• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 |OT| Back to black

Monotony maybe ? I guess I just underestimate peoples ability to be entertained so easily.

Last time I checked, COD never did a fully fledged battle royale game before, and arguably better than almost all of its competitors. So I don't see what's so monotonous about that. They have introduced a lot into the franchise over time that brings new people in.

Mista

Banned
ICR with grip 1&2 is a monster! Got bored though so I’m playing using the Titan and Maddox now. I like to change

Last time I checked, COD never did a fully fledged battle royale game before, and arguably better than almost all of its competitors. So I don't see what's so monotonous about that. They have introduced a lot into the franchise over time that brings new people in.
Questioning how easily people are entertained while posting on Neogaf is pretty amusing.

mneuro

I enjoyed WW2 from day one. I was excited to get bo4. Multiplayer in this game is the most generic, bland, copycat stuff I've played in a while. Blackout is good, but multiplayer is just a mish mash of overwatch, rainbow six and CSGO. Thankfully I can continue to play WW2. Sorry to vent, I'm sure most people are enjoying it, but I am feeling underwhelmed on this game.

Last edited:
Any Aussies playing this game on XB1? If so, is it easy to find local TDM games? Im not interested in the Battle Royale stuff.
I want to play this game, but if the local user base is too small, it'd be a lot of money for me to waste - especially with map packs and stuff to buy on top of the base game.

splattered

I don't think I'm liking any of these maps... I dug earlier titles but the maps in this one feel really small to me. I'm dying like every 10 seconds from every angle. Also it feels kind of overly cartoonish and the characters all feel err "fat" hard to explain. Like gears characters are big and bulky but felt appropriate, these characters just feel round to me. Haha I dunno

RandallFlagg

Neo Member
I hated gears characters. Way too big, like is everyone fat in that game? Only played a few times at my bros house and i couldnt hack the visuals

Grinchy

Banned
I don't think I'm liking any of these maps... I dug earlier titles but the maps in this one feel really small to me. I'm dying like every 10 seconds from every angle. Also it feels kind of overly cartoonish and the characters all feel err "fat" hard to explain. Like gears characters are big and bulky but felt appropriate, these characters just feel round to me. Haha I dunno
Yeah it's pretty annoying. They essentially just want everyone sprinting around the map in circles the whole time.

If you start a fresh match, run forward, and hold a middle point for 30-40 seconds, the entire enemy team will start spawning behind you. It just keeps flipping which side a team spawns on. There are times where you'll run all the way to the other side of a map, be killing people and facing your previous side, and enemies spawn literally 5 feet behind you because enough people on your team are controlling the other side.

I want to say the spawning system sucks, which I have seen a ton of people complaining about, but maybe it's just the size and shape of the maps combined with the playercount. Where else can it spawn people?

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
The maps are - once again - too small, but I still like them more than in previous CoD games though.

It was at first a real challenge to find out where I could do long range kills.

Last edited:

mneuro

Changing my opinion slightly after playing more with a group of friends last night. Zombies is fun and blackout is amazing with friends. Multiplayer is just not good right now. The maps are too small and there are no compelling modes like War. Blackout is where this game shines.

Codes 208

Changing my opinion slightly after playing more with a group of friends last night. Zombies is fun and blackout is amazing with friends. Multiplayer is just not good right now. The maps are too small and there are no compelling modes like War. Blackout is where this game shines.
This is good news to me. I hated War. As much as I love round-based objective matches ala rush from bf or invasion from halo reach, i absolutely despise the balance in war. Take the normandy mission for example: the defending team starts with the high ground and machine guns that can shoot a bee from a mile away and enough damage ro kill you in .03secs wh8le the attackers spawn in the corners of the map around a couple busted ships. Oh, and did i mention tjose machine guns can pierce through those?

Absolute bullshit.

The beta's tank one is less tedious i guess. But the forrest one is also bullshit. The last phase is too generous for the defenders as they spawn right next to tje zone while the attackers spawn like 1,000 miles away from it.

DOW

I’m thoroughly enjoying this after regretting WW2. I actually didn’t enjoy the multiplayer beta and only pulled the trigger for Blackout. I’m having a blast with it.

I hope they can fix this tick rate issue. I haven’t personally had any problems in Blackout but there is always one enemy in regular multi that is unkillable 😡.

It's funny no one noticed or cared before someone brought it to everyone's attention now its the end of the world! Overwatch was the same at launch, game is fun who cares what tick rate the server is running at.

I heard Overwatch was 10Hz at launch, does anyone know if that was true and if there was the same kind of outrage?

splattered

Yup I noticed in many kill cams I died to people shooting to the left and right of me without actually hitting me dead on... it really feels like they are trying to accelerate kills in this game to speed up the action which is ridiculous imo. As mentioned above, the whole spawning people right behind or beside you as you fight to the other side of the map feels awful but I think there is a spawn beacon people can throw down isn't there? Maybe that is also making it feel even worse? Get rid of that crap! The maps need to be larger with more long distance lanes and get rid of the damn quickscope already. Makes me sick to watch people walk around with the sniper and just flick the triggers to get instant kills. I really do want to like this game. SO far I've only played TDM so I guess I should check out zombies and blackout too while the rest of this mess (hopefully) gets sorted out.

