• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare' trailer (PC/XB1/PS4/360/PS3, Nov 4th) [Up: Info]

In my opinion, Call of Duty has never been the most technically advanced FPS so cross-gen seems like a given.

Battlefield 4 still looks better that House of CoDs.

The game looks most interesting that Ghosts.

antitrop

I can't possibly imagine how they will shake up the multiplayer enough to get me interested after Titanfall, but maybe we can get a good single player campaign out of this.

fasTRapid

Banned
Look at the flames on the bridge. I haven't seen anything like that in previous CoDs.
Actually someone claimed he worked at a VFX studio when Sledgehammer bought their effects in the other thread. Might have to dive in and find that post, he said he expected their effects to really shine and that's what we see right now.

So, PS4 may possibly be the lead platform, but the ultimate experience will be on Xbox?
... duuuh!

DieH@rd

Banned
The amount of aliasing in some segments is very telling that currently this game is not running in 1080p all the time. Pics are from gamersyde HQ video, and it looks worse in motion than on stills [very noticeable aliasing shimmer]:

kljozf.png

booozp.png

But OK, it's still early.

Tsundere

Banned
So are they going to pretend that this is exclusive to Xbox and quietly release it on PS? I don't understand these marketing tactics. A game releases across multiple formats but they go "No, no, this belongs on Xbox (but please, by all means, buy also on PS).

Won't matter honestly, the userbase knows the game is multi-platform and cross-generation.

vpance

I guess it'll be platform parity then.

That Kevin "Dead Eyes" Spacey though, lol.

Beanie guy reminded me of Rick from Walking Dead, is it him?

x-Lundz-x

The amount of aliasing in some segments is very telling that currently this game is not running in 1080p all the time. Pics are from gamersyde HQ video, and it looks worse in motion than on stills [very noticeable aliasing shimmer]:

Well it is XB1 footage.

From the sounds of things it really underperformed for Activision.
What's sad is under performed for them is dreamland sales for 95% of the other devs out there.

woen

kljozf.png

booozp.png

And it's Xbone, aka inferior version w/out 1080p.

Well, they did say all the footage was from the XB1 version.....

I'm not into CoD games much... but the trailer for this is awesome, and they look to be implementing a lot of cool new ideas. I'm sure it'll be heavily scripted theme park ride type game, but it still looks awesome.

Respawn

Banned

kljozf.png

booozp.png

It's running on X1. We all know by now some of the issues to expect.

OldRoutes

Well it is the Xbox One version -- could possibly be 720p again. Should be 1080p/60 on PS4 with better AA.

Nah I don't feel better resolution or higher FPS will fix my complaints... it looks like it's lacking in the lighting and texture department.

It looks nothing like a new-Gen only game, like Assassin's Creed Unity or even Dragon Age Inquisition. I know those are more recent than this, but I can't help but feel this is a "Titanfall/Ghosts" case where they had to create cross generational assets...

kljozf.png

booozp.png

The Xbox One version of a game not running at 1080p? How surprising.

The last cod I bought was MW3, havent bought a cod since... also the last cod I played online was MW2. I only bought the Modern warfare series for the story but now, after seeing this trailer, I think I may dip my hand on some more cod.

cod goes great fried with a side of malt vinegar.

Kiant

I just hope they give you more freedom in their levels, doesn't always have to be a linear corridor to the next setpiece etc.

Majanew

Banned
Nah I don't feel better resolution or higher FPS will fix my complaints... it looks like it's lacking in the lighting and texture department.

It looks nothing like a new-Gen only game, like Assassin's Creed Unity or even Dragon Age Inquisition. I know those are more recent than this, but I can't help but feel this is a "Titanfall/Ghosts" case where they had to create cross generational assets...

Dragon Age Inquisition is cross-gen.

And I'll wait til I see the PS4 version of COD at 1080p to decide how the overall textures look.

sTaTIx

kljozf.png

booozp.png

For god's sake, whose bright idea was it to release such an incredibly blurry, low-quality video as their world-debut trailer?

MercuryLS

Banned
I recall it starting with MW2 and GTAIV on the 360. Sony only first started following suit with BF3 in 2011, and now Destiny/Watch_Dogs, etc.

