• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War |OT| Deniable Operations

Starfield

After completing the story, playing a few games in multiplayer aswell as zombies all I can say is...so far this is the Call of Duty with the lowest amount of content ever. What the fuck were they thinking?

• Campaign is shorter than usual (3-4hrs depending on how fast you rush through)
  • 8 multiplayer maps on launch, thats right 8.
  • 1 Zombie map

the fuck is this lmao

The Ray Tracing is completely useless in this game. The most notable difference between RTX on and RTX off you will find is the fps going down.

However,

The story is one of the best in recent CoD's, the game looks fine visually, audio is great. Gameplay is fun.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Think this could be the best looking and sounding game i've ever had on my TV. The Dolby Atmos mix through my soundbar is incredible.

Also played a bunch of zombies and it's been very fun so far, I just wish people would be more ambitious and not extract as early as they do. The game is a locked 60fps in single player on XSX, but I noticed some horrific FPS drops in zombies when ray tracing is enabled, as well as some dodgy shadow flickering.

The atmos mix and gernades are fucking bonkers. Putting my infinity set to work. Im amazed how good it sounds even on my rears which are not Infinity speakers.

Dr.Morris79

After completing the story, playing a few games in multiplayer aswell as zombies all I can say is...so far this is the Call of Duty with the lowest amount of content ever. What the fuck were they thinking?

• Campaign is shorter than usual (3-4hrs depending on how fast you rush through)
  • 8 multiplayer maps on launch, thats right 8.
  • 1 Zombie map

the fuck is this lmao

The Ray Tracing is completely useless in this game. The most notable difference between RTX on and RTX off you will find is the fps going down.

However,

The story is one of the best in recent CoD's, the game looks fine visually, audio is great. Gameplay is fun.
Sounds well worth the £79.99 on Amazon!

BeSt CoD EvA.

waylo

Banned

Guessing this isn't live for PC? There is no indicator in-game and leveling is slow going.

Typical Treyarch. They do this with every game. For some reason PC is the red-headed step child when it comes to their games. It was nice having everything simultaneously with MW. Back to getting everything later than everyone else again.

Bolivar687

Banned
Guessing this isn't live for PC? There is no indicator in-game and leveling is slow going.

Typical Treyarch. They do this with every game. For some reason PC is the red-headed step child when it comes to their games. It was nice having everything simultaneously with MW. Back to getting everything later than everyone else again.

I was getting it last night, after match report showed double total points.

splattered

I'm having issues launching warzone from my copy of cold War on the series x... cold War internal and modern warfare external. When I try to boot warzone through cold War it acts like I'm trying to join someone else's game session and fails repeatedly until it finally signs online and works but I have to hit retry repeatedly. When I back out to the xbox UI and hover over a game and hit start to kill the game I realize its actually switching games and loading WZ through modern warfare and not cold War which is the game I am actually starting with. Weird how this is working(not working) anyone else experiencing similar issues?

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Hmm. Is there no indicator at the menu like there was in MW? When I use a double XP code, it shows on the main menu.
I believe you'd see pictures of it on the breakdown/unlock screen after matches. I could be wrong though. I was playing last night and didn't notice anything, lmao. But I do remember seeing that icon, so there's that!

I'm really enjoying Cold War, a lot more than I thought I would. I figured it would be decent cause I enjoyed the beta, but I definitely enjoy it even more than what I played then. I'm curious about the "lack of content" comments, because I definitely feel like there's enough here. To each their own though, I feel like there's plenty. Then again, there were moments where I felt like previous COD iterations almost had TOO much content. So much so that it was almost too much. I remember feeling intimidated in Black Ops III, lol. I didn't even bother touching IV as a result, well also because I really didn't care for the whole "champion/hero" approach they took.

waylo

Banned
Today is the first day I've really had to sit down with this game. Playing Hardpoint it's blatantly obvious that Treyarch is still awful at spawning players on the map. Shit just makes zero sense half the time. Spawning in literally right next to enemies. Spawning across the map from the point over and over and over, giving you zero ability to effectively take it as you spend 30 seconds just running to it. This has always been their key problem IMO, and it's annoying to see that game after game, they do nothing to remedy it.

TheShocker

Has anyone else noticed the film grain in this being super distracting? It seems to be causing a little bit of motion blur that aren’t found in other games. I’ve currently got the motion blur completely turned off. No other game is doing this.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I am turning on this game quick. The spawns are really bad on some maps and the weapon balancing seems to be totally fucked.

