• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Vidpixel

Wait, Stim is like...juggernaut??

I thought it just regenerated your health faster.

I'd be careful with exo buffs. Some abilities like invisibility would be used more for camping, while others like Overclock would make the speed of the game even more insane. It definitely feels that most people will forgo exo abilities, but they need to be adjusted individually, because I think they add an interesting twist to the gameplay.

Yeah, Stim boosts your health a little bit. Not a big fan of those kinds of abilities, but since you can only use it once in one life, it's hardly worth it.

That's why, while all the Exo Abilities are pretty much not worth their point value in the Pick 13 system, at least they aren't completely overpowered. But a part of me wishes these new abilities added more to the experience than they currently do, but I have no idea what the right way to go about making them more meaningful would be while maintaining some semblance of balance.

Don't see how its cheap, if you're going to put an ability in to silence your footsteps you ought to be able to hear footsteps.

Sorry, I didn't mean to call it cheap.

I don't like that silencing footsteps is an exo ability though, since abilities are useless

I liked the sound design in COD4. I could hear all kinds of footsteps and didn't need headphones to get an advantage. I don't know how I feel about people buying expensive headphones and getting an advantage that way.

What needs to be fixed?

EDIT: And I agree about Exo abilites. I really cannot find a use for them. I only see people use cloak, which is a pretty shitty cloak if I might add.

Can't imagine them buffing exo abilities either though, Any significant buff would make people angry, I'd imagine. Especially if we see more shields, invisibility, etc.

The description says, "Temporarily generate health beyond normal levels." I thought at first glance that it was a healing thing too, but it doesn't seem to affect your recovery rate. So it seems to be just a straight up health boost. :\

Yeah, Stim boosts your health a little bit. Not a big fan of those kinds of abilities, but since you can only use it once in one life, it's hardly worth it.

That's why, while all the Exo Abilities are pretty much not worth their point value in the Pick 13 system, at least they aren't completely overpowered. But a part of me wishes these new abilities added more to the experience than they currently do, but I have no idea what the right way to go about making them more meaningful would be while maintaining some semblance of balance.

I'm all for better exo abilities, but artificially changing health and damage is something I really dislike.

Not sure how I would balance abilities though. It would have been nice if some like hover didn't require an action and were just passive abilities.

The ground stomp should have also been a more effective, passive ability, in my opinion, sort of like in Crysis...maybe.

Stim should have just been a faster health regeneration, shield is fine, cloak *maybe* needs better camo when moving (and less when standing still to deter campers)..but then again, that would probably be overused.

It's bothering me that there is such a significant new addition that is so underutilized lol. I no longer use exo abilities, but still, I'd like to see them sprinkled more effectively in the game.

sinnergy

For me MW>>>>>AW>>MW2>>>> all other CODS, complete and utter shit.

For the first time after MW i am hooked on COD again, Sledgehammer did a awesome job. But hey this is just my opinion. ;)

The Beard

Feels like playing hardcore mode with this ttk.

That's exactly what it's like in a lot of matches. If im consistently being killed with 1-2 shots, It shouldn't take me 5-6 shots to kill them. You almost have to play Hardcore mode just to balance things out.

I've given up. While the netcode is atrocious, my biggest problem is the insane amount of dying on spawn. There's simply nowhere safe in this game, there's always someone near you and it results in instant-death. I don't understand how I can kill the entire team in TDM within 3 seconds of one another, only to then run into 5 players all at once 1-2 seconds later.

It almost feels like spawn trapping or revenge spawns, with a vengeance. Stealth play is officially dead - SH has gone above and beyond to make this game nothing but careless run n' gun. Reminds me of the nonstop air support killstreak chains in MW2, except instead if being bombarded from air support, you're being spawned between the entire opposing team.

I decided to pop in Titanfall again and the stress is wiped away instantly. It's a shame there's only a handfull of people playing it.

Daffy Duck

I'm finding the Exo Ping ability to be pretty useful.

I played around with it last night and it was very useful.

I think the time to regen your health needs decreasing, it seems to last forever.

