• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War |OT| Deniable Operations

splattered

I'm loving the new Outbreak zombies mode but finding it difficult to get the flawless crystals to fully upgrade any ammo mods/perks. Even when we exfil difficulty 3 i am not getting the crystals for some reason. There was one match where most of the group dipped out beginning of difficulty 2 so me and another rando beasted through to end of difficulty 3 and exfilled by ourselves and i got some then, but other then that i haven't seen any more... watched some youtube videos etc showing how to get them but they just aren't dropping :/

Rathalos

Banned
Picked this up for £15 on Reddit (Nvidia code) and it really feels unfinished, I'm usually a huge fan of Treyarch entries but this feels rushed, and the maps just aren't hitting with me.

splattered

Welp season 3 just dropped... i loaded it up and my CP are gone? I didn't have a ton but i definitely had some at the end of last season. Haven't bought the battlepass yet, but wondering if anyone else's CP points are missing?

Picked this up for £15 on Reddit (Nvidia code) and it really feels unfinished, I'm usually a huge fan of Treyarch entries but this feels rushed, and the maps just aren't hitting with me.

Im a massive COD fan as in I buy it day one every year but in all honestly, if you think this looks unfinished, you should of seen launch day :) I dont like that, developers are given a pass to bring out half baked product with minimum map but overtime it will be stacked. Back in the day you would have like 14 MP maps out of the gate and then 3 new ones every 3 months. Now I think it launched with like 6....comon.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I can't believe they still haven't fixed some of these bugs:
1. Screen space reflections resetting to low every time I boot the game
2. voice chat suspended in red text in the upper left corner of the screen if you turn voice chat

Shmunter

I fired this up the other day. Good god I felt like I'm in las vegas on that launch screen. Trying to sell me this pass, that skin, limited time countdown for something, colors flashing everywhere. Absolutely disgusting.

Man, and they said Mobile Gaming didn't win.

wipeout364

Is anybody else getting a massive update for season 4? Mine is saying 192 GB, it’s like it’s reinstalling the whole game.

Is anybody else getting a massive update for season 4? Mine is saying 192 GB, it’s like it’s reinstalling the whole game.

Something probably messed up. I used to get a 30GB update every single day for season 3. Even if I uninstalled it and put it back on, it would still keep doing it. Luckily S4 fixed that for me.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Just hit a few milestones:
1. Hit the 100 hour mark
2. Finally hit Prestige level 4. It's weird that they reset your level every season if you don't hit the next prestige up.
3. Got the gold camo for the FARA 83 (my second gold).

Sure it has some bugs but I think this is going to be my favorite FPS this gen (unless BF is better this fall).
I also wish they would add reflections to the ray tracing support.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
Just hit prestige lv 6 and I think I'm done for now. I'd put this as my favorite FPS of the generation so far (much better than BF2042 and Vanguard).

I also did this tonight:
ruchIlh.jpg

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
I was prestige 6 and today I log in to see that I'm level 7 with no prestige. Apparently they reset ALL the prestiges because Vanguard's season one started.
Also, after the new patch the game now crashes when I try to start a match. Not a happy camper at the moment....

edit: I can't even view my combat records to see my total play time or stats until I'm lv 10? Sigh.

Last edited:

Matt_Fox

I've enjoyed my time with Vanguard, but now having played Halo Infinite it really does seem like a poor relation and I cant see myself playing much more COD until next year's entry comes out (hopefully the Cartel plot line is true, that sounds like something fresh for the series).

I suspect that ultimately history will regard Vanguard as a 'lesser' entry in the COD franchise.

jorgejjvr

Gold Member
Man I just went off, 113 Kills tonight on diesel, 2 vtols, 2 gunships

Funny enough, another of my best games was another 113 kill game but in hijacked, the exact same streaks too lol

I guess 113 is my number

Ryuji Goda

I started it today on PS5. I just finished the mission in the Russian base with the 80's arcade and fake 80's town (really cool).

So far, Cold War just might be my favourite COD campaign. I especially love the overall vibe; the leather jackets, the spy gadgets, the computers/floppy/discs etc. Really well done.

Top Bottom