Last edited:

Jebron

My fucking god, every single game is like the CDL grand final. I'm trying to fucking relax for an hour after work but I feel like I'm playing the sweatiest motherfuckers that are currently online.

Kagey K

Banned
Looks like there is a glitch on Xbox where you can gift 2 friends the upgrade bundle for 9.99 if you bought the XB1 stand-alone game.

Trying to convince a friend that he should gift me a copy and I’ll etransfer Him the money. 😅

Barakov

Looks like there is a glitch on Xbox where you can gift 2 friends the upgrade bundle for 9.99 if you bought the XB1 stand-alone game.

Trying to convince a friend that he should gift me a copy and I’ll etransfer Him the money. 😅
The red headed step child from Activision will not be pleased. Good.

BUZ0Txp.gif

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
I've only played about 10 matches online but so far I don't like it as much as Modern Warfare. Feels too arcadey and lacks the option of Warfare 64 player mode. Guns are really boring too.
Not saying its bad at all, its just not nearly as good as Modern Warfare 2019 IMO.

Codes 208

After playing for a few hours I’ve been having trouble coming back. Definitely feels like heavily watered down MW (like how is that even possible?)

I don’t give two fucks about the campaign but the multiplayer is as bland as they come. The guns are meh, the spawns are shit, the haptics are cool but once the novelty wears off they don’t mean much and I ended up turning them off for better control.

And only one zombie map? Really? I can’t believe I wasted $70 on this pos. I’ll just stick to Destiny 2 and warzone for my MP kick.

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
My fucking god, every single game is like the CDL grand final. I'm trying to fucking relax for an hour after work but I feel like I'm playing the sweatiest motherfuckers that are currently online.
Hardpoint’s borderline unplayable. I’ve had to add Dom to my rotation to somewhat maintain my sanity. It’s literally parties full of suppressed MP5s and Famas’s.

Gotta love SBMM.
Czx9Rz0.jpg

Last edited:

Starfield

To anyone who wants to unlock the secret song on DIE MASCHINE:

you have to find 3 audio casettes

• one is right at the beginning, open the blocked door into the building, inside there is an open fridge. theres the first one
  • the next one is where you enter the bunker, after the gate opens turn left and open the next passage, inside the next room there should be another casette on a shelf on the left in that room
  • the last one is under the particle accellerator in the main room where you have to turn on the power, its on a console somehwere.

It's literally a re-hash/different take on Black Ops 1's story, though. And the main characters from Black Ops 1/2 barely feature in the game...

Bolivar687

Banned
I did have a bunch of grindy games last night. I was all sniping every match, which is not necessarily my specialty, but I was at, a little above, or a little below 1.0 KDR the whole time. Hopefully they didn't flip a switch or anything.

Grinchy

Banned
Damn, that M16 with a 3x scope just slices through people like butter. I put on attachments to reduce vertical recoil and increase ADS speed and just melt people.

That, or I go 4 games in a row getting absolutely destroyed.

Where's the hype for this , where are comparisons about previous and next gen, where are the reviews , I think this is probably the year Activision and people realized yearly cod is a bad idea modern warfare easily could've been stretched a year more with more seasons and content

mcz117chief

Is there any point in playing Zombies other than trying to reach the highest wave? Yesterday I quit at around the 33rd wave because I was just bored. I had all my guns at max power, even had the ray gun at tier 3 (15k aoe damage per shot lol, was pure insanity) and nothing really changed, no special bosses or encounters, nothing to really do. Is there anything I am missing?

Daffy Duck

These are the lobbies I am getting

ljoIcWH.jpg

It’s a fight to even go 1:1 lmao. One game I went 6-23....I just got smacked, turns out after the game I was in a m/kb lobby as 4 players on the enemy were on PC, I was playing solo on my Xbox.

Thought I’d try out the MP5 as that’s all I get killed by but NOPE, seems it’s trash for me and everyone has moved into the M16/AUG now and just drops me instantly LMAO.

Last edited:
These are the lobbies I am getting

ljoIcWH.jpg

It’s a fight to even go 1:1 lmao. One game I went 6-23....I just got smacked, turns out after the game I was in a m/kb lobby as 4 players on the enemy were on PC, I was playing solo on my Xbox.

