• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cabal me excited - Destiny 2 Gameplay today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViciousDS

Banned
Im not sure but i think the game gonna be "Xbox play anywhere" ...

yes, and the xbox saves would be tied to the windows 10 store

while the steam/blizzard version will be PS4

of which we know which is going to obviously be used more.

I could easily see this happening, they would want to keep xbox players locked into that ecosystem on PC. Play Anywhere would be one way to do it with that cross save rumor

Does this mean that you could start a character on PC, play for 20 hours, then pick up and play that same character on PS4 (or vice versa)?

I don't know. My hope is that you can log in on either platform and continue.

Honestly, that's what I want for all three. I have friends on each system, and I'm happy to triple dip if it means I only have to play one set of characters.

nowai

I've heard a few things from a few folks who have played the game.

- 60fps (from multiple first hand sources)
- PS4 and PC Cross-Save (not Cross-Play), and Microsoft is holding back the Cross Save for XBox
- Optimized for PS4 Pro, the next PS4, and Scorpio
- More exclusive PS4 content, again. Ugh.

Can't reveal my sources, so feel free to disregard all of that as conjecture. I'm personally hoping that we get Cross-Save for all three platforms.

Shuuuuuuuuuut the fuck up!!! I hope you're not just trolling us.

I would easily double dip on PC/PS4 if I can use my same account!

Shuuuuuuuuuut the fuck up!!! I hope you're not just trolling us.

I would easily double dip on PC/PS4 if I can use my same account!

I'm not trolling at all, but there's ENTIRELY a chance that I've been lied to.

60FPS is a fucking sure thing, though. Not sure about locked 60 on XBO/PS4, but 60 nonetheless.

ViciousDS

Banned
I don't know. My hope is that you can log in on either platform and continue.

Honestly, that's what I want for all three. I have friends on each system, and I'm happy to triple dip if it means I only have to play one set of characters.

yes, this would be absolutely killer......I would love this. Lugging around my PC is a pain in the ass, so me and my buddy being able to just buy the game twice and chill with our Pro's would be fucking AWESOME.

Hope you have some good sources buddy, wouldn't want your account getting banned

-hadouken

$10 says it's not 60fps. Any takers? edit (talking consoles not PC)

The original Destiny was clearly targeted towards providing parity between systems. Even when catering to two seperate gens they opted to limit the PS4/X1 versions to 30fps (games such as Battlefield 4 opted to push for 60 on the new hardware of the time). It'll be 4K 30 native scorpio, 4K CB 30 Pro, and 1080P 30 for the old boxes.

Neolombax

Well, i have been playing Battlefield 1 for a few months now and I just love how shooting at someone means they will go down.

With Destiny, the net code fucking sucked. Gun balance was total shit. ARs and even Pulse rifles were shit for months. It had way too many one hit kill weapons... shotguns, grenades, melees, snipers and supers. They need to completely revamp that and go with a 60 fps target. i dont care if they cant consistently hit it.

Graphics better get a massive upgrade too. Destiny looked great but very last gen.

I guess i am surprised i am no longer excited about Destiny 2. They need to do a lot to impress me.

Destiny looked last gen to you? I still think Destiny is one of the better looking games on the PS4.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
$10 says it's not 60fps. Any takers?

The original Destiny was clearly targeted towards providing parity between systems. Even when catering to two seperate gens they opted to limit the PS4/X1 versions to 30fps (games such as Battlefield 4 opted to push for 60 on the new hardware of the time). It'll be 4K 30 native scorpio, 4K CB 30 Pro, and 1080P 30 for the old boxes.
I'm 50/50 on if it will be or not. Almost every major FPS series has made the jump to 60 so there's a lot of pressure from the competition however Destiny's enemy counts, partical systems, and large play spaces would likely undermine that goal. The first game clearly had a lot of overhead on current platforms so there's plenty of room for technical improvement no matter what they target.

The only thing that I think is odd is that they're showcasing the PC version alongside the PS4 version at the reveal. Given the tight marketing deal, it seems like that wouldn't happen if the PC version completely blows it out of the water.

E92 M3

60FPS is a fucking sure thing, though. Not sure about locked 60 on XBO/PS4, but 60 nonetheless.

I'd hate it if it was 60 fps and the visuals were sacrificed. Destiny 1 was a beautiful game that ran flawlessly at 30f fps. I didn't mind it one bit.

What are you smokin man. Warlock jumps are without a doubt the trashiest jumps in the game.

You're doing it wrong. Warlock jumps are actually very dope if used right.

$10 says it's not 60fps. Any takers? edit (talking consoles not PC)

Sure, I'll take that bet.

I think last time they were aiming for parity between old gen and new gen, and all the systems were new, so optimization was more difficult. I'd be floored if D2 wasn't 60fps.

-hadouken

I'm 50/50 on if it will be or not. Almost every major FPS series has made the jump to 60 so there's a lot of pressure from the competition however Destiny's enemy counts, partical systems, and large play spaces would likely undermine that goal. The first game clearly had a lot of overhead on current platforms so there's plenty of room for technical improvement no matter what they target.

The only thing that I think is odd is that they're showcasing the PC version alongside the PS4 version at the reveal. Given the tight marketing deal, it seems like that wouldn't happen if the PC version completely blows it out of the water.
Yeah, hard to know how they'll handle the PC version. As for the consoles versions - I think it's pretty clear that 60fps is just not something that they value as a studio. The casual clusterfucky PVP in D1 is also a pretty decent sign that things the "competitive" community value are not high on Bungie's list of priorities.

