• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 |OT| Back to black

GenericUser

I hate the swordfish in blackout.
I still don't get the hype about blackout. Sure it maybe is the most polished battle royal mode out there, but is this what kids consider fun nowadays? I guess it is actually fun when you have people to play with, but for solo players like myself it seems like a waste of time. I played a couple of matches and they play out almost exactly the same. Land, grab a weapon, run to safe zone, get shot in the back without even seeing someone. Occasionally, I kill a dude that lands right beside me, but thats about it.

PSYGN

I wouldnt know about pc, i play on ps4

Hmm, the consensus for Multiplayer on consoles is that AR > SMG. If you see the top 100 you'll see that no one really mains SMG, it's usually AR or LMG. https://cod.tracker.gg/bo4/leaderboards/all/Kills Even Pro rushers that usually main SMG in other CoD games are using AR. That's good that you feel SMG is more powerful, though, as I'm sure they're going to even out the playing field between AR and SMG and you'll already be used to the feel of SMG.

Last edited:
Hmm, the consensus for Multiplayer on consoles is that AR > SMG. If you see the top 100 you'll see that no one really mains SMG, it's usually AR or LMG. https://cod.tracker.gg/bo4/leaderboards/all/Kills Even Pro rushers that usually main SMG in other CoD games are using AR. That's good that you feel SMG is more powerful, though, as I'm sure they're going to even out the playing field between AR and SMG and you'll already be used to the feel of SMG.

PC is opposite, if you against SMG players (SAUG 9MM and Spitfire) you need to take care to pick these people off at long or medium range or you will always get your face melted.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I had a quad squad. We ran together. My teammate was hitting me once with his fist. After this he drove me over. Amazing.

Just realized there´s a calling card for winning a Blackout game with 0 kills. What´s the strat here? Throw 9-bangs at the last guy until the zone eats him? This sounds like it could be a riot.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I have had two nights where I've seen real hateful avatars. "There are only 2 genders" and "Gays are not okay" are some of the avatars I'm seeing on PC. Why bring that hatred at all, let alone a multiplayer match? It rubs me the wrong way while waiting for the match to start.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I have had two nights where I've seen real hateful avatars. "There are only 2 genders" and "Gays are not okay" are some of the avatars I'm seeing on PC. Why bring that hatred at all, let alone a multiplayer match? It rubs me the wrong way while waiting for the match to start.
Because people can be really shitty on internet and thanks to being anonymous they are able bring out their true nature that they can't show to public. This why when it comes to gaming I'm absolutely anti-social I don't and will not trust people in online not ruin my gaming time.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

Report them and move on. All you can do. Also remember that a lot of these players are most likely teenagers and they thrive off of getting a rise out of people. Best to ignore them.

You can report them if you are offended, I saw multiple penises that I reported from the lobby.

You know, I'm glad you posted this.

I've been tempted all week to buy this, but knowing that this is still a thing, I no longer want to. The jackasses running around in WWII with the shotguns & incendiary ammo fucking RUINED the game for me.

Thanks, m8. You just saved an impulsive dude $60. :)

I know I already disagreed with the idea that shotguns are used very much in multiplayer, but here's all the information you could ever need to make up your own mind if the shotguns seem overpowered or not:

And for anyone concerned about the slower time to kill, or looking for some of the fastest TTK weapons in the game, I'd also recommend this video:

Give coloring books and crayons to a room full of children, and some of them are still going to write on the walls.

Last edited:
I've played Blackout since the release and at the beta. I noticed the last few days (can't pinpoint exact day) that for the first 3 minutes after i land i can see names of weapons or stuff but can't physically see the items which makes it really hard to pick something.

Also it seems that lag has increased. I usually play DUOS and there have been many instances where my friend that spectates me, says that my targeting is really bad, but on my videos on the same fights i'm clearly hitting the target but i die like no bullets are hitting the enemies.

Grinchy

Banned
I've played Blackout since the release and at the beta. I noticed the last few days (can't pinpoint exact day) that for the first 3 minutes after i land i can see names of weapons or stuff but can't physically see the items which makes it really hard to pick something.
I've been seeing this since the first day. The midnight launch the night before it seemed to work fine and it's been broken in this way ever since.

