• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Ghosts |OT| http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF9GBR3B0LE

Effect

For those playing on Wii U or even PS3. How is the Squad mode holding up? Working as intended with you going up against other teams often? Your's being played against? Gaining experience? Just focusing on that exclusively?

Thinking of rebuying the game on the Wii U and focusing my time on this front. This way if the low population becomes a problem when trying to find a match I always have an alternative. That's one of the reason why I was looking forward to this mode when it was announced. Just curious as how people have been enjoying it. Especially the Squads Safeguard mode since I believe that's pretty much Survival ala Modern Warfare 3.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I'm trying this out on XB1 and I noticed it didn't prompt me to make multiplayer the default mode on startup. Is this option not in the XB1 version?

Symphonia

Banned
Is it me or does matchmaking kinda suck on PS4? I tried to set up a simple 1vs1 for me and a friend and it wouldn't connect us to one another. It's absolutely ridiculous. Our NAT is open, we both have strong connections - what gives!?

Any NZ/Aussies playing on Xbox One? Add me to friends list! Linkx NZ

Something f**ked up with my connection, the matchmaking is putting me against Americans and Germans I haven't come across any NZ or Aus players. :| Game is unplayable for me in this state. :(

Pikawil

Unconfirmed Member
Be wary of today's in-game April Fools prank, befitting the opening post:

https://twitter.com/InfinityWard/status/450823001588506624

Bk_Giy_En_Cc_AIKva_U_620x400.png

My PS4 just cued up a 2gb odd update for Ghosts, peeps might want to set that going or whatever. No idea what it is, maybe for the next DLC? No idea.

malfcn

Are the Expert Zone codes for Spectrum different? I was given some 360 and One codes by a friend that used to work at Gamestop.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Help guys, I can't download any of the maps after I got the season pass, whats going on?
PS4 btw

zychi

Banned
So there's an internet rumor of this:
mwcollection-790x401.png
+

coming out late November after Advanced Warefare.

The rumor started before AW was announced, but I would totally buy this if it finally used dedicated servers.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Ok I contacted Sony, do not buy the season pass as you will not be able to download anything until it's fixed which has been 2 weeks now with no update.

Jinroh

Ok, so I bought this game a few days ago on PS4, and I was expecing to have some fun playing its multiplayer. I was wrong.

There is a severe lag compensation, even though I'm supposed to have a very good ping. I die 90% of the time without even having the time to aim at the guy in front of me. And even when I have time to shoot I die from the first bullet.

And every time on the kill cam I see myself totally exposed and the guy in front of me has more than enough time to kill me since I don't seem to react. Which is clearly something I don't see when I am playing.

The lag compensation is so bad it totally ruins the multiplayer experience for me.

Is there something I can do to fix this, or should I totally give up on its multiplayer, even though it was the only reason I bought that game in the first place?

rCIZZLE

Just started playing this again... is there any way to set matchmaking so I join ONLY matches that have not yet begun? Getting to the point where I auto leave any in-progress games since they're usually very lopsided and already over by the time I get there.

Hey gang,

Sold my copy awhile ago BUT just stumbled upon my Free Fall DLC code. This comes with every PS4 copy, but in case you bought used/didn't redeem:

C3L6-79N7-RKQB

Get crazy.

ILoveBish

Are there hacks on the ps4 version of this game? Either im playing with the best players on the planet, or something is up. I get into certain lobbies where the team we're up against has a average 5-8.0 k/d in matches against us. Sometimes i get normal lobbys and i do my usual 2.0-3.0 range, but every player on their team in these bad lobbys knows exactly where i am and has 0 hesitation turning corners and killing me in a blink, they dont even aim while turning, they just run, turn, put up rifle and fire in one smooth motion as if they know the exact spot i'll be.

drotahorror

PS4 getting another 2.5gb patch for Ghosts. I thought this last system update allowed for a better patch system? Every other week there's a 2.5gb patch for Ghosts. All it ever does is make my framerate worse and add different menu music. I don't have any dlc.

Ade

Okay, so I've picked this up (and the Season Pass) on the XB1 crazily cheap... I assume the Xbox Store is having some quirks with working out bundles, as I magically got the "Digital Hardened Edition" for £30.

Anyways, the campaign is okay, MP is shite but I LOVE Extinction.

However, Im having issues getting in a party that isn't either AFK or beyond shit.

Are there any groups of people who fancy running through it with me at some point. I don't think im terrible....

XB1: AdyCarter

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Playing Favela again is awesome but at the same time it has me missing all the other maps I loved from MW2.

I'd be perfectly ok if the last map pack was nothing but old MW2 maps. I'd pick Estate, Wasteland, Sub Base, and Rundown.

belushy

Banned
This is on sale ($35) for 360 on GoD. I know it is probably cheaper in stores, but I have extra XBL credit. Are the maps so far worth the extra $30 for the Season pass?

edit: Actually, skimming through the last few pages I might skip on this. Don't really like what I'm reading. Carry on, thread.

This is on sale ($35) for 360 on GoD. I know it is probably cheaper in stores, but I have extra XBL credit. Are the maps so far worth the extra $30 for the Season pass?

edit: Actually, skimming through the last few pages I might skip on this. Don't really like what I'm reading. Carry on, thread.
CoD kids don't like it, halo kids do to an extent.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Cross-post from the Steam thread:

This is probably a long shot, but did anyone here buy the physical Hardened Edition of Call of Doggy: Ghosts? I'm curious as to whether or not it includes the Watcher DLC as the digital flavour does, the latter of which is no longer available as of a little less than two weeks ago.

Edit: Ah, never mind, it was supposed to be limited to pre-orders but was accidentally left in the Russian post-release package.

I didn't want to make an RTTP post so I thought I would just reply to this thread...

I'm almost finished with my second playthrough of the campaign as well as playing some multiplayer again. For me it confirms what I felt when the game first came out. Call of duty ghosts is second only to black ops one in my opinion. The campaign is fun and the multiplayer with it's smaller maps that are not just sniper fests are much more my style. I'm not sure anybody here agrees with me but I love this game. I'm playing on the 360 like I did the first time. Was there more hate for the next gen versions?

Top Bottom