Call of Cthulu in development for PC/next-gen consoles by Frogwares (Sherlock Holmes)

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
i'm on boards as a big fan of horror games, ps4 games and the cthulu mythos (despite lovecraft being a huge douche) - any idea if these devs are any good?

Looks good, focus seems like they are involved in a ton of different games. They announce something new every few weeks or so.

I'm really interested in this.

i'm on boards as a big fan of horror games, ps4 games and the cthulu mythos (despite lovecraft being a huge douche) - any idea if these devs are any good?
From memory Frogwares have been around for years and produced the Sherlock Holmes games and a few other adventure games. They aren't astounding games but i haven't heard anything bad about them for a good long while.

For this kind of game i'd say they were a good solid choice but i may be mistaken. Regardless, i'm in anyway! Love me some cthulu even if HP was a douche.

Well the dev seems to make adventure games.

They made the sherlock holmes adventure games apparently, are they any good?
If it's that most recent one, I hear it's actually supposed to be quite good.

Also, looks like I need to make another dent in that complete works of Lovecraft I have laying around.

Interesting, as long as it's not a shooter.

By the way, it made me think : couldn't Guillermo del Toro recycle his At the Mountains of Madness project into a videogame ?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
From memory Frogwares have been around for years and produced the Sherlock Holmes games and a few other adventure games. They aren't astounding games but i haven't heard anything bad about them for a good long while.

For this kind of game i'd say they were a good solid choice but i may be mistaken. Regardless, i'm in anyway! Love me some cthulu even if HP was a douche.
ohh those sherlock pncs are actually pretty solid! that bodes well for this, as a more deliberately paced horror adventure sounds like a great idea.

Horrible glitches happening to me on DCOE on Xbox aside, I will be optimistic for this. Frogwares did some really suitable shit with creepy Watson. Honestly, I'm not joking.

Frogwares? I'm sure it will be an alright adventure game then but I'm still waiting for that TRUE Cthulhu game. Even Dark Corners of the Earth couldn't satisfy it.

it's great to see so many people love Dark Corners! Me too I still have it for Xbox even if I don't own the console anymore
Dark Corners is fantastic and the escape from innsmouth is one of my favourite sequences in any game. So tense and scary, i love it.

However, Frogwares don't make action games so i suspect this will be more cerebral than visceral. Not that i care, as long as it's decent i'm getting this whatever genre it is.