• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Ghosts online multiplayer discussion thread

SmokeMaxX

NNID gamer1984

I seem to only be good at playing free-for-all. Is free for all limited to 8 players? what are other good modes online? whats a good way to up your XP?

i ask these questions as i dont online game much but i bought Ghost for Wii U so might as well get my moneys worth.
I think FFA is either 8 or 12 players. Only played it a little bit for the achievement. Get Wire Tap ASAP for it though. It's AMAZING. Also, I would recommend the invisible to SatCom perk but it's not as useful as Wire Tap for FFA.

I really like Hunted and Infected for CoD, but I usually like the gametypes that noone else does. Cranked is okay (slightly above TDM for me) and Blitz is pretty fun. I'm not sure what the BEST way to level up your XP but my buddies who usually play TDM are all higher level than me while playing less hours (which is weird). Actually I hear cranked is the way to go if you can chain kills.

Prepare to get shot in the back a lot though, especially after you spawn.

Ryde3

Anyone play Ghosts split screen online? Does the second player have to sign into their PSN account? Normally, you just press X and you're in but the PS4 wants my buddy to sign in. Am I missing something?

I had no problems playing Squads/Extinction splitscreen on PS4 but I cannot seem to get online with player 2 as a guest... no splitscreen online perhaps?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I had no problems playing Squads/Extinction splitscreen on PS4 but I cannot seem to get online with player 2 as a guest... no splitscreen online perhaps?

I created my friend a PSN account and we played for 3 hours last night without a hitch.

I hate the MP... it can be so fun but its hampered down by gigantic maps. They killed what made COD great with the maps.

So the other day there was a guy in a match that whenever he would shoot me and I'd watch the killcam, instead of seeing blood when the bullets hit, there was a red display thing showing bullet impact. I don't even know how to describe it, but it was like geometric shapes, I guess parallelograms instead of the blood splatter.

It wasn't a targeting thing because it did it when he was using both the basic red dot sights and iron sights.

Anyone know what perk that was and what it was doing? I'm curious.

So the other day there was a guy in a match that whenever he would shoot me and I'd watch the killcam, instead of seeing blood when the bullets hit, there was a red display thing showing bullet impact. I don't even know how to describe it, but it was like geometric shapes, I guess parallelograms instead of the blood splatter.

It wasn't a targeting thing because it did it when he was using both the basic red dot sights and iron sights.

Funny you should say that as my gun did that in a match today. I did have gambler perk on so it could have been a random perk for me, what it was and what it does, I'm not so sure :/

Mental

He was using the Deadeye Perk.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Sorry for the partial OT, but this is something I asked in the NPD thread, but I suppose I could find the answer here: what's the current amount of Ghosts players on PS4? It could be a way to start guessing how much it's selling. It could be even more if compared with other platforms' player amounts, but having just the amount of gamers on PS4 should be enough :D

Voltron64

Sorry for the partial OT, but this is something I asked in the NPD thread, but I suppose I could find the answer here: what's the current amount of Ghosts players on PS4? It could be a way to start guessing how much it's selling. It could be even more if compared with other platforms' player amounts, but having just the amount of gamers on PS4 should be enough :D
I played about 2 hours ago and there were approx. 30,000 players online.

fritolay

For anyone having problems playing multiplayer...

New PS4, COD ghosts first game to insert into console.

Game installed. Prompted for download update. Already had another game downloading.

Went back to home screen since game had a download.

Tried to play game again, when hitting multiplayer, game just froze.

Next went to downloads, multiplayer update was not there. I then deleted the game from PS4, put disk back in. Then clicked on multiplayer and it prompted for download.

Went back to home screen and waited for multiplayer updated to confirm it downloaded.

Clicked on COD again. Multiplayer would not load. Went to home screen.

At this point I realized I was switched between game and home screen, game never exited. Started another application and PS4 said it would close COD ghosts.

Then I opened COD again, which this time meant it was loading the game up again, and this time it said it was updating the game install. Clicked on multiplayer and it worked.