If you know how to land quickly, the models and textures take forever to load in so you have to just mash square and hope that something invisible is a gun.

I've been seeing this since the first day. The midnight launch the night before it seemed to work fine and it's been broken in this way ever since.

If you know how to land quickly, the models and textures take forever to load in so you have to just mash square and hope that something invisible is a gun.

They have to fix it, because i like to land on high populated locations but seeing no weapons for a few secs is crucial. And really it started happening after the update they released a few days ago. (PS4 Pro player).

The_Mike

Sounds like a PS4 only problem. Haven’t discovered it on my xbox One X. Hope it gets fixed for you guys fast as it sounds annoying as hell.

Grinchy

Banned
They have to fix it, because i like to land on high populated locations but seeing no weapons for a few secs is crucial. And really it started happening after the update they released a few days ago. (PS4 Pro player).
Yep, I've been raging about this since the first day. I love landing where I know there will be fighting and it's infuriating to land first, run around mashing square, and then someone lands after me and picks up the previously invisible gun and mows me down.

And then there's still the horrible looting system.

Sounds like a PS4 only problem. Haven’t discovered it on my xbox One X. Hope it gets fixed for you guys fast as it sounds annoying as hell.
That may be the case. It didn't happen in the beta at all, but the framerate was so much worse than now. The framerate is really damn solid now, but I think that's because of changes they've done to the asset streaming, which I think is causing the guns to be invisible if you land quickly.

My buddy sucked at the glider/parachute and kept saying he's never seen the problem, but then I explained how to actually do it, and now that he knows how to get into a spot quickly he finally sees it every time. I suspect some PS4 players who think it isn't happening just land slowly enough that it's not a problem.

Last edited:

Codes 208

They do need to fix the gun loot ratio. Its annoying as hell landing in a small area of three-four buildings and only finding bandages and ammo for shit I dont even have.

Ive been mercy killed four times because of this shit

Shmunter

They do need to fix the gun loot ratio. Its annoying as hell landing in a small area of three-four buildings and only finding bandages and ammo for shit I dont even have.

Ive been mercy killed four times because of this shit

Drop in on a remote area far from the flight path. Will increase your odds of survival till weapon significantly.

Loving Blackout and I feel Treyarch has brought back the fun in multiplayer. I'm actually having a good time with COD which is the first time I can say that since Blackops 1. Haven't tried Zombies yet, but that's because I have nobody on my friends list that plays COD and I feel randoms would be awful

Codes 208

Drop in on a remote area far from the flight path. Will increase your odds of survival till weapon significantly.
I do. Thats always been my strat since fortnite. The issue for me here is that half the time i have to run off to another area cause i found jack shit where i landed and i end up getting ambushed by someone who mustve been packing four leaf clovers

But tbf this has only been an issue in four or five out of a over a dozen matches so its not constant.

Last edited:
I do. Thats always been my strat since fortnite. The issue for me here is that half the time i have to run off to another area cause i found jack shit where i landed and i end up getting ambushed by someone who mustve been packing four leaf clovers

But tbf this has only been an issue in four or five out of a over a dozen matches so its not constant.

Oh, well we all deal with that. Just the BR way of passage.

Which would you pick if you had to choose one of the following:
1. Insert an entire colony of scorpions into your own ass
2. Play a game of TDM on Arsenal
Honestly I think its a pretty tough call.

Calibos

Still absolutely loving the game, but they need to FIX THE SPAWN POINTS!!!!

Morroco and a couple other maps are straight up broken with long sight lines into spawn points...and once you get pinned, it becomes an exponential issue with kill streaks piling up on you. there are counters in some respect, but still I shouldn't spawn into gunfire in any team spawn point.

Still absolutely loving the game, but they need to FIX THE SPAWN POINTS!!!!

Morroco and a couple other maps are straight up broken with long sight lines into spawn points...and once you get pinned, it becomes an exponential issue with kill streaks piling up on you. there are counters in some respect, but still I shouldn't spawn into gunfire in any team spawn point.

Spawn points on some maps and sound in Blackout. That is what I ask for.

Spawn points have been bad for over a decade though. That isn't changing. How a company like Activision and Treyarch can't nail something like sound is baffling though.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Damn would it kill them to include the player count?
Another weird glitch in HC SND teammates names are removed. Lots of team kills.

