• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

C.O.R.E. DS screens

king zell

20.jpg
21.jpg
22.jpg

23.jpg
24.jpg
25.jpg

26.jpg
27.jpg
28.jpg

30.jpg
31.jpg
19.jpg

9.jpg
11.jpg
13.jpg

14.jpg
15.jpg
12.jpg

Avrum

WTF!? I've never even heard of this game? Who's making it, what's it about...the who, what, when, where, why and how of it all must be divulged here and now, please. :p

Seriously though, a bit rough but it looks nice. I'd definitely give it props alongside Hunters and Call of Duty 4 as far as its looks go in comparison to other FPS titles on Wii.

wsippel

Banned
Avrum said:
WTF!? I've never even heard of this game? Who's making it, what's it about...the who, what, when, where, why and how of it all must be divulged here and now, please. :p
Here you go - official PR:

NoWay Studio - a division of QubicGames dedicated to development of games for Nintendo DS today announced its debut title C.O.R.E., which advances players to the year 2050 onto the battleground set in the underground laboratory complex.

We like to think that C.O.R.E. is a classic FPS game which we took to the next level. Our idea was to implement the advanced graphics solutions and make the maximum use of unique features offered by Nintendo DS such as dual screen and touch-screen control system. Thanks to that we came up with unprecedented gaming experience packed with a multitude of weapons, eerie enemies and primarily groundbraking gameplay and original storyline” - said Lukasz Zarnowiecki - team leader at NoWay Studio. Furthermore a number of multiplayer modes offered will satisfy picky hardcore gamers” - he added.

Indeed C.O.R.E. tells the story of a US Marine sent to discover the mysteries behind the door of a top secret US Army lab complex built to research the effects of the meteor crash from years ago. The gruesome discoveries of the marine are empahsised by sinister interior of the complex while the heavy music escalates the ever-intensifing action and dark morbid ambience.

C.O.R.E. is scheduled to be completed in Q4 this year, while the first previews of the game will be offered to publishers and press representatives at Games Convention in Leipzig. For more information on the game please visit http://www.corethegame.com

wsippel

Banned
Game info:

- 14 nonlinear levels
- 20 different enemies
- 8 different weapons
- vehicles
- 3 multiplayer modes (death match, team arena, CTF)
- single cart multplayer for up to four players
- multiplayer statistics

Engine info:

- Custom engine
- Full realtime lighting
- Day/ night system
- Weather effects
- Full screen effects
- Dynamic texture streaming
- Geometry and animation LOD
- Texture mipmapping
- Full 3D sound

wsippel said:
Game info:

- 14 nonlinear levels
- 20 different enemies
- 8 different weapons
- vehicles
- 3 multiplayer modes (death match, team arena, CTF)
- single cart multplayer for up to four players
- multiplayer statistics

Uh, wow, this game sounds extremely bare-bones.

Sound can be 3D now? :lol

duffey

Man this game is totally borrowing everything from Quake 2. The website even has that same kind of music. Looks pretty good for the DS though, I'll definitely keep this on my radar.

nightside

Looks good, looks "quakey" and makes me wonder...why iD don't port quake 1/2, doom 1/2, hexen (ect) on ds instead of...orcs&elves?

wsippel

Banned
nightside said:
Looks good, looks "quakey" and makes me wonder...why iD don't port quake 1/2, doom 1/2, hexen (ect) on ds instead of...orcs&elves?
According to some French website, Wiiz.fr if I remember correctly, Quake Arena and Wolfenstein are coming to DS.

"looks alright"? it looks damn good for a DS game when you think about levels being larger then one room and having enemies all over etc.

WIll have to see it in motion, but i'll chalk this up on my list of games to buy easily.

epmode said:
I can't think of a worse genre to put on the DS. Did anyone actually like Metroid Hunters?
If the game was less of a snooze in single player, yes I found it great. The main bad point was just how boring the searching was.

NotWii

Banned
epmode said:
I can't think of a worse genre to put on the DS. Did anyone actually like Metroid Hunters?
The problem wasn't because Hunters was an FPS, it was because it was a Metroid FPS.
FPSs are great for DS

pulga

Banned
Indeed C.O.R.E. tells the story of a US Marine sent to discover the mysteries behind the door of a top secret US Army lab complex built to research the effects of the meteor crash from years ago.

Rock on, SpaceMarine confirmed, hopefully of the bald variety.

I just been reading up info on the website, all I can say is if they pull this off I will be extremely happy.

Nice to also read that it's going to support 4 player multi with 1 card.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Feels like one of those tech demo games where some unknown developer has made a decent-to-good 3D engine for DS and wants to show it off by throwing together a game based around it.

aeolist

Banned
Nice graphics for the DS. I like first-person touchscreen control so I'll wait for some videos and impressions before I make up my mind on this one.

Baryn said:
Oh, a generic FPS that looks like the shit I took after Thanksgiving. :(

...on DS! :D

I wonder what you play on you ds that looks better than that....oh wait you probably dont have a ds....

Jacobi

Banned
Looks like absolute crap
but hey, it's OK for DS
Seriously, why are people developing stuff like this for DS, how many portable ego-shooters have sold well? They need to doctor the screens way more if they want to sell units (to people who judge by boxes). Kinda reminds me of Jedi Knight and Riddick though.

Jacobi said:
Looks like absolute crap
but hey, it's OK for DS
Seriously, why are people developing stuff like this for DS, how many portable ego-shooters have sold well? They need to doctor the screens way more if they want to sell units (to people who judge by boxes). Kinda reminds me of Jedi Knight and Riddick though.
1. It doesn't look like crap.

2. Hunters sold pretty well and is the 4th most online played DS game last week.

3. Have you played Hunters? Obviously not. The FPS-Controls on the DS rock dual analogue's ass once you get the hang of it.

Jacobi said:
Looks like absolute crap
but hey, it's OK for DS

I think it looks quite interesting but hey im sure you think psp games suck to because they dont look like next gen graphics.....

MisterHero

epmode said:
I did. Story mode was boring but the gameplay mechanics and the stages were really well done otherwise.

Top Bottom