• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buzzfeed Exposé: Milo, Breitbart Collabed Directly With Nazis For Years

OYT3fvu.png

Big difference when there is literal evidence, names, screenshots, dates, times, etc.

Again, to most of us on this side of the aisle this isn't so much surprising in idea as much as it is in content

ayeorkean

I'm hoping and wouldn't be surprised if BuzzFeed has enough stuff here to get a few more stories out of this. Hoping for a piece that outs more of these fucktwats.

elz8ILV.jpg

Is anybody else curious about the Mercer family? They seem to be the puppet masters here.

KingV

Jesus Christ his password was Kristalnacht I mean come the fuck on.

It takes a special kind of dumbass to admire nazism as a Jewish gay man.

Though, he may not actually be Jewish, he might just say he is Jewish as deflection.

Similarly show me the actual receipts on his gay marriage to a black guy.

KingV

Also, in case anyone forget, people should throw Laurie Penny in the trash as well for her "once you get past the bigotry, Milo is a nice guy" fluff pieces she did

He’s obviously not a nice guy.

I actually see him as a sort of alt-right beard meant to deflect claims of nazism.

This was always obvious the way he would say things like “how can I be racist, I date black guys!” But it’s really really obvious here.

Like he doesn’t even write his own articles.

Stoop Man

He’s obviously not a nice guy.

I actually see him as a sort of alt-right beard meant to deflect claims of nazism.

This was always obvious the way he would say things like “how can I be racist, I date black guys!” But it’s really really obvious here.

Like he doesn’t even write his own articles.

Yeah, anyone can be a nice guy. I bet I could sit down and have a perfectly pleasant meal with David Duke and his family as long as no one brings up politics.

It's like people don't get that bigots aren't acting like raving lunatics all the time.

Anung

Un Rama
Reading all of this, it’s pretty obvious why there were so many “Antifa are the REAL bad guys” articles after Charlottesville. None of this shit is coincidence.

Not only this but Twitter not doing shit against openly nazi accounts, ignoring complaints and verifying said accounts.

Same with YouTube's algorithms targeting LBGTQ content.

With this coming to light these behaviour makes too much sense.

Big difference when there is literal evidence, names, screenshots, dates, times, etc.

Again, to most of us on this side of the aisle this isn't so much surprising in idea as much as it is in content

We had all of that for Gamergate as well. There were tons of chat logs, screenshots, and names. It was all pretty much ignored.

I'm impressed by the seriousness and level of detail of this investigation.
Kudos to the author, he really made harder work for Milo's fanclub.

This was a great article, I think everyone should read it. Could be eye opening for a few.

I have zero sympathy for someone losing their job over encouraging harassment of women. Get fucked, Sunderland. What really upsets me is that i'm sure this is only in reaction to the emails going public, there have to be people at vice who knew already.

Armaros

I like how he used the phrase "wrongthink", the more these morons use it in conjunction with them being found out as white supremacists and Nazi sympathizers, the more the "liberal agenda" farce is exposed.

And more ironically after they were caught out infiltrating liberal groups to abuse 'liberal media' they cause liberals of.

Some nice projection. As par the course.

gabbo

Jesus that was thorough. Horrifying, not surprising in some regards, but horrifying none the less.

This story needs to be spread far and wide

Paskil

Arthur Chu
@arthur_affect
I’m not sure it’s a big reveal @Olivianuzzi was a CC on the Milo emails when she wrote a fawning profile of him in public, but still

7:36am · 6 Oct 2017 · Twitter for iPhone

Shit runs deep.

@Bernstein

In case my earlier tweet was not clear enough, @Olivianuzzi was not part of the email group I described in my story yesterday

11:06 AM - 6 Oct 2017

https://twitter.com/Bernstein/status/916364129706889218

I think this is saying something different than what Chu is saying (talking about two different email threads or exchanges?), but Bernstein just tweeted this.

Ozigizo

This is such a fucking cesspool of trash.
All those assholes deserve to be fired and much more.

Really glad to see more of Buzzfeed's good content hit the spotlight.

kirblar

@Bernstein

In case my earlier tweet was not clear enough, @Olivianuzzi was not part of the email group I described in my story yesterday

11:06 AM - 6 Oct 2017

https://twitter.com/Bernstein/status/916364129706889218

I think this is saying something different than what Chu is saying (talking about two different email threads or exchanges?), but Bernstein just tweeted this.
The issue appears to be here is that Bernstein didn't find anything related to her in his specific research, not that there isn't an issue. It's a clarification he needs to make, but others don't.

pigeon

Banned
People are misreading this. This is not a defense of her. It's clarifying that she was not part of his article and to asking others to make that clear as well, because he did not make that claim.

So more of a legal/ethical defense here, in your view. He's not saying Nuzzi is good, he just wants to be clear that his story doesn't say she's bad. She might be bad separately.

Dan-o

People are misreading this. This is not a defense of her. It's clarifying that she was not part of his article and to asking others to make that clear as well, because he did not make that claim.

That's how I read it. The lawyers probably have a part in ensuring he's clear on that part, too, given all the stuff in the article that is stated as facts.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
This shit is so disgusting. And not surprising at all. White supremacy has always had deep roots in this country. That hasn’t changed, and it’s going to take a monumental movement to even make a dent in it.

The two faced liars and false “allies” of marginalized groups doesn’t surprise me either. Pretending to be pious while high-fiving the devil isn’t surprising either. Shameful and disgusting.

jtb

Banned
Yeah, somewhere between the fawning KAC and Cernovich profiles, I had a pretty good idea that Nuzzi was uncomfortably "both sides"-y with her white feminism bullshit and unfollowed her. Didn't realize she was full blown nazi, but can't say I'm surprised either.

It's all a fucking game to these people.

Yeah, somewhere between the fawning KAC and Cernovich profiles, I had a pretty good idea that Nuzzi was uncomfortably "both sides"-y with her white feminism bullshit and unfollowed her. Didn't realize she was full blown nazi, but can't say I'm surprised either.

It's all a fucking game to these people.

...she's not? at least not yet. she might end up doing so, using the regressive left as a convenient as is depressingly common these days, but she's not there yet.

enabling them isn't exactly the same as being one of them, even if they deserve disapproval all the same.

jtb

Banned
...she's not? at least not yet. she might end up doing so, using the regressive left as a convenient as is depressingly common these days, but she's not there yet.

enabling them isn't exactly the same as being one of them, even if they deserve disapproval all the same.

At this point, the line distinguishing those two things, particularly in light of this Buzzfeed article, is so fucking thin, it exists only to offer them plausible deniability.

She's already pretty public about having been on other email chains, just not the one that were leaked to Buzzfeed. Some journalists, like Dave Weigel, have earned my benefit of the doubt when it comes to being a little too cozy with these alt-right figures. Olivia "Ann Coulter is my personal goddess" Nuzzi is not one of them. I just don't have the patience for this bullshit anymore.

Top Bottom