Last edited:

Calibos

Spawn points on some maps and sound in Blackout. That is what I ask for.

Spawn points have been bad for over a decade though. That isn't changing. How a company like Activision and Treyarch can't nail something like sound is baffling though.

Sound in Blackout is pretty messed up. That is one spot where PubG crushes this game. Foot steps and shot direction are immediately evident in that game. It really need an overhaul in Blackout. Also, getting in and out of vehicles and looting bags can be glitchy or unresponsive sometimes.

Flyinmunky

Just in case anyone thinks there FPS looks a bit low, check the setting CPU optimisation. Mine was on Auto, My FPS dipped as low as 40 on max@1080p, setting it to manual it went up to 150 to 200.
2700X/1080ti/16gb 3200mhz.

Akira1983

Banned
As someone who badly wants to be able to play PUBG is this pretty close as far as what’s available on PS4 in terms of style and feel?

I played fortnite but it’s super arcadey

Tygeezy

I still don't get the hype about blackout. Sure it maybe is the most polished battle royal mode out there, but is this what kids consider fun nowadays? I guess it is actually fun when you have people to play with, but for solo players like myself it seems like a waste of time. I played a couple of matches and they play out almost exactly the same. Land, grab a weapon, run to safe zone, get shot in the back without even seeing someone. Occasionally, I kill a dude that lands right beside me, but thats about it.
I'm 34 and I think it's fun. I don't think I qualify as a kid anymore. You get a hit marker that tells where people are firing at you from.

Last edited:

The_Mike

As someone who badly wants to be able to play PUBG is this pretty close as far as what’s available on PS4 in terms of style and feel?

I played fortnite but it’s super arcadey

Blops 4 plays way better than pubg.

Tygeezy

Just in case anyone thinks there FPS looks a bit low, check the setting CPU optimisation. Mine was on Auto, My FPS dipped as low as 40 on max@1080p, setting it to manual it went up to 150 to 200.
2700X/1080ti/16gb 3200mhz.
Are you referring to an in game setting?

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I keep running into them head on in close quarters. Feels like all you can do is wait for imminent death.

It is a strong ability, but I suggest switching to either a frag or someone like battery/recon. Use the stuns/grenades to quickly stop him or shoot at his shield and have a friend/other player go around to flank. He is annoying as shit, but I would rather deal with him than those damned dogs Nomad use.

I've been pretty disappointed with the online for Blackout. I play Quads and the lag has been so bad nearly every game it's not worth even playing, at this point, I can't believe I'm saying it, but a small Indie studio (PUBG) has better servers & net code than a billion dollar company that's been pumping out online MP games for nearly 20 years. All of my friends playing also complain of terrible lag (Xbox One, wired connection, 150 mb/s.

Tygeezy

I've been pretty disappointed with the online for Blackout. I play Quads and the lag has been so bad nearly every game it's not worth even playing, at this point, I can't believe I'm saying it, but a small Indie studio (PUBG) has better servers & net code than a billion dollar company that's been pumping out online MP games for nearly 20 years. All of my friends playing also complain of terrible lag (Xbox One, wired connection, 150 mb/s.
Quads is working fine on PC.

i find the exact opposite. pubg is borderline unplayable and has been riddled with the same connection issues since early access while blackout runs pretty solid

Last edited:

Tygeezy

Yes its about half way down the graphics tab. My mate who has a 8700k and 1080ti also says if he puts it on auto his FPS drops alot.
I don't see my frame rate ever dip below 90. I cap it at a 100 because it seems to consistently be able to hit it without stressing out my gpu. I'll check out this option when I get home though.

This game feels like it is being updated constantly.

They may have started with 20Hz, more bugs than expected at launch and some imbalanced weapons but I'm confident that they will get through the list while adding worthwhile content, new game modes and playlists to keep the game fresh.

Grinchy

Banned
CID.gif

Don't come at me when I'm getting the luckiest shots ever.

The_Mike

This game feels like it is being updated constantly.

They may have started with 20Hz, more bugs than expected at launch and some imbalanced weapons but I'm confident that they will get through the list while adding worthwhile content, new game modes and playlists to keep the game fresh.

Only if you are a PS4 players. Feels like it takes forever when even something as features has exclusivity.

Top Bottom