said:
Yes. You can play them ALL on the website.
Or within the game (where they get the proper animated flashy graphics..etc).

:eek: That's pretty awesome.

Gotta put this game on my "To buy" list. It'll be pretty way down there though :p

Roxas

Hey nofi, have you heard anymore about the trophy patch? One of the devs on the EU Playstation forums said mid-July, so it should be incoming any day now? Do you have a definate date?

Some info, concept art and screens of the Home space for Buzz !:

http://www.cumronashtiani.com/ArtDirection Pages/AD_BuzzHome.htm

We estimated that we would need to support anything up to 64 avatars in a game at any one time. Multiple games would run in parallel.

Once the concept was approved it was time to get my hands dirty and start using the Home SDK and PS3 Dev kit.
The screen shots below show the final Home space running on PS3. It took around 5 weeks to build including a fair bit of R&D and trouble shooting time with he help of Sony (I think i was the first person to use the SDK outside of SCEE)
The lighting is pre-baked using HDR light maps and the shader system was unfortunately un editable and so there was a limited surface library to chose from (phong, metal, glass etc)

The Avatars are part of the Home system and so not customisable for their surroundings. I think stylistically the characters for Home could have done with a bit more exaggeration and style. There were several technical limitations with he tools at that time in that we couldn't have animated objects, no characters other than the Home avatars or lights and so movement could only be provided with shader based UV scrolling.

Despite the limitations of the system the end result of this work was very successful and Sony were happy as were Relentless. This work has since been furthered by Relentless's internal team and should be online soon.

29xaln9.jpg

Buzz_3D2-1.jpg

Buzz_3D3-1.jpg

Buzz_3D4-1.jpg

Looks pretty neat.

That Buzz Home-space is almost too good. By that I mean it might actually hurt Buzz sales because people will just play it in Home for free.

a Master Ninja said:
That Buzz Home-space is almost too good. By that I mean it might actually hurt Buzz sales because people will just play it in Home for free.

i think you can only enter it if you have the game in your tray.

Captain N

Why would they use HOME to have game launching with HOME (IF they do) only to have you get into Buzz and lose that voice chat with the people you met or friends you knew from HOME?

Captain N said:
Why would they use HOME to have game launching with HOME (IF they do) only to have you get into Buzz and lose that voice chat with the people you met or friends you knew from HOME?
You made no sense at all. If Buzz doesn't have voice chat that's not really a problem with HOME.

And yes they do have group game launching from HOME.

Captain N

Metalmurphy said:
You made no sense at all. If Buzz doesn't have voice chat that's not really a problem with HOME.

And yes they do have group game launching from HOME.

I'm just saying that Sony shouldn't have game spaces for things like this..it really breaks up the flow and what HOME was meant to do. Sony has said that they want you to be able to talk with and interact with people and keep up the chat while you go from game to game, but they bring out Buzz with no voice chat. Makes no sense. It isn't a problem with HOME at all.

Captain N said:
I'm just saying that Sony shouldn't have game spaces for things like this..it really breaks up the flow and what HOME was meant to do. Sony has said that they want you to be able to talk with and interact with people and keep up the chat while you go from game to game, but they bring out Buzz with no voice chat. Makes no sense. It isn't a problem with HOME at all.
So because Buzz has no voice chat they shouldn't do the HOME space?

Why? If you can't have all you rather have nothing? oO

Captain N

Metalmurphy said:
So because Buzz has no voice chat they shouldn't do the HOME space?

Why? If you can't have all you rather have nothing? oO

I think the space looks nice, but I don't know why Sony would break the flow of the whole online experience with the lack of voice chat. Of course by the time most people are actually able to enter this HOME space we'll probably have a Buzz with voice chat or this version will have it patched in.

Syringe

Question: I live in Sweden and want to download Rock Legends Quiz and the Sci-Fi Quiz from PSN Store. But are they playable in Swedish (if you can get them in any other language then english, swedish is probably there to) or only in english?

Swedish is set to my default language in my PS3 and these are the only ones I can see in the store, so maybe that's a sign that these two will work?

patsu

They will improve it incrementally like always.

I would like them to throw in Qore and "Life with Playstation" material into Playstation Home as well. Veronica Belmont should have an automated avatar in Home as a guide. We should be able to access external information from within Home. It helps to bring the entire concept together tighter.

Roxas

have to bump this because the trophy patch is UP.

Here's the trophy list :

Bronze

Sofa Subjugator Bronze = Win 5 Sofa vs Sofa games
The Barnard Award Bronze = Score over 1500 points in Single player
Lonesome and Loving it Bronze = Play 5 single player games
MyBuzz Enthusiast Bronze = Play 1 MyBuzz game
Sofa Surfer Bronze = Play 1 Sofa vs Sofa game
Socialite Bronze = Play 5 Multiplayer games

Silver

Sofa Subjugator Silver = Win 20 Sofa vs Sofa games
The Barnard Award Silver = Score over 3000 points on single player
Lonesome and Loving it Silver = Play 20 single player games