Ambient80

So I've been playing Extinction quite a bit. I haven't unlocked everything yet, but wow I am having a blast. Just a really fun game mode. I have got past the "city" area and on to I guess a house and farm.

So the old infected claymore glitch is back now but with IEDs.

If sticky whatever is here on GAF, post in this topic. I am not accepting applications from random people who aren't approved yet.

He is GAF and his ID is cameltoe.

EDIT: Also interesting is that the MSBS w/ Muzzle Brake is a 1 burst kill for 2100 units, while the Honey Badger is already a 5 bullet kill at 1182 units.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
The I.E.D may be the cheapest thing they've ever added to this game, it's a free, skilless kill almost guaranteed. At least you could prone Bouncing Betty's, but this I.E.D nonsense is just in another league of annoying.

I hit 3rd prestige today, and also grabbed the gold camo for the Bulldog which was a lot of fun, especially all the abuse I got for daring to play differently. I'll be getting the gold camo for the AK tomorrow as well and that's me done on camo farming.

I'm looking forward to next weeks patch, I'm hoping they fix the spawn points and add a layer of polish to the game.

th4tguy

How is lag for others? I can't seem to get a game that isn't riddled with it. Not sure if it's PSN or me. Speedtest.net is giving me 30+ download and about 5 upload.

The I.E.D may be the cheapest thing they've ever added to this game, it's a free, skilless kill almost guaranteed. At least you could prone Bouncing Betty's, but this I.E.D nonsense is just in another league of annoying.

I'll be getting the gold camo for the AK tomorrow as well and that's me done on camo farming.

Blast Shield and Sitrep are counters. You lose a perk point and you can back up after hearing the beeping.

Peek and lean kills are a bitch to do to get gold on ARs.

Rixxan

I hit 3rd prestige today, and also grabbed the gold camo for the Bulldog which was a lot of fun, especially all the abuse I got for daring to play differently. I'll be getting the gold camo for the AK tomorrow as well and that's me done on camo farming.

I'm looking forward to next weeks patch, I'm hoping they fix the spawn points and add a layer of polish to the game.

how is it any worse than claymores?

if anything i feel like i can avoid the IEDs more than claymores or bouncing bettys, their range seems very limited

Ice out or whiteout or whatever it's called, the snow level with the crashed boat is the biggest level I've seen in a call of duty game.

freefall saved us B^) but lots of people are starting to camp out in the glass corridor

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
how is it any worse than claymores?

if anything i feel like i can avoid the IEDs more than claymores or bouncing bettys, their range seems very limited

At least you could see the wire. I. E.D is a total shit show. And I really can't warrant using perks just to counter one lethal, that shouldn't be needed, and if it is that just goes to show how OP it actually is.

Fantasmo

How is lag for others? I can't seem to get a game that isn't riddled with it. Not sure if it's PSN or me. Speedtest.net is giving me 30+ download and about 5 upload.
17 down 5 up 12(!)ping, and I'm a second behind. I HAVE to camp, snipe, or use dead silence. Sucks.

At least you could see the wire. I. E.D is a total shit show. And I really can't warrant using perks just to counter one lethal, that shouldn't be needed, and if it is that just goes to show how OP it actually is.

Blast Shield protects you from all explosives, not just IED. SitRep shows you SatComs and motion sensors and IMS and IEDs. Both are useful for more than just one lethal.

IEDs also give you way more time to get away than Claymores did.

They're perfectly balanced. People just use them since there's 80 ways to get into any spot on the map.

MercuryLS

Banned
God I hope IW gets the PS4 patch out soon, the game is a ton of fun online but the framerate drops are annoying. When are dedis supposed to go up?

This is probably my favorite COD since COD4.

- SP is a lot of fun with some fun missions and scenarios.

- MP is focused on gunplay again, killstreaks aren't as powerful and there isn't shit raining down on you constantly.

- Guns pack a nice punch and are fun to use (Remington <3)

- Maps are a mixed bag but most of them are pretty good, some are too big and confusing though

- Spawns are kinda crap (please fix this IW)

MercuryLS

Banned
What is wrong with me or the game?

