• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 2021 Appears On Battle Net, Codenamed "Slipstream" With Logo

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Reliable insider and leaker, Tom Henderson, has spotted the upcoming Call of Duty title for 2021 on Battle.net, after it was added to the platform on June 29th.

Of course, the title isn’t playable, and simply appears as a developer build with some boring numbers attached. But what is interesting is the codename that appears for the upcoming Call of Duty title, as well as the accompanying logo.

ZywyPL

Banned
Slipstream... Why when I read it I see this:

battlefield-2042.jpg

The reveal will take place during the upcoming PSX event right?

SJRB

Gold Member
a45eea0a9ec7239dc46b271a41d56193.png

Reminds me of Top Gun, more than anything.

But if it's WWII it's an automatic GG. How stupid must you be to go WWII at this point in time?

Last edited:
I'm telling you now if WZ gets a substantial WW2 update with, like; weapons, vehicles, characters, and a map update, then I'm gonna fuckin' freak.

I need it so bad.

Warzone needs a new map completely. Its getting tiresome and boring with the same one for a year and a half. WZ is a combination of all MW games. We need new stuff from BLOPS like we had with BLOPS4. Also there have been 5 COD WW2 titles that can be used as inspiration for a WW2 BR map.

Last edited:

carlosrox

Banned
Its getting tiresome and boring with the same one for a year and a half.

1984 has been a pretty significant change though. Plus they added tons of weapons and other stuff too. Rebirth Island, different level gimmicks, Zombies, etc.

I dunno how they'll work in the WW2 stuff and make it feel good without it just being its own little map or something though. Just putting in WW2 weapons wouldn't really cut it.

Maybe they'll replace Rebirth Island with WW2 stuff or something.

Kerotan

I'm telling you now if WZ gets a substantial WW2 update with, like; weapons, vehicles, characters, and a map update, then I'm gonna fuckin' freak.

I need it so bad.
If they get rid of modern weapons it will die. Make a second map with ww2 weapons if they want but I reckon we'll get a small rebirth ww2 map.

1984 has been a pretty significant change though. Plus they added tons of weapons and other stuff too. Rebirth Island, different level gimmicks, Zombies, etc.

I dunno how they'll work in the WW2 stuff and make it feel good without it just being its own little map or something though. Just putting in WW2 weapons wouldn't really cut it.

Maybe they'll replace Rebirth Island with WW2 stuff or something.

I mean they changed a few textures and added the Nakatomi Plazza and that rail at the dam but overall the map is unchanged. You still got docks, park, airport, atc tower...i donno its getting boring for me personally to play same map over and over.

VN1X

Banned
It's just the internal codename for this year's CoD, which will be CoD WWII Vanguard by Sledgehammer.

Cold War had the codename The Red Door (which ended up being a big part of the narrative of that game's story campaign).

BB16OoUH.img

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
Activision can really make a new call of duty game in just couple months yow
Well yes and no. According to rumours floating around this year's CoD is in an even bigger mess than Cold War. So much so that pretty much all CoD studios (around 6 or more from the top of my head) are helping out in some capacity to get it across the finish line in time for release.

Last edited:

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I've heard those rumors about development being behind and an all hands on deck situation. But was Cold War really that rocky of a launch? I don't remember a lot of complaints about it.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
So how is it and does it look better than previous games?

It has pretty small size, I know it's alpha, but still...

carlosrox

Banned
So is the WW2 thing true? How about it being tied with WZ?

Any place on YouTube or Twitter or whatever one can follow for COD stuff?

Top Bottom