Also what's the perk/killstreak whatever that makes people's characters appear as red every so often?

teokrazia

My PS4 copy arrived.
Played some MP games.
DualShock 4 suits very well the gameplay.
Graphics-wise I was expecting that it was going to retain better was I saw on PC, but it's scaled down in alot of stuff, Muh.

Korten

Banned
Huh, after looking around on the CoD Wiki I discovered that the actor who play Gideon, is actually named Gideon. From his pictures, it's obvious that like Jack and Irons, his character was too based on him physically (and it seems name wise as well.)

Also kind of weird on the CoD wiki that most of the characters biography's are filled out but Jack Mitchel's is less than half way done. o_O

I also just for some reason just realized that the IMR in the Multiplayer is the starting gun in the SP... For some reason I thought they were different.

I played around with it last night and it was very useful.

I think the time to regen your health needs decreasing, it seems to last forever.

Also what's the perk/killstreak whatever that makes people's characters appear as red every so often?

exo ping or uav upgrade will mark enemies. also the drone

z3phon

Anyone experiencing a lot of lag tonight on the ps4?
The first few days had been great but now the lags making the game unplayable.

Sojgat

Anyone experiencing a lot of lag tonight on the ps4?
The first few days had been great but now the lags making the game unplayable.

Exact opposite here (Australia).

It was terrible since launch, but I've been getting good connections most of the day today, with very little lag. Makes a world of difference. I go from getting 1-2 kills for every death to 10+.

Here on the west coast of the US I had excellent connection tonight. Went positive in every game I played.

That fucking heavy weapon laser gun is OP as fuck. You don't even have to aim down sight with it. And it has unlimited ammo. I usually run out of ammo fast as well and this gun doesn't.

SMGs continue to be useless to me though. There are no situations where I dont feel better off if I had an AR. For me an AR is always more beneficial, no matter the map or scenario.

I've given up. While the netcode is atrocious, my biggest problem is the insane amount of dying on spawn. There's simply nowhere safe in this game, there's always someone near you and it results in instant-death. I don't understand how I can kill the entire team in TDM within 3 seconds of one another, only to then run into 5 players all at once 1-2 seconds later.

It almost feels like spawn trapping or revenge spawns, with a vengeance. Stealth play is officially dead - SH has gone above and beyond to make this game nothing but careless run n' gun. Reminds me of the nonstop air support killstreak chains in MW2, except instead if being bombarded from air support, you're being spawned between the entire opposing team.

I decided to pop in Titanfall again and the stress is wiped away instantly. It's a shame there's only a handfull of people playing it.
Agreed!

G_Berry

Banned

I think the maps a just a little too small for the insane amount of movement each play has.

TheRed

Going through second playthrough on veteran. Cormack is my favorite in-game model, he looks great. His armor is badass too. Pretty much all the models impressed me honestly.
15730394145_57bdcce566_o.png

You're making me not want to pick up this COD but that's ok because Titanfall is such a beast. Are you on PC? because there's tons of people on Xbox One

Striek

Game needs 50% higher TTK and strangely enough for a CoD title; considerably bigger melee range. Unless you literally press against an enemy without realising it pays better to always shoot in extreme close range which is weird as fuck.

With those tweaks combat would be pretty perfect.

That's what I've noticed most about this game, although I really like it there are times where it gets absolutely ridiculous. You can't really stop and take a breather because if you do someone is surely coming up behind you for a kill.

JayEH

I just realized that you lose ammo when you reload in MP. That has to be a bug, right?

Edit: You actually don't lose it all the time. Bug confirmed?

If you shoot more than 3 bullets you lose all the ammo in the clip. How does that get by QA?

Sojgat

I just realized that you lose ammo when you reload in MP. That has to be a bug, right?

Edit: You actually don't lose it all the time. Bug confirmed?

Press reload button once - normal reload
Tap reload button twice - fast reload, you lose the ammo in your current mag

That's how it's meant to work, but at the moment the game just does whatever it feels like. It's a bug.

I'm really trying to like this game, I love the game itself, but the netcode.. Whew.

If I start shooting first, don't miss a shot, and get head shots; I should get the God damn kill.

Why does it take 8-10 shots to kill someone most of the time? Yet I die in 2-3 shots?

How can someone full auto-AK me across the map WITHOUT GRIP and a silencer when my AK has ridiculous recoil WITH GRIP without silencer?