GenericUser

Prestige 1, Lvl 26 - feelsgoodman. Permanently unlocked the swordfish, this beast is a rape machine. Also, for some reason, I'm unable to equip the grip 2 attachment on my KN (Kalashnikov), does anybody else have this problem? Also, how do you equip the operator mod for a weapon?

My biggest complaint now with the game are the insanely high ping times. In BO3 I usually had around 15 - 25 ms, BO4 peaks at around 90ms, that is insane. Is it due to the high server pressure around launch date? I hope so, I died way to often because of the bad ping.

Neolombax

So far I'm having a good time with this game. My last modern warfare game was IW. So far the experience with MP has been great. I love the way the guns feel, they look and feel powerful to use. The inclusion of bots in Zombies allowed me for the first time ever to reach as far as wave 15, albeit progression being locked. But I suppose its a good way to familiarize yourself with the maps without being overwhelmed too early on. I tried Blackout on launch day and it was really smooth. Tried again last night and it crashed. I'll try again later but I'm spending the majority of my time in MP anyways.

Treyarch has been so far quite fast in addressing issues with the game. And personally, I think they ought be giving this game all the attention it demands, because this is an easy cash cow for Treyarch and Activision. Apart from the 20hz-60hz debacle and hit detection issues, I think this game was largely well received by the community.

Grinchy

Banned
Also, for some reason, I'm unable to equip the grip 2 attachment on my KN (Kalashnikov), does anybody else have this problem? Also, how do you equip the operator mod for a weapon?
I think you have to have the I and II equipped. You can't just equip the II.

For the operator mod, you have to max out the gun level and then use the primary gun operator mod wildcard.

betrayal

Banned
I'm new to CoD zombies and i have a question. Can you fully play the whole zombie campaign with two players (without bots)? any downsides playing with only two? I know it has some scaling depending in the player count, but is this really a thing or should you play this with at least 3 or 4 players?

Last edited:

RandallFlagg

Neo Member
Textures on my ps4 take a long time to load in Blackout. Will have a pop upmfor a gun but nothing on ground and when i pick it up it disappwars at times. Anyone else with similar issues?

GenericUser

I think you have to have the I and II equipped. You can't just equip the II.

For the operator mod, you have to max out the gun level and then use the primary gun operator mod wildcard.
thanks, I didn't know that. Why didn't they explain that a little better ingame.

Grinchy

Banned
thanks, I didn't know that. Why didn't they explain that a little better ingame.
When I finally gave in and googled what the hell an operator mod was, I asked that same question. It made no sense to me, especially the fact that they have nothing to do with the operators.

Tygeezy

Prestige 1, Lvl 26 - feelsgoodman. Permanently unlocked the swordfish, this beast is a rape machine. Also, for some reason, I'm unable to equip the grip 2 attachment on my KN (Kalashnikov), does anybody else have this problem? Also, how do you equip the operator mod for a weapon?

My biggest complaint now with the game are the insanely high ping times. In BO3 I usually had around 15 - 25 ms, BO4 peaks at around 90ms, that is insane. Is it due to the high server pressure around launch date? I hope so, I died way to often because of the bad ping.
I hate the swordfish in blackout.

Bryank75

Banned
So, I bought it.... multiplayer is just about who has the best connection most of the time.
Blackout is great fun, even though I haven’t won yet. Top 5 is best I’ve done so far.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
So, I bought it.... multiplayer is just about who has the best connection most of the time.
Blackout is great fun, even though I haven’t won yet. Top 5 is best I’ve done so far.

That is the issue I have seen. Skill is important, but more often than not you are fucked by the netcode. If they can fix that issue, this may be one of the best CoD games yet.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Game ran without error for me on Xbox and while the PS4 (OG) times out or crashes my console. How’s the PC versions?

Seaside kinda plays and looks like an Uncharted multiplayer map.
I have only played that map on search and it plays well enough.

Shmunter

I was sceptical off the real world implications off the low “tickrate”. After all, a company with so much money and experience knows what they’re doing. Then yesterday, I got shot by a guy facing 90deg away from me. Yep, the game is shot and probably wise to shelve it till it’s fixed.

Im no elite COD player but I aint a can either. Recently in the past 3 days Ive been struggling so hard with having successful matches. Everyone has off days, you cant be great all the time but whole 3-4 days... The beta was great,even the first few days of release.

Crew 511A

Im no elite COD player but I aint a can either. Recently in the past 3 days Ive been struggling so hard with having successful matches. Everyone has off days, you cant be great all the time but whole 3-4 days... The beta was great,even the first few days of release.

Traditionally, double XP weekends bring out the sweaty try hards. I'm a competitive guy, buy it seems like every match I had over the weekend I was playing against clans that thought they were in an MLG tryout.

Traditionally, double XP weekends bring out the sweaty try hards. I'm a competitive guy, buy it seems like every match I had over the weekend I was playing against clans that thought they were in an MLG tryout.

Im never the guy to say someone is cheating but even though I know they werent it looked like it because their domination was ridiculous. I got put into this match where the opposing team were all multi level prestige and us just regular joes.

We literally went 5 games with them winning 75-4 ...once one guy got a score streak, EVERYBODY just started spamming lightning strike, 5 kills every 2 seconds...non stop lol. I dont think I ever felt so helpless in any multiplayer game 😂 I honestly dont think each game lasted more than a minute.

Last edited:
Top Bottom