• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buzzfeed Exposé: Milo, Breitbart Collabed Directly With Nazis For Years

White supremacy has learned to wear a costume of respectability that fools many who aren’t very bothered by it in the first place.

All people ever wanted from white supremacists was plausible deniability.

Couldn't have put it any better. These guys know that the secret is that too many people want to be convinced that they're legitimate so they dress nice, speak nice, and joke nice for people to buy right into them.

D i Z

White supremacy isn't wearing a costume, or new clothes, or new shoes. There is no disguise. They are using fashion as a recruiting method. Period.
And it's working for the people that can't organize themselves to be appreciated day in and day out.
This shit is the same as it always was. Stop shutting your eyes to it and you'll see it as clearly as daylight.

The most disturbing part about this is the various "liberal" people who are secretly shilling for Milo and friends. All of these fuckers need to be named, shamed, and fired.

Yup, a house cleaning is needed. So this is pretty much proof that milo is a nazi and shouldn’t be given any platforms to spread his hate around right?

bfc964966ed48f708e195b60950f5405.jpg

Damn that’s so on the nose.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
And again the alt right is absolutely spot on. They said there was a liberal media conspiracy, and they were right. Because they were running it.

Seriously, there's a very simplistic and obvious pattern here. Any time these people accuse their opponents of underhand dealings, it's to cover for the fact that they're doing exactly what they're accusing others of.

The scary thing is how well it seems to work...

Mechazawa

The Broadly thing is some shit.

You almost, almost expect that sort of behavior from tech writers, but it cropping up there is...yeesh.

tuxfool

Banned
His official statement? He had bad vision and couldn't see the nazi salutes. Hmmmm...

"Recently I learned that Buzzfeed had acquired a large volume of my private emails. Within them are conversations with friends, colleagues and loved ones going back some years. Buzzfeed reproduces some of these emails in its coverage today. In addition, a video has emerged that shows me singing karaoke in a bar in Texas in 2016. Unbeknownst to me, Richard Spencer fans made racist hand gestures during my rendition of “America The Beautiful.” These same racists took a video of the event and sent it to Buzzfeed this week.

As some of you know, I have severely impaired vision and I did not see these hand gestures happen. Here is the statement I have just sent Buzzfeed:

"I have said in the past that I find humor in breaking taboos and laughing at things that people tell me are forbidden to joke about. Everyone who knows me has seen me make jokes about some awful things. But everyone who knows me also knows I'm not a racist. As someone of Jewish ancestry, I of course condemn racism in the strongest possible terms. I have stopped making jokes on these matters because I do not want any confusion on this subject. I disavow Richard Spencer and his entire sorry band of idiots. I have been and am a steadfast supporter of Jews and Israel. I disavow white nationalism and I disavow racism and I always have.

“I have severe myopia, due to a congenital eye defect, as has been widely reported and as many people know or have seen from my squinting during public speeches. In a dark bar, I did not see these hand gestures. If I'd have realized white nationalist losers were hailing me as their leader, I'd have immediately walked off stage. I stand for, as always, race-blind nationalism. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm enjoying my honeymoon with my black husband.”

https://www.facebook.com/myiannopoulos/

suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure

DLZ2Gl2UEAEb4wx.jpg

Couldn't have put it any better. These guys know that the secret is that too many people want to be convinced that they're legitimate so they dress nice, speak nice, and joke nice for people to buy right into them.

Remember how many people dared to say “peaceful Nazis” even right after Charlottesville

Gonna be a long fight

pigeon

Banned
And again the alt right is absolutely spot on. They said there was a liberal media conspiracy, and they were right. Because they were running it.

Seriously, there's a very simplistic and obvious pattern here. Any time these people accuse their opponents of underhand dealings, it's to cover for the fact that they're doing exactly what they're accusing others of.

The scary thing is how well it seems to work...

Weird how they keep accusing us of planning a white genocide.

Wonder what it means?

gfxtwin

While reading replies to the Buzzfeed article also found this:

http://www.thestranger.com/news/201...les-super-secret-white-nationalist-convention

It's one of the events the Swedish organization also infiltrated, from another perspective.

White supremacy has learned to wear a costume of respectability that fools many who aren't very bothered by it in the first place.

The "costume of respectability" thing has been in their tactics for a long time. The most recent tactic is apparently co-opting internet culture, politically incorrect comedy and what they interpret millennial behavior to be. These days it seems they see themselves as hip, online savy IT guys who have great senses of humor that butthurts the oversensitive libtards. They're basically trying to re-frame being a white supremacist as being a nerd, only instead of being heavily into film, literature, videogames, comics and stuff that speaks to a variety of cultures, they are super into geeking out over being white.