In other CODs, I have a quick enough reaction time if I see someone walking without their sites up, their dead. For some reason, in this game, I'm getting killed every single time.

Anyone else having a hard time adjusting? I know it's quicker to get killed too, so that's adding to my problem.

I don't know what's wrong, I can't put my finger on it... but I really don't think I'm going to like this game...

Unlock and equip Stalker and Focus. They make all the difference.

The IED is the best. I love it. It punishes rambo style play, extremely effective in domination. I have hundreds of IED kills from just tossing them next to a capture point.

Nabs

What is wrong with me or the game?

In other CODs, I have a quick enough reaction time if I see someone walking without their sites up, their dead. For some reason, in this game, I'm getting killed every single time.

Anyone else having a hard time adjusting? I know it's quicker to get killed too, so that's adding to my problem.

I don't know what's wrong, I can't put my finger on it... but I really don't think I'm going to like this game...

the netcode is really bad.

rpmurphy

Can the hypno knife work on a Rhino? I'd imagine its thick armor would prevent it from working, but what if you target its soft spots?

Been trying to get the Ghillie Suit for awhile. Probably will take 2 days now. It actually look like it would be useful. The other special suit look better though.

bar mitzvah

Neo Member
God I hope IW gets the PS4 patch out soon, the game is a ton of fun online but the framerate drops are annoying. When are dedis supposed to go up?

- MP is focused on gunplay again, killstreaks aren't as powerful and there isn't shit raining down on you constantly.

- Maps are a mixed bag but most of them are pretty good, some are too big and confusing though

Is there word on an incoming PS4 patch for the framerate? I agree with your other stuff too, but that one is huge for me. It got me killed twice yesterday.

Mononoke

Banned
I haven't played COD in a long time, but I'm finding Ghosts a lot of fun. I just need to get used to the Twitch gameplay. I get on these streaks where I'm just 100% out of sync with the game. I die literally every 20 seconds. If I get ONE kill, someone runs right into me and kills me (so I can't ever get multiple kills going).

Can be pretty frustrating.

EDIT: I know it's opinion, but what is the best Assault gun in the game? Been putting a lot into the AK. But thinking I should have went for another gun.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't played COD in a long time, but I'm finding Ghosts a lot of fun. I just need to get used to the Twitch gameplay. I get on these streaks where I'm just 100% out of sync with the game. I die literally every 20 seconds. If I get ONE kill, someone runs right into me and kills me (so I can't ever get multiple kills going).

Can be pretty frustrating.

EDIT: I know it's opinion, but what is the best Assault gun in the game? Been putting a lot into the AK. But thinking I should have went for another gun.

MSBS, I'm not sure what the best Full Auto is though, I haven't even used them all myself.

The Wii U Search and Rescue/Destroy community is such garbage. The past few days I've been in lobbies that don't even try. Almost all the players just jump off buildings and try to do 360 quickscopes/no-scopes. They don't care about winning and this has happened with players on my team and on the opposing team. Neither is fun. I'd rather play with 12 year old racists that at least try to win.

Rixxan

MSBS won't be allowed at this upcoming MLG event, I guess its too strong

I've been using it, love it - but I dont think its that much better than the AK12

Mononoke

Banned
MSBS won't be allowed at this upcoming MLG event, I guess its too strong

I've been using it, love it - but I dont think its that much better than the AK12

I think the tighter recoil/3 burst is what makes it slightly better. I've been getting way more kills with it then the AK. Just my 2 cents after going from AK to it. But I do agree it's not infinitely better or anything. Just the style of shooting makes it better for me personally.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think the tighter recoil/3 burst is what makes it slightly better. I've been getting way more kills with it then the AK. Just my 2 cents after going from AK to it. But I do agree it's not infinitely better or anything. Just the style of shooting makes it better for me personally.
I think the burst fire, and it only requiring one burst for like 80% of the ranges with a muzzle brake is what makes it advantageous in most situations. It's good not just because its a fast and efficient killer, but it's versatile.