Went and bought Call of Duty 4 on Steam this morning and wow, COD4 is soooo much better, obviously.. But that Netcode, hit detection, weapon handling.. All so much better. I actually get the kill when I shoot first, and you almost never die in a bullshit way.

Played it on PS3 back in the day, but I wanted to play Winter Crash, heh.

JayEH

Press reload button once - normal reload
Tap reload button twice - fast reload, you lose the ammo in your current mag

That's how it's meant to work, but at the moment the game just does whatever it feels like. It's a bug.

Still don't know how that got past testing. And when do they teach you speed reloading. This is blowing my mind right now.

Sojgat

Still don't know how that got past testing. And when do they teach you speed reloading. This is blowing my mind right now.

I read about it, I'm not sure it's ever explained anywhere (it might be).

Test it out in the campaign or firing range, and it will work fine.

I think sledghammer listed "reload timing" as something they're fixing at the moment.

To others finding the game unplayable with the spawns.
Don't get your hopes up for a fix, Ghosts had horrendous spawns and IW didn't even attempt a patch to fix them once in an entire year.

NHale

So I downloaded the day zero goodies on my PS4 but they're not showing up. Any way to rectify this?

Are you playing on the same account you used to buy the game. Because for some reason the Day Zero bonus don't work on any account besides the account used to buy them. First time I see DLC working this way.

WaLlbaNg

Why does it take 8-10 shots to kill someone most of the time? Yet I die in 2-3 shots?
I doubt you hit someone with more than 6 shoots and they dont die unless you are using a MP and shoot across the map.

I can understand these complaints but most of the time people just hit like 3 shoots and had aiming fails. It rarely is really bad (I got a headshot hitmarker with the 19damage sniper)

I'm surprised so many people that enjoyed the MW1/black ops games as opposed to MW3/Ghosts likes this game, this is just like MW3/Ghosts imo. All weapons feel the same and everything is equally effective, SMGs is as effective as ARs on any range etc.

Unless youre face to face in a duel, you've already lost. And if you're face to face chances are it's so close that ping is the deciding factor. Camping is effective because you get killed so fast before even aiming at the camper, even though you know where he is beforehand.

I've played all previous games and I've been above average skilled (not that that means so much) in all of them, but in this it's hard to even keep a 1:1 K/D, and it looks like that for everyone, rarily do I ever see someone on the scoreboard that does really well.

The only new thing in this game is the exo suit, and that just feels cheap and doesn't really add anything but some verticality in maps

It just feels.. pointless, everywhere you move there is 10 spots someone can be, its 50/50 if you just die from somewhere random, or you're lucky and kill someone in the back, before someone comes and kills you from anywhere. Impossible to have any sort of map control or overview and actually play tactical

Guess I expect too much

:(

zonezeus

I think I'm done with this game until (if) they provide dedicated servers they promised and they really work as expected. The game has potential to be truly great, but as it is right now the MP with it's lag compensation is absolutely infuriating and paired with weird spawns and short TTK the whole experience is just one huge exercise in frustration. After BLOPS2 I promised myself to never buy another COD title unless substantial changes to netcode are made, but alas here I am. Well, they fooled me twice so shame on me.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
You know the multiplayer would pretty good if it had dedicated server on consoles, this lag and warping that i get in most games is so fucking bad, did no reviewer had that experience? Maybe it's most prevalent in users outside the US i dunno, what i do know is that every time i see a changing host message i die a little every time, it's 2014!

FafaFooey

I'm really trying to enjoy this game, but the netcode is horrendous.

I can't stand it anymore. Every time I check the scoreboard I see myself and lot of other people having 1 red bar. I have an outstanding internet connection and no data/speed cap whatsoever. I've never had these problems before in any game, not even previous Call of Duty games. When I'm using my PS4 it's the only device using my internet connection, so it's obviously a shitty netcode that can't handle the increased twitchyness of this new iteration.

leng jai

It honestly feels like I have zero control over how well I do... Everything seems to come down to dumb luck. I've never felt like this in a shooter before. I can't tell what I did differently in a game where I'm 5-13 and a game where I go 18-5.

Top Bottom