Nazis in the woodwork. They were always here, biding their time. Terrifying stuff.

Nah, they are still a tiny extremist minority. There are very few nazis in this country comparative to non-nazis. There is a metric fuckton of people why sympathize with or are apathetic to white supremacy though.

I still don't understand how gay men can have these kind of views. If these far right nutters got their way, who do they think they will come for next after people of colour and jewish people? I can only imagine the thin, brittle layer of tolerance these gay men live under when part of this circle of people.

Wilsongt

I still don't understand how gay men can have these kind of views. If these far right nutters got their way, who do they think they will come for next after people of colour and jewish people? I can only imagine the thin, brittle layer of tolerance these gay men live under when part of this circle of people.

Cognitive dissonance isn't a trait reserved to just straight people.

It can exist everywhere.

Stoop Man

The "costume of respectability" thing has been in their tactics for a long time. The most recent tactic is apparently co-opting internet culture, politically incorrect comedy and what they interpret millennial behavior to be. These days it seems they see themselves as hip, online savy IT guys who have great senses of humor that butthurts the oversensitive libtards. They're basically trying to re-frame being a white supremacist as being a nerd, only instead of being heavily into film, literature, videogames, comics and stuff that speaks to a variety of cultures, they are super into geeking out over being white.

Nah, they are still a tiny extremist minority. There are very few nazis in this country comparative to non-nazis. There is a metric fuckton of people why sympathize with or are apathetic to white supremacy though.

Well, whatever they are, I heard that there could be up to 1-2 million of them, based on traffic to sites like The Daily Stormer. I'll have to look into that study to get more detail.

EDIT: Quick search on unique hit for those sites are more around 300k. However, the interviewee on 1A cited a more specific, controlled estimation. I wish I could remember their name. :\

gfxtwin

Milo is an interesting case, because any gay people I've encountered who is very white & conservative ended up that way due to internalizing self-hatred and acting straight and "normal" as a way of life, with being out and proud LGBTQA... as bad. Milo is young and has apparently been out and proud as a flamboyant gay man for quite a white. It's why I thought he was on some Andy Kauffman shit for so long when I was first exposed to him on podcasts. He was such an absurd contradictory person that it only made sense to me that it was a persona intended to make fun of self-hating gay conservatives. Of course over time there has been less and less evidence to suggest it's a persona.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
also steven bannon writes emails like a fucking moron

Dude---we r in a global existentialist war where our enemy EXISTS in social media and u r jerking yourself off w/ marginalia!!!! U should be OWNING this conversation because u r everything they hate!!! Drop your toys, pick up your tools and go help save western civilization.
Yeah this kind of shocked me, though it probably shouldn't have.

I mean, even some of his detractors assert that he's "smart" or articulate whatever (though I never believed that for a second), and he writes this stupid shit like a basement dwelling 13 year old loser. LOL

they are always projecting

when they talked about a liberal media conspiracy, this is what they did

these guys are scum. they need to be destroyed no excuses.
Fuck, so true, lol... all this garbage about "Soros!!" and "(((globalists))) agenda", meanwhile they take Mercers money to push their disgusting propaganda everywhere.

Fuck the whole lot of them and their insidious "allies".

Bronx-Man

Banned
Is I have a black husband the new I have a black friend?

Well there's the "I have a black wife" variant in the Fantano thread.

I mean, even some of his detractors assert that he's "smart" or articulate whatever (though I never believed that for a second), and he writes this stupid shit like a basement dwelling 13 year old loser. LOL
This is a 60-something-year-old that calls his enemies "cucks" unironically. Dude has fucking issues.

Zelias

Banned
I still struggle to believe it's Buzzfeed of all outlets breaking ground on this. They can publish all the clickbait shite they want though if they keep on doing so. Expose all of Milo's minions.

California needs to sack up and put these Silicon Valley mysogonists and racists in their place. We're in a war, it's time we act like it.

kirblar

"Buzzfeed Expose: How Milo and the Breitbart Machine Laundered Racist/Nazi Hate" might be a good title change (the author gave the piece a similar title like that on twitter)

aeolist

Banned

for one, he's really racist and jives well with that element of the right

and the main thing i think is that he has so much naked ambition and greed coupled with basically no scruples and very little intelligence or talent. he wants to be really famous and make a lot of money and reactionaries are such an easy target even someone as dumb as him can make millions from grifting them.

His official statement? He had bad vision and couldn't see the nazi salutes. Hmmmm...