Something that isn't burst fire really only helps you in group situations, which can vary depending on map/gametype.

kurbaan

Banned
My first COD after COD4. Its pretty good but how come there are only like 5 maps? Played TDM, Ground war and Hardcore modes and I've only seen like 4-5 different maps appears. Pretty lame.

I think COD4 was better maps wise and the online gameplay wise. I'm not that good anymore but getting better but man those Dogs are so god damn annoying. Its good when you have it but they should just get rid of it. Randomly come and one shot you.

Another thing is how come no one talks on the Mics, and wen people do for me Its always some garbled mess. I though it was an issue with my headset but its the same coming out of the TV.

Playing on PS4 btw.

ILoveBish

Ive been playing COD since MW1. I got really into it with MW2. I've day 1 purchased all of them since, getting together with the cousins and all of us playing COD together has been rough but fun throughout the years. COD attracts great and horrible players all at the same time. I've over a thousand hours easily combined with all my COD games I've played online. I love the formula, when it works right.

I pre-purchased ghosts on psn for ps4, and after playing it for a hour or so tonight online, i have so much regret. I cannot believe the number of times i start shooting at people, and they turn and kill me. I cannot count the number of times i kill a guy, then while shooting his dog, the dog teleports and kills me. It reminds me of mw2 stab teleports, but dog version thats done through AI instead of mashing. I really do not believe this game is running on dedicated servers like they said it would be. Oh and my favorite, I ran into so many people hiding in a corner, waiting for you to pass, then shooting you in the back. Happened at least 50 times.

Last but certainly not least, i ran into people who would shoot me in the leg with the sniper and OSK me over and over. He just had to shoot at the same zip code where i am and it was a one shot death. The frustration is incredible, I've played hours of BF4 online and never once felt rage like this. Is there anyway i could get a refund from sony on this? Anyway possible? ivemadeahugemistake.gif is the biggest understatement of all time when it comes to this game. I have 50 new grey hairs thanks to my play session tonight.

kurbaan

Banned
Ive been playing COD since MW1. I got really into it with MW2. I've day 1 purchased all of them since, getting together with the cousins and all of us playing COD together has been rough but fun throughout the years. COD attracts great and horrible players all at the same time. I've over a thousand hours easily combined with all my COD games I've played online. I love the formula, when it works right.

I pre-purchased ghosts on psn for ps4, and after playing it for a hour or so tonight online, i have so much regret. I cannot believe the number of times i start shooting at people, and they turn and kill me. I cannot count the number of times i kill a guy, then while shooting his dog, the dog teleports and kills me. It reminds me of mw2 stab teleports, but dog version thats done through AI instead of mashing. I really do not believe this game is running on dedicated servers like they said it would be. Oh and my favorite, I ran into so many people hiding in a corner, waiting for you to pass, then shooting you in the back. Happened at least 50 times.

Last but certainly not least, i ran into people who would shoot me in the leg with the sniper and OSK me over and over. He just had to shoot at the same zip code where i am and it was a one shot death. The frustration is incredible, I've played hours of BF4 online and never once felt rage like this. Is there anyway i could get a refund from sony on this? Anyway possible? ivemadeahugemistake.gif is the biggest understatement of all time when it comes to this game. I have 50 new grey hairs thanks to my play session tonight.

Saw this video posted: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DE73nAaYcwk#t=0

I wonder if this is the issue you have. What the guy says in the video makes sense for all the problems i have with the game.

I'm a huge CoD fan and I'm really digging Ghosts MP. Playing on PS4 and it's a very smooth experience, fast to get into matches even if there's a not of a lot of people playing. There's some framedrops, but that's to be expected in an online game and I havent died because of it yet, so I dont mind that much. The maps are quite big which I usually hate yet I really love Stonehaven. Liking these maps more than Black Ops 2 and like them far far more then MW3. Also you dont die quite so fast as in IW's CoDs usually, which is great.

This is much more, at least for now, about ifantr combat as there's rarely choppers in the air.

Top Bottom