Call of Duty 3 still a PS3 launch title

#1
A week before Activision posts its Q1 earnings (and forecast for Q2 inc. PS3 launch), the Call of Duty 3 game information page on Activision's website drops 'PlayStation 3' as a designated platform for the Fall 2006 release date.
http://www.activision.com/en_US/game_specific/c0a7108e-5a90-403c-9179-f090eb6f6a2e.html

PlayStation 3 is still listed for the other two announced launch titles of Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and Tony Hawk's Project 8. Commence eyebrow raise.

[Update]PlayStation 3 is now listed. Go go web developer incompetence!
 
#8
Probably delayed like some other games.

Not that it really matters, people would be best off ignoring this and waiting for the real Call of Duty sequel. Or at least Brothers in Arms 3.
 
#9
PjotrStroganov said:
No IW = nobody cares.
Out of the million or so who bought Call of Duty 2 on 360, how many do you think even care that Infinity Ward made it, or taking it a step further, care or know that they are not making CoD3.
 

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
#10
GitarooMan said:
Out of the million or so who bought Call of Duty 2 on 360, how many do you think even care that Infinity Ward made it, or taking it a step further, care or know that they are not making CoD3.
Nobody on GAF cares, more appropriatley! I bet people here care.

The game is gonna sell a ton even if Treyarch just craps in a box.
 
#11
Dizzy said:
Probably delayed like some other games.

Not that it really matters, people would be best off ignoring this and waiting for the real Call of Duty sequel. Or at least Brothers in Arms 3.

Damn, and I was really looking forward to Big Red One 2 on PS3. :D
 
#15
Y2Kevbug11 said:
Nobody on GAF cares, more appropriatley! I bet people here care.

The game is gonna sell a ton even if Treyarch just craps in a box.
Yeah, that was sort of my point, here it's like a crime against humanity, to the normal Best Buy joe it doesn't really enter the equation.
 
#16
GitarooMan said:
Out of the million or so who bought Call of Duty 2 on 360, how many do you think even care that Infinity Ward made it, or taking it a step further, care or know that they are not making CoD3.
Don't take it so seriously will ya.;)
 
#19
Kabouter said:
Eh, I DO care.
And hundreds of thousands of other people do too.
Doesn't it get old though?? CoD3 doesn't even look next gen....I would care if it were a high budget next gen game but it isn't and it offers nothing new...same old shit over and over again..
 
#24
I think it could be for 2 reasons:
1. They don't think it will be ready
2. They saw the success of games that came out for 360 after launch, saw how well they sold, and figured it would sell better after launch when the market is not flooded with new games.
 
#26
This game was going to be overshadowed by Resistance anyways. As much as I don't like how resistance looks, it's still magnitudes more interesting that cod3.
 
#30
After this news, Ted Price must be opening a bottle of champaigne in his office. Being the only FPS at launch, and supporting 40 players online multiplayer, i guess that Resistance will sell A LOT this christmas season.
 

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
#33
CoD3 is the only WWII fps coming this holiday, so missing some revenue on that opportunity must rather annoy Activision, if this is true.

More generally, expect PS3's launch lineup to be pretty fluid until closer to launch. We're bound to see plusses and minuses to the launch catalog in the interim.
 
#34
SaggyMonkey said:
I'd be willing to bet it's just a site error.
It's a weird error, considering they announced it for them all consoles, had them all listed, then pulled the PS3 listing. I don't know why they would do that.
 
#38
Note to Activision (or any multiplatform developer in general):

I will not freakin' buy ANY of your games PERIOD if they're not released on the PS3 on time, you can kiss my $60 goodbye you god damn freakin' bastards.
 
#43
Kittonwy said:
Note to Activision (or any multiplatform developer in general):

I will not freakin' buy ANY of your games PERIOD if they're not released on the PS3 on time, you can kiss my $60 goodbye you god damn freakin' bastards.
so you won't buy a game that you want to play because the dev took their time to make sure that they put out a product up to their quality expectations? please provide me with a mind being blow smiley.
 
#44
Kittonwy said:
Note to Activision (or any multiplatform developer in general):

I will not freakin' buy ANY of your games PERIOD if they're not released on the PS3 on time, you can kiss my $60 goodbye you god damn freakin' bastards.

Tell 'em why you mad son.




:lol
 
#46
meltpotato said:
so you won't buy a game that you want to play because the dev took their time to make sure that they put out a product up to their quality expectations? please provide me with a mind being blow smiley.
Depending on what their definition of quality is, if other devs can ship quality games on time, if they need more people on the project to make the deadline, do it or they lose the sale.
 
#47
Kittonwy said:
Depending on what their definition of quality is, if other devs can ship quality games on time, if they need more people on the project to make the deadline, do it or they lose the sale.
uh.. its not that simple.

regardless, don't you like games? don't you want to play games that you enjoy? who cares if the PS3 version arrives late as long as you want to play it.
 
#48
meltpotato said:
uh.. its not that simple.

regardless, don't you like games? don't you want to play games that you enjoy? who cares if the PS3 version arrives late as long as you want to play it.
I don't think your attempts to inject logic and rationality into the discussion will yield much benefit. You'll just get buried in an avalanche of baby pictures and smilies.
 
#50
I've heard nothing about Call of Duty 3 specifically, but I know that there are a handful of multiplatform titles that are becoming more or less de facto Xbox 360 exclusives because of development issues related to the complicated PS3 architecture. It wouldn't surprise me of CoD3 was one of them.