• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War |OT| Deniable Operations

The Stoner is such a beastly gun. It sucked on the early leveling up grind, but without purposely going for the gold camo and only really playing objective game modes, it got me a 2 K/D average over 1000 kills. I'm not some major COD boy either.

Its my fave, I love the M60 also cause of how hard it hits, but the Stoner has crazy good accuracy even on full auto. It makes you slow as shit and the aim time is slow, but once you are down the sights, its a shredder

Grinchy

Banned
Chainfeeds got busted. Session joining his second account that had a 0.02 K/D ratio. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

His main account has a 5 K/D ratio. In this game. Scump's is just over 2 for reference.

I got into a room with someone last night who was just sprinting forward, holding the trigger down, and holding a frag grenade until it blew himself up over and over again. Like it was on a script.

Now I know what was going on. Must have been someone who just lets that script run overnight so the next day he plays against bad players...

splattered

Played on series x for quite a bit tonight.. ran smooth no crashes no issues. Felt good to be playing it again. Laughed out loud at so many crazy moments.

One issue I have though that I think is normal.. noticed sometimes I will be Zoomed down scope firing at a medium/long range target kill them and then all of a sudden someone comes up on me from the sside or behind aand while I'm still in scope my aiming feels like I am trying to swing my gun through molasses and I almost always die. Is that some sort of an aim assist quirk and is there a way to stop it from happening?

Put back on RT on Series X, no crashes all night. Performance seemed back to normal also without the weird framerate issues.

Just a couple spots where like when shooting and aiming down scope in some random spots where the frame rate would dip, but otherwise it's much more solid now.

dolabla

Didn't realize new update came out. I haven't played it since it crashed my system and completely shut it off. Hope they fixed it. Gonna go download it.

Last edited:
I played for a while this evening as well... although I didn't want to risk my X until more people reported success, so I played with ray tracing off still. Didn't have any crashes, so that was nice.

I guess I have to check again, as the game said I did not have the license or never connected me to the servers (XSX). Maybe they hotfixed it. Thanks for the feedback.

Checked again. Still getting the above errors. I wish I could get my money refunded.

In other news: I'm never buying another CoD after this.

Grinchy

Banned
Despite the raytracing being "fixed," I'm seeing way more framefrops than before with it on. Like even on tiny Crossroads, the second a napalm strike comes in, the game chugs like a college freshman.

Had to turn it off again and probably will have to just forget they ever attempted adding it to the online multiplayer.

At least Treyarch has the "Trial has ended" bug on their list. They described it as "particularly tricky" so I guess it will be fixed in time for the next CoD.

cudiye

Which has a higher probability of happening; me winning next weeks lotto draw or activision removing/toning down SBMM. Because fuck me it’s a chore playing the multiplayer. Im also already burnt out on zombies

Last edited:
I haven't had an issue with SBMM.. I am not sure if that means I am super skilled or super not skilled. :pie_thinking: :pie_thinking: :pie_thinking:

I generally really like the multiplayer, it is the first one I've liked since the original Black Ops way back when. For reference I'm not that good, Combat Record shows an overall K/D of 1.3 off about a day and a half of play time. Feels like there are good rounds and bad rounds, but it mostly averages out okay.

Zombies is a lot of fun, been playing that exclusively this week.. finally learning the hows and whys of all the damn secrets/etc so I finally managed to extract!

Gameplay on XSX has been hit or miss for sure though, no crashes lately not that I think about it (knock on wood), but the framerate does go in the shitter on occasion, which sucks.

Bolivar687

Banned
I haven't had an issue with SBMM.. I am not sure if that means I am super skilled or super not skilled. :pie_thinking: :pie_thinking: :pie_thinking:

I generally really like the multiplayer, it is the first one I've liked since the original Black Ops way back when. For reference I'm not that good, Combat Record shows an overall K/D of 1.3 off about a day and a half of play time. Feels like there are good rounds and bad rounds, but it mostly averages out okay.

Zombies is a lot of fun, been playing that exclusively this week.. finally learning the hows and whys of all the damn secrets/etc so I finally managed to extract!

Gameplay on XSX has been hit or miss for sure though, no crashes lately not that I think about it (knock on wood), but the framerate does go in the shitter on occasion, which sucks.

There was an article linked a way back that said if you play with a variety of class set ups and styles, the SBMM won't hit you as hard as people who just mash ARs and SMGs. Not sure if that sounds like you but that's always been my style and I haven't found SBMM to be too bad either.

There was an article linked a way back that said if you play with a variety of class set ups and styles, the SBMM won't hit you as hard as people who just mash ARs and SMGs. Not sure if that sounds like you but that's always been my style and I haven't found SBMM to be too bad either.

I've been switching between a few trying to level up different guns, though I tend to always use the same park layout (Perk greed) & playstyle (sneakfuck).

Half the time I play with a couple other people in a party who aren't as good as I am, does SBMM work for parties/groups too? If I see 3 or more people in the lobby with the same clan tag I bolt haha, I'm a coward.

The SBMM pisses me off because it's so predictable. I'll have 3 very good games, followed by 3 mediocre / dead last games. Then 3 very good games. And repeat.

I don't switch my perks up but I do alternate guns. Using the Bullfrog at the minute because last week some dude absolutely melted me with it, despite me shooting him first with the AK repeatedly. It's pretty fucking good.