Didn't Sony do co-marketing with the original Assassin's Creed and GTAV?

The also did exclusivity deals for:

GTA 3, VC, SA
A few Tomb Raiders
Haze

Off the top of my head, I'm sure there's more. This didn't start with MS, Sony's been doing co-marketing and exclusivity contracts for a long time. They just didn't do much of it, MS has deeper pockets so they're doing more of it.

prag16

Banned
Indeed. I think Nintendo has some sort of deal with Activision to bring COD to the Wii U so long as it's cross gen.

Was there any press release, or is it just amazon UK we're going off of for platforms? Amazon can safely assume PS4bonePS360PC. WiiU isn't as safe an assumption to make obviously.

I'm leaning towards expecting it to come to Wii U. Probably from the same small dedicated Wii U team at Treyarch. Having done so two years in a few, it'll probably be easy enough for them to shit out a Wii U port for modest cost. Obviously whenever crossgen dries up that'll be it (unless a miracle happens with Smash/MK8, and even then..).

To people complaining about graphics come on its May. Jesus at least wait until E3 until you start sniping at them.

I was impressed with the graphics knowing the game will be at 60 FPS. The only thing I didn't like was Spacey's character model. Didn't look very impressive compared to the main characters from Ryse, BF4, or Infamous.

Edit: Come on that doesn't look like Idris Elba. As a black dude this is making me shake my head. Also would Activision not let that be known right away?

Also everyone's already mentioned that dude.

vpance

Dont believe anything that Activision devs are saying. They lied quite nicely during Ghost marketing campaign.

"Call of Duty: Ghosts runs at 1080p resolution on Xbox One and PlayStation 4, Infinity Ward has said."
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...s-runs-at-1080p-and-60fps-on-xbox-one-and-ps4

*oh yeah we wont say that one of the consoles is rendered with 50% less pixels

Why would they opt to show their worst version as the first major reveal for the game though? Either they'll gimp the PS4 version or they'll never show it prelaunch I'm guessing.

Wasnt Black Ops 2 pretty much "advanced warfare"? Anyways, looks like a military FPS. Not very impressed with the animations in this trailer, didnt look as natural as past COD games.

DieH@rd

Banned
Why would they opt to show their worst version as the first major reveal for the game though? Either they'll gimp the PS4 version or they'll never show it prelaunch I'm guessing.

If MS wants, they can ensure that each video of the game is running on Xbone. They just need to pay.

SgtCobra

That's ok we still have 1080 60fps forza..... Now drive club.....
You realize that the majority of the current gen multiplatform games run better/render at a higher resolution on PS4 right?

The trailer was....surprisingly good? I'm intrigued, don't disappoint me and you can make me buy a CoD again.

SeanR1221

They won't gimp it and it will be the better version.

Just a deal in place with Microsoft. Don't need to overthink it.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Thought the trailer was pretty awesome, I'm hyped for this. I actually enjoyed the absurdity of Ghosts, and this looks even more insane.

sTaTIx

Didn't Sony do co-marketing with the original Assassin's Creed and GTAV?

The also did exclusivity deals for:

GTA 3, VC, SA
A few Tomb Raiders
Haze

Off the top of my head, I'm sure there's more. This didn't start with MS, Sony's been doing co-marketing and exclusivity contracts for a long time.

No deal with Assassin's Creed.

You're missing my point. Exclusive games are one thing. If a game is exclusive to your platform, then yes, of course you advertise it as an exclusive. That's completely understandable.

The issue we're talking about here is putting a logo at the end of a multiplatform game's commercial to mislead ignorant consumers into thinking the game is exclusive.

They just didn't do much of it, MS has deeper pockets so they're doing more of it.
To be fair, it actually seems like Sony is the one doing it more this generation (a lot more). Watch_Dogs, Destiny, ACIV, and others.

antitrop

I just hope they give you more freedom in their levels, doesn't always have to be a linear corridor to the next setpiece etc.

I would settle just for good set pieces. Ghosts put me to sleep.

They need something that gets everyone talking, like Infinity Ward did in CoD4 with the AC-130 or The Nuke, or MW2's "No Russian", of course. The games since haven't had anything that stands out like those did.

We've seen giant buildings collapse, it has to be more than that now.

Top Bottom