• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Ghosts min specs: x64 OS, 6GB RAM, 550Ti DX11, 50GB HDD. Recom: GTX780

New, revised / final ones: http://community.callofduty.com/com...ty-ghosts-pc-system-requirements#.UmjTBxBMdJN

Minimum System Requirements
CPU: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E8200 2.66 GHZ / AMD Phenom™ X3 8750 2.4 GHZ or better
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 40 GB
Video: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTS 450 / ATI® Radeon™ HD 5870 or better
Sound: DirectX compatible sound card
DirectX®: DirectX® 11
Internet: Broadband Internet connection for Steam and Online Multiplayer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old specs:

http://www.geforce.com/games-applications/pc-games/call-of-duty-ghosts/system-requirements

Minimum System Requirements
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8200 2.66 GHZ / AMD Phenom X3 8750 2.4 GHZ or better
RAM: 6 GB RAM
HDD: 50 GB HD space
Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti / ATI Radeon HD 5870 or better
Sound: DirectX Compatible Sound Card
DirectX: 11
Internet: Broadband connection and service required for Multiplayer Connectivity. Internet connection required for activation.

Recommended System Requirements
Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780

dat Quake 3 engine

Krakn3Dfx

I hope these bumps in system requirements for PC versions of games with next gen means that we'll actually get some better looking/running ports on the PC.

But I'm not hopeful.

Maybe if we pretend that the system requirements for our game are super next gen people will think the game is also next gen.

Zios

Banned
coddog.gif

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
The Squads mode probably is what warrants the 6GB RAM. It's not just you but you plus AI teammates plus your buddies plus their AI teammats plus the enemies plus THEIR AI teammates.

shit gon get cray

MormaPope

Banned
This is some malarchy, a whole lotta malarchy.

Did people expect that next gen games would essentially be running PC games on 'high"

CoD Ghosts isn't a next gen title, its a cross gen title and the next gen versions don't look incredibly stunning either.

USC-fan

Banned
Welcome to next gen pc gamers. It only going to get worse.

Just look back in 2005 when new consoles launched. Hardware gets outdated very fast.

We really need those 20nm gpus.

Gamespawn

Did Infinity Ward and Ubisoft like totally skip optimization or something

Probably since they don't optimize much for PC. You're expected to brute force everything. Optimization is being saved for next-gen consoles. That's where they make their money.

kulapik

Nvidia's moneyhatting train never stops.

Seriously, I might have to change my laptop, and I don't want to ;_;

McHuj

This is some malarchy, a whole lotta malarchy.

CoD Ghosts isn't a next gen title, its a cross gen title and the next gen versions don't look incredibly stunning either.

That's probably why the spec is so high, by targeting everything you can't really optimize for anything.

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
Anyone that argued you could build a $400 Gaming PC that would be "fine" for the start of the next gen gaming must now be feeling a little sheepish, that's for sure.

Top Bottom