• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Ghosts Special Editions (Leaked?)

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Thanks to Endless in the CoD MP thread.

1792666-YJL4YA2.jpg

SJS

And they've still yet to justify this game to anyone who actually played COD before the release of MW2.

Give me WaW 2 please. Also, OT: does anyone know what happened to that Chinese COD4 / MW2 fusion?

glaurung

For some reason I own the hardened editions of MW3 and BO2. If I ever find myself purchasing this indescribably shoddy, chinese mass-produced shite again - I will stab myself in the leg with a fish fork.

Ugh.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
For some reason I own the hardened editions of MW3 and BO2. If I ever find myself purchasing this indescribably shoddy, chinese mass-produced shite again - I will stab myself in the leg with a fish fork.

Ugh.

I liked the MW3 Hardened Edition - came with a season pass for all the DLC (which in hindsight was pretty underwhelming) and Soap's journal, which I thought was pretty awesome tbh.

And they've still yet to justify this game to anyone who actually played COD before the release of MW2.

Give me WaW 2 please. Also, OT: does anyone know what happened to that Chinese COD4 / MW2 fusion?

Call of Duty Online? That's only available in China.

El_Chino

I only ever bought MW 2 prestige edition. NEVER AGAIN. Maybe I'll pick the Hardened edition if they convince to like the game.

Hip Hop

Previous hardened editions have been priced at $80.

The Modern Warfare 3 Prestige Edition was $100, which included the season pass. The previous Hardened Editions that were priced $80 did not include any map packs/season pass.

The prices of both, the Hardened Edition and Prestige Edition have leaked via Amazon.

COD: Ghosts Hardened Price: $119

COD: Ghosts Prestige Price: $199

via: http://www.charlieintel.com/2013/08/14/call-of-duty-ghosts-prestige-and-hardened-edition-leaked/

Toa TAK

Banned

Trogdor1123

The hardened could be a decent deal depending on price. If its 80 bucks like you guys think it will be its a day 1 for me. 90 would even be fine by me.

Edit:

120? WTF is the point then?

glaurung

I liked the MW3 Hardened Edition - came with a season pass for all the DLC (which in hindsight was pretty underwhelming) and Soap's journal, which I thought was pretty awesome tbh.
I considered the season pass for MW3 pretty much worthless. I did like Soap's "war journal" but it could not hold a single candle to Halo Reach's epic hardcover journal.

test_account

XP-39C²
The Modern Warfare 3 Prestige Edition was $100, which included the season pass. The previous Hardened Editions that were priced $80 did not include any map packs/season pass.

The prices of both, the Hardened Edition and Prestige Edition have leaked via Amazon.

COD: Ghosts Hardened Price: $119

COD: Ghosts Prestige Price: $199

via: http://www.charlieintel.com/2013/08/14/call-of-duty-ghosts-prestige-and-hardened-edition-leaked/
There was no Prestige Edition for Modern Warfare 3 as far as i know, only Hardened Edition (and standard edition of course).

Toa TAK

Banned
I considered the season pass for MW3 pretty much worthless. I did like Soap's "war journal" but it could not hold a single candle to Halo Reach's epic hardcover journal.

The diary was the best part of the Hardened edition, speaking as someone who actually liked the story/world of the Modern Warfare trilogy. But you're right, Halsey's was in a whole different ballpark.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Activision, where our motto is, if we include enough things with our games, people won't notice the decline in quality software! ;)

Prologue

Looks like they are supporting clan groups. I've always wonder why theres little support in games for them. That aspect of Halo 2 was wonderful and it made me want a core feature like that on xbox live. Sort of like an extra friends list but for core people.

kuYuri

There is no way Hardened is $120. That leaves no room for a benefit, it should be $80 honestly. I hope that's a mistake.

MW3's Hardened was originally $100, this Ghosts' version should be about that ballpark if the contents are really as they are. Pretty identical except replace Soap's journal with that strap thing and some extra in-game digital stuff.

Top Bottom