• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

California: Black People Are Now White People

Taxexemption

Oct 11, 2011
Pretty sure that's based on how successful the group is. Some African immigrant groups are highly successful when they move to the US. They probably are categorizing those groups as white so AA won't apply.

JordanN

Apr 21, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
Pretty sure that's based on how successful the group is. Some African immigrant groups are highly successful when they move to the US. They probably are categorizing those groups as white so AA won't apply.
Somali's are actually the poorest group in the USA. They make less money on average than even native born African Americans.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: ZZZZ

Cato

China delenda est
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
USC admission guidelines”

hey, I white now. Want to get some potato salad and listen to some contemporary christian music?
Welcome.
You want to come over for a BBQ and listen to some Willie Nelson?

Always nice when more people join the white people club. You might meet my Thai neighbors. They are white too!

• Strength
Reactions: joe_zazen

ipukespiders

Oct 9, 2006
Admission guidelines? Isn't that your grades? Granted, it's been a while since my brief University stint.

jonnyp

Jan 12, 2008
Why is an admission guideline divided into racial groups in the first place? It's hilarious they don't see that it's actually racist.

BLAUcopter

Jul 4, 2016
USC admission guidelines”

hey, I white now. Want to get some potato salad and listen to some contemporary christian music?
So if I owned a business, I'd need to hire at least one of each (skill level or qualifications wouldnt matter of course) but no European's or I'll be labeled a racist?

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
pretty cool that we were able to be racist towards middle easterners for 20 years and then suddenly decide they are white people, the only racism is between whites & blacks

then again CRT is basically a form of mental disease by liberal white racists who think they are allies and are impressing their lunacy on us. these are the same fuckheads who voted for the War on Terror.

Reactions: cryptoadam

Arkam

Jan 21, 2012
Here, Now and maybe later
Mutts like me make this system unworkable. I fall into Black, Hispanic, AMerican Indian and White according to this. I am positive, If I asked them which one I should mark, they will say "Which ever you identify with".... making this all pointless.

Boss Mog

Dec 12, 2013
The red circle should encompass the whole column, none of those people are white. So many muslim countries in that "white" column, I guess soon they'll be blaming islamic terror attacks on white people.

Last edited:

RokkanStoned

Jan 14, 2018
Norway
Syrian I can get (the whole "white" as a category is ridiculous, but Syrians are definitely "white", as in they're light-skinned people with low skin pigmentation. Same with all the Mesopotamian area of peoples), but Somali and Sudanese? Wtf? Google "Somali people" or "Sudanese people" and you'll understand how retarded it is. While those countries have had a lot of arab contacts throughout history, it isn't to the degree to dismiss that they're black. More so since these are groups that have had problem integrating (in Norway at least) and are suffering socioeconomically.

Honestly, this categorization of people is honestly problematic in and of itself. This wouldn't fly in Norway. We don't do pigmentation categorization, because we view that as racist, and we instead only note ethnicity.

RX-78-2

Nov 11, 2015
Black Americans should remain a unique category. Stop mashing in African immigrants and others. They don’t even see themselves as the same.