"Recently I learned that Buzzfeed had acquired a large volume of my private emails. Within them are conversations with friends, colleagues and loved ones going back some years. Buzzfeed reproduces some of these emails in its coverage today. In addition, a video has emerged that shows me singing karaoke in a bar in Texas in 2016. Unbeknownst to me, Richard Spencer fans made racist hand gestures during my rendition of “America The Beautiful.” These same racists took a video of the event and sent it to Buzzfeed this week.

As some of you know, I have severely impaired vision and I did not see these hand gestures happen. Here is the statement I have just sent Buzzfeed:

"I have said in the past that I find humor in breaking taboos and laughing at things that people tell me are forbidden to joke about. Everyone who knows me has seen me make jokes about some awful things. But everyone who knows me also knows I'm not a racist. As someone of Jewish ancestry, I of course condemn racism in the strongest possible terms. I have stopped making jokes on these matters because I do not want any confusion on this subject. I disavow Richard Spencer and his entire sorry band of idiots. I have been and am a steadfast supporter of Jews and Israel. I disavow white nationalism and I disavow racism and I always have.

“I have severe myopia, due to a congenital eye defect, as has been widely reported and as many people know or have seen from my squinting during public speeches. In a dark bar, I did not see these hand gestures. If I'd have realized white nationalist losers were hailing me as their leader, I'd have immediately walked off stage. I stand for, as always, race-blind nationalism. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm enjoying my honeymoon with my black husband.”

https://www.facebook.com/myiannopoulos/

This is my favorite bit:

Anybody who knows me knows I sometimes listen to Jay-Z, and therefore can't be racist.

Lime

The ghost writer for Milo is Allum Bokhari, who uses the name ”LibertarianBlue". LibertarianBlue was in the Burgersandfries chat back in 2014 that gave birth to gamergate and how they organized harassment campaigns against Zoe Quinn and other women.

CIVeLAdUYAAARS2.png

CIVeLHEUEAA2Uq0.png

CIVeLKOUcAAejIV.png

CIVekoOUAAAMvzu.png:large

aeolist

Banned

almost everyone in american politics is a complete fucking moron. the entire establishment on both sides spent a year and billions of dollars to try and beat these people and they lost.

When did buzzfeed go from celeb gossip rag to investigative reporting hub? Genuinely curious.

FUCKING EDIT:
Anybody who knows me knows I sometimes listen to Jay-Z, and therefore can't be racist.

This shit makes me live, oh my god

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
This is some article. Damn.

Milo's passwords reveal his internal self-identity: literally a Nazi. Just in case we weren't 100% sure before.

I love his whiny "I need glasses" response to this article too. Today was a good day.

Famassu

I have sucky vision and being without my glasses won't make me unable to recognize the nazi salute. It's not like it's some subtle, understated sign language that would be hard for a nearsighted person to be able to follow from afar. It's grand fucking posturing. >_>;

kirblar

I have sucky vision and being without my glasses won't make me unable to recognize the nazi salute. It's not like it's some subtle, understated sign language that would be hard for a nearsighted person to be able to follow from afar. It's grand fucking posturing. >_>;
A whole lot of people misplaced their glasses when Laura Ingrahm did it at the goddamn RNC!

IrishNinja

What happens when you get immature millionaires? You get boys club libertarians

yup, no arguments here

Cognitive dissonance isn't a trait reserved to just straight people.

It can exist everywhere.

exactly right

And with this, any person that said "give Milo a platform because freeze peach" is going on my shit list. Permanently.

strong +1

But so many Gaffers were telling me in the "Maher interviews Milo" thread he wasn't a Nazi.

Though looking back through it, most of them are banned now.

yeah, zero surprises here

Is I have a black husband the new I have a black friend?

they had to go somewhere after "I voted Obama" and seeing get out

USA becoming the next Nazi Germany.

there was a great writeup earlier this year about how many of our Jim crow era laws/etc they studied beforehand, so we're playing chicken/egg here

The ghost writer for Milo is Allum Bokhari, who uses the name “LibertarianBlue”. LibertarianBlue was in the Burgersandfries chat back in 2014 that gave birth to gamergate and how they organized harassment campaigns against Zoe Quinn and other women.

CIVeLAdUYAAARS2.png

CIVeLHEUEAA2Uq0.png

CIVeLKOUcAAejIV.png

CIVekoOUAAAMvzu.png:large

goddamn, first time seeing this

*wannabe nazis

I honestly no longer make a distinction between the real ones & their cheerleaders

Top Bottom