Plus one for hating running into lobbies full of clan nerds all running around and working together. Not fun for a lone player like myself but what can you do. I accept the ass kicking. Might as well, in a few games it'll be a lot easier.

Last edited:

Bolivar687

Banned
Half the time I play with a couple other people in a party who aren't as good as I am, does SBMM work for parties/groups too?

Idk but you play in parties yourself but bolt when you see them???? :pie_roffles:

I believe the Youtubers like Ace and Drift0r should have something soon on SBMM.

Idk but you play in parties yourself but bolt when you see them???? :pie_roffles:

Hell yeah!! Mama didn't raise no fool!

Like I said, I play with a couple of friends who are more the 0.95/1.0 K/D types, so it keeps us from getting smoked.

I wonder if SBMM takes into account playing the objectives? I usually focus on those more than super high K/D if applicable.

Hah this guy is pretty cool. Done subbed I did.

No idea who ChainFeeds is btw but always love me some CoD/Youtube drama lol.
Thunder is old school. Been uploading CoD content since 2010 or so. He blew up with this video back in 2013. Over 8 million views, all because he ended up in a lobby with a random player called The Worm. Who has since gone on to youtube success. King CoD troll.

VN1X

Banned
Been checking some of his more recent videos as well now and he's such a breath of fresh air. Even when he's getting stomped on he stays positive and chill (well, sort of).

Thanks for the share.

Arthimura

How is the game, guys?

I played a lot of MW multi in the betas, when the game was released i finished the campaign but barely played the multiplayer, i didn't liked the final balance of the game, i thought it favoured campers too much and i like to moviment myself in the maps.

I was planning to play Cyberpunk 2077 now in December, but i decided to wait for the next-gen patch. So i'm wondering if Cold War is a good choice.

How is the game, guys?

I played a lot of MW multi in the betas, when the game was released i finished the campaign but barely played the multiplayer, i didn't liked the final balance of the game, i thought it favoured campers too much and i like to moviment myself in the maps.

I was planning to play Cyberpunk 2077 now in December, but i decided to wait for the next-gen patch. So i'm wondering if Cold War is a good choice.
By what you've just said about MW I say yes. I think you'll like it.

Bolivar687

Banned
How is the game, guys?

I went back to MW today and I was surprised at how slow it is. Cold War has faster movement and the maps have shorter sightlines and fewer redundant hiding spots. The spawning makes it easier to stay with your team and there's overall fewer shortcuts and blind spots where you have to worry about someone coming out of nowhere behind you.

I generally prefer MW's style multiplayer but I have to admit that Cold War is the overall better offering.

Anyone getting the connection interuppted on ps5?it's happening now and then with me,I've put my ps5 in DMZ and nat is open,I've got over 100mb download and at least 30mb up,so I don't know why it's happening

Grinchy

Banned
I got absolutely bodied last night. And the lobbies didn't get any easier at all.

I was also blind drunk which may have been a factor. I'm gonna' shit all over some disabled chicks next time I hop on.
I wasn't drunk but we kept track and won 3 out of 18 matches.

Something was screwy with the retarded matchmaking for sure.

I wasn't drunk but we kept track and won 3 out of 18 matches.

Something was screwy with the retarded matchmaking for sure.
That's interesting. Because drunk as I was, the matchmaking still seemed off. I generally do OK while pissed, but last night was brutal.

I hope Activision haven't implemented something stupid to combat the session joining.

Chiggs

Did anyone here on a Series X get visual glitches on the mountains in the Mt Yamantau level of the campaign? Looked like fucked up, flickering shadows.

Grinchy

Banned
I've noticed that you can lose 5 games in a row, look at your win/loss tab on the summary page, and it will tell you that you've won the last 5 games.

I think that this (yet another) bug may be the reason it keeps placing us into "you will get your shit pushed in" matches over and over again. Some bugged part of it thinks you keep winning the last shit push-in despite being dominated.

I reenabled cross play last night (had it turned off for a few weeks) and it was like I was instantly in one of Korean Savage's lobbies. Bots everywhere. The matchmaking is so weird.

Nymphae

Banned
I tried to check out the crossplay switch yesterday and the option was locked off, greyed out with a lock on it. No idea what that's about.

splattered

Played all X2 XP weekend long and took my character from like lvl 9 to 55 and rolled over with the double XP they had going. Performance was great with slight chugs here and there which really felt more like internet issue than system framerate issues. The game did freeze on me three times though but it always happened when i tried to pull up the XSX guide and record a clip (still getting used to the share button)

ManaByte

Gold Member
Literally everyone on a mic when loading into the Alcatraz map:
giphy.gif

Bombolone

Gold Member
"Gentlemen, is the threat real?"

watched the 2nd vid so far. interesting stuff.
I have played COD since pc back in the day. I do miss the ability to just dick around in a game.
COD CW is the first COD i have started playing heavily in a while, but it was instantly noticeable.
After week 1 or 2, its all about the meta. All maps and games play the same, same guns, same sight points.

Also Activision and Developers being silent on SBMM isn't a surprise at all. I said it once, I will say it til im blue in the face. Its money.
within that algorithm exists the conditions to maximize the general player bases 'play' time with the game. Its there to make sure people don't level up to fast/grind camo and have nothing to do (move onto a new game) and protect the casual player base from becoming frustrated (quitting) if always steamrolled by better players.

Im still enjoying CW but im not under any illusion that money has influence.

Top Bottom