Thought I’d try out the MP5 as that’s all I get killed by but NOPE, seems it’s trash for me and everyone has moved into the M16/AUG now and just drops me instantly LMAO.

Can confirm similar experience on PS5 :( had a great 25k/4d to 15k/20d in another match :( same map

waylo

Banned
Won this game of dirty bomb quite literally all on my own. These are the teammates I get stuck with. Not even sure how they're able to power on their PC/console.

esag.png

TMLT

Played 10 games online so far, my teams went 1-9 lol. I dont know if i'm getting old and my reflexes are shot or its the SBMM but man, I get my ass kicked on COD these days. Its just too damn sweaty.

Campaign is really good, but short. Zombies is okay. The lack of content so far is pretty damn ridiculous. Hopefully the "free" DLC will be frequent and plentiful.

BigLee74

Feeling Really guilty about asking my boy to go half's on this. He's into Zombies big time, and it comes with only one zombie map.

I mean, WTF?

So few 6v6 maps as well.

It's obvious they are holding them back just so they can give them away as 'free' DLC.

Given that Warzone has also been free for nearly a year now, this package is shocking value for money so far, has to be said.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Played 10 games online so far, my teams went 1-9 lol. I dont know if i'm getting old and my reflexes are shot or its the SBMM but man, I get my ass kicked on COD these days. Its just too damn sweaty.

Campaign is really good, but short. Zombies is okay. The lack of content so far is pretty damn ridiculous. Hopefully the "free" DLC will be frequent and plentiful.

It takes time for the SBMM to really be effective as it needs data. I felt the same way with MW for the first few weeks. Eventually it will click more in that sense.

But I will say I also feel like my reflexes are just shit compared to other people. I am getting killed far more by people I dont even see along with people who just pop around a corner and im dead before I have even aimed my gun.

Cod mobile does ranks better than this atleast u know the reason that ur in higher tier leagues that ur getting sweaty matches and rewards based on ur progression
In mw and black ops if u do a 10kd or a godlike game , get ready for assfuck in the next game because it will put u in a lobby against gods of cods who will literally anal rape u to a negative kd

NEbeast

After playing for a few hours I’ve been having trouble coming back. Definitely feels like heavily watered down MW (like how is that even possible?)

I don’t give two fucks about the campaign but the multiplayer is as bland as they come. The guns are meh, the spawns are shit, the haptics are cool but once the novelty wears off they don’t mean much and I ended up turning them off for better control.

And only one zombie map? Really? I can’t believe I wasted $70 on this pos. I’ll just stick to Destiny 2 and warzone for my MP kick.

How is Destiny 2 pvp with stasis? I stopped playing Destiny a few months back, I just got burnt out. I was thinking of jumping back in for BL when the next gen patch hits.

Daffy Duck

It takes time for the SBMM to really be effective as it needs data. I felt the same way with MW for the first few weeks. Eventually it will click more in that sense.

But I will say I also feel like my reflexes are just shit compared to other people. I am getting killed far more by people I dont even see along with people who just pop around a corner and im dead before I have even aimed my gun.

Current theory is it uses your tied activision account to know your true skill ranking across all the games you've played.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Current theory is it uses your tied activision account to know your true skill ranking across all the games you've played.

That would be fascinating if true. It makes sense but I feel like thats a bold move to try and carry that from game to game.

Mephisto40

I get the feeling a lot of new content is coming when the first battle pass drops, at least I'm hoping it is. I'm a bit shocked at the lack of modes in multiplayer

Oh and being a player that plays mainly hardcore, It's getting very annoying it not remembering I have only hardcore game modes selected in my playlists, it keeps defaulting back to core and not letting me start games from the main multiplayer screen, you have to go back into mode select, select hardcore, then back out and then it starts finding games

Compsiox

Banned
Does this affect the Milano 821? That gun is already not great. I hope they didn't make it worthless.

edit: I thought Alpha was a term for the damage cone or some shit. Nevermind.

Is Activision suddenly not paying for the rights to use real weapon names? Man they're really just scraping by huh.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Does this affect the Milano 821? That gun is already not great. I hope they didn't make it worthless.

edit: I thought Alpha was a term for the damage cone or some shit. Nevermind.

Is Activision suddenly not paying for the rights to use real weapon names? Man they're really just scraping by huh.

I think they were making a joke calling it that.

Top Bottom