Sure, I'll take that bet.

I think last time they were aiming for parity between old gen and new gen, and all the systems were new, so optimization was more difficult. I'd be floored if D2 wasn't 60fps.
You're on! :)

E92 M3

I don't even think I know warlock mains that think the jump is dope. I am curious though what do you like about it?

You can warlock skate, you can hover when needing to avoid damage or recover, or you can control the height of your jump. I see a lot of people forgetting to disengage their jump and just float slowly. Yeah, using that perpetually would suck for anyone.

The warlock jump is unique and has a lot of fun applications in the right circumstances. It does not suck at all. Hell, one of my fastest relic times (oryx) was with a warlock.

Trace

Banned
You can warlock skate, you can hover when needing to avoid damage or recover, or you can control the height of your jump. I see a lot of people forgetting to disengage their jump and just float slowly. Yeah, using that perpetually would suck for anyone.

The warlock jump is unique and has a lot of fun applications in the right circumstances. It does not suck at all. Hell, one of my fastest relic times (oryx) was with a warlock.

After using a Bones of Eao hunter most of the time, the Warlock jump is just unusable. You have no control in comparison.

Neolombax

I don't even think I know warlock mains that think the jump is dope. I am curious though what do you like about it?

I've been maining a warlock since vanilla. Since I've never tried any other different class, I'm not sure why people are saying the jump is bad. To be fair, I think warlocks glide and hover, more than they jump. That said, hovering has saved my ass from plunging to my death during platforming numerous times. So yeah, maybe the whole glide/hover is dope, not the jump. Sure we don't get double/triple jumps like Hunters do, but I don't feel the need to do so.

jadedm17

I just want to shotgun blink jump again.

Sorry. Too fun.

I'll be there day one for many hours whatever happens.

Ramirez

I've heard a few things from a few folks who have played the game.

- 60fps (from multiple first hand sources)
- PS4 and PC Cross-Save (not Cross-Play), and Microsoft is holding back the Cross Save for XBox
- Optimized for PS4 Pro, the next PS4, and Scorpio
- More exclusive PS4 content, again. Ugh.

Can't reveal my sources, so feel free to disregard all of that as conjecture. I'm personally hoping that we get Cross-Save for all three platforms.

60 FPS on console even though no Bungie game has ever went above 30? Doubt it.

I now main a warloc most of the time and the jump is just ..... lets be political...a lot of miss and elation when you hit...(kings fall puzle jumps...waves my sunbreakers at you, you mother..... jump)

E92 M3

After using a Bones of Eao hunter most of the time, the Warlock jump is just unusable. You have no control in comparison.

Bones haven't come off my Hunter since HoW - I love them. What I am saying is that the Warlock jump has a lot of neat applications and is not useless at all with plenty of control.

Trace

Banned
what the fuck does cross-save mean vs cross-play?

You can play your same character but not same servers?

That would mean you could sign into your PS4 or PC and play the same character, but you're restricted to playing with PS4 players on PS4 and PC players on PC. No playing with PS4 players while you're playing on PC and vice versa.

hydruxo

I don't think I could ever main a warlock, just because of the fact the glide feels so miserable in comparison to the hunter's jump. Titan is a nice middle ground where you have more control but it's still rather floaty. I already know I'm going to main a hunter again in D2, just because of the jump lol.

jeffc919

I may be in the minority but I hope we get all new class abilities. I don't really care how they explain that away from a story perspective (since I don't care about the story).

GhaleonEB

I'm crazy excited, but also crazy busy with work. Which has worked out well, since the time has flown by.

Which reminds me, I need to schedule a very important, um, meeting on Thursday.

ViciousDS

Banned
I'm crazy excited, but also crazy busy with work. Which has worked out well, since the time has flown by.

"Hey Cindy, take messages for all my calls.......Thursday starting at noon. Thanks!"

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

I got a sub for the first part of my shift on Thursday so I could watch this live. It was originally starting half an hour before my shift.

psyfi

Banned
I don't think I could ever main a warlock, just because of the fact the glide feels so miserable in comparison to the hunter's jump. Titan is a nice middle ground where you have more control but it's still rather floaty. I already know I'm going to main a hunter again in D2, just because of the jump lol.
Yup, same. It bums me out that the other classes have such terrible jumps, I never played them after I hit the level cap in year 1. I hope Bungie just gives them all double jump, or comes up with better alternatives.

I guess it's just taste, been a Titan since day one and the drop in momentum absolutely throws me off.

CREMSteve

Me too. I've set my schedule so that I'm out of the building in time to watch the reveal. I'll work the rest of my day from home.

Ivan

I wonder how will it feel on a mouse...
I never liked halo that way, this is similar.

But yeah, hype :)

nowai

I hope they at least go the Uncharted route and 30fps for pve and 60fps for pvp.

I'll be playing PC mainly, but I would love to raid with my PS4 friends I have made over the years.

everyer

Totally agreed. Even when he told me the codename, I called bullshit, but he assured me it was legit.

I'm not in the market for another PS4 this year. I just picked up the Pro. I'm gonna be real unhappy if there's another one in 2017.

this 90% will be true. it is said there will be a new ps4, maybe ps4 pro slim edition...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom