• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Ghosts 360/PS3/WiiU/PC box art appears, 11/5/2013, rumored details

Goomba64

Banned
Next CoD info leaked?
http://youtu.be/hQBprYUW3gk

• Call of Duty: Ghosts. Activision toyed with Call of Duty: Phantoms, but settled on Ghosts.
  • Steering away from "Modern Warfare" to start its own thing, though is still kinda Modern Warfare 4.
  • Set in the future, kind of like Black Ops, but with current generation weaponry. Some plot event forces people of that time period to use our generation weapons.
  • Dynamic loading screens, as in the traditional loading countdown is replaced with some kind of animated sequence (rappel in from chopper, sneak in, etc).
  • Movement changes. Dash->slide+shooting. Corner peeking. Prone left/right roll.
  • Spec Ops gone, replaced with new mode.
  • Team aiming for more destructive environments. Working in single player, but team is having some issues with implementing it in multiplayer.
  • Launching only on next generation consoles: NextBox, PlayStation 4, and PC. [Note: See next two quotes, this was from a different source as the rest of the information.]
  • Reveal sometime around the start of May.
I believe that was a rumour from a different source in the OP. The main bulk of info came from one guy, and the next-gen only thing came from another.
Yeah, I just listened to it again. He says the platform rumour did "not come from this source, but someone else", so it should be considered separate.

Update:

Boxart from TESCO:

ghostseszjh.jpg

Goldrusher said:

Update 2:

For whatever it's worth (sorry if this was already covered), the Target ad for May 5th-May 11th leaked over at the Blu-Ray forums, and it includes info on a Ghosts pre-order.

PvcA85Ul.jpg

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Split bump.

I haven't actually watched this all, so if the rumor sounds illogical someone feel free to point it out in this thread.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Currently watching it, this guy seems like he thinks this info is pretty real but who knows

~May 1st reveal date
Future game with current gen weaponry
"Dynamic" loading for MP (repel into the map instead of a boring load screen)

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Oh, an alleged title for the game? Immediate thought was a Zombies type mode with Ghosts, lol.

Guevara

Ugh this guy is so annoying to listen to. 1:30 in and no details really.

----------

Was called COD: Phantoms, now Ghost. Big reveal May 1,

Set in the future, current gen weapons (this is a plot point)

New game, not MW4, just: CALL OF DUTY: GHOSTS

Gorillaz

Said it before and I'll say it again, usually CoD commentators aren't that in the know, sometimes Woodysgamertag gets things but not anything too surprising. The only way they would go "next gen only" is if they still have a current gen cod for PS360. No way Activision would just abandon current gen

That said, usually fake (and even some real) cod leaks usually happen around the time a new one is announced. So most likely the next cod will be announced very soon

Said it before and I'll say it again, usually CoD commentators aren't that in the know, sometimes Woodysgamertag gets things but not anything too surprising.

That said, usually fake (and even some real) cod leaks usually happen around the time a new one is announced. So most likely the next cod will be announced very soon

Deducting information about future games from alleged leaks from future games. I like it. What about the Xbox event coming up?

Alucrid

Banned
set in future? current weapons? why even go to the future if you aren't using that to make up bat shit insane weapons

The fact that the next-gen only part didn't come from his main trusted source makes me think that it's inaccurate. There's simply no way I can see Activision dropping the PS3 and 360. Even in a best case scenario they wouldn't get Ghosts sales up to half of what they'd pull in on those platforms. And Activision isn't in this business to help Sony and MS grow their userbases. Which is all going exclusive to next-gen consoles would accomplish.

Unless there's a counterpart current gen game in the works that is slightly less enticing.

Thats what i mean MW4 would be the current gen targeting the 20mill that buy COD every year while whatever this ghosts is would be a spinnoff. If there is only one COD this year it wil 100% be on 360 and PS3.

Salsa

Dynamic loading screens, if this isn't rubbish, sound like they'll get old after one or two games.

one can only assume that they'd be optional per server

at least on PC

I mean they'd be cool forever if they dont require any player interaction

mr stroke

If this is true, then the only way it happens is-

COD Ghosts-Xbox 720/PC/PS4 (all new engine)

COD MW4-360/PS3/Wii U (old quake engine)

no way Activision abandons the massive 360/PS3 user base

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Unless there's a counterpart current gen game in the works that is slightly less enticing.

Thats what i mean MW4 would be the current gen targeting the 20mill that buy COD every year while whatever this ghosts is would be a spinnoff. If there is only one COD this year it wil 100% be on 360 and PS3.

Is this supposed to be Neversoft's game?

If they're not assisting with a main game, then I could see a spin-off on next-gen only.

Like Sledgehammer was making Call of Duty: Fog of War at one point which would have been in addition to the yearly games.

I don't think it would release at the same time though.

BLAZER

This has to be real. Just because there's no mention of the title MW4 in that leaked poster. Plus the information really does sound legit and a step in a different direction for the franchise.

62091_414870745273262_962197012_n.png

All my money is on this leak being real.

Salsa

This has to be real. Just because there's no mention of the title MW4 in that leaked poster. Plus the information really does sound legit and a step in a different direction for the franchise.

lmao that tagline

fits with the current era weapons I guess.. ?

Can't see a CoD being announced/tied with a next gen console. Same with EA and Battlefield. Activision would probably want it's own thing. IMO

yep, same happened with Assassins Creed. The mega franchises get their own events so they can have all the media attention for that whole week+.

El_Chino

I believe that was confirmed fake a while back.

If they were to make MW4 for current gen and have that set up the Ghosts trilogy on next gen, that's be sort of cool. It'd also get people to buy 2 cod games in one year.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
yep, same happened with Assassins Creed. The mega franchises get their own events so they can have all the media attention for that whole week+.

It's worth noting all the third party games at Sony's event were either already revealed, new IPs, and/or tech demos.

Top Bottom