• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Call of Duty: Ghosts" will have dedicated servers on ALL platforms!!

More should be added to the OP

Brought to my attention by Psycho Powaa

Interesting update from Mark Rubin, Executive Producer:

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rpgkjd

GHOSTS ONLINE CONNECTIVITY UPDATE: I wanted to give a quick update on some of the work that has been done to improve everyone’s online experience. We’ve already mentioned dedicated servers as part of the overall plan to improve connectivity. Dedicated servers will be used on current gen, next gen and PC with Ghosts. And, in order to make sure that people have the best possible experience regardless of platform, location or connection, Ghosts will be using a hybrid system of dedicated servers and listen servers. So no matter where you are the game will always be trying to give you the best online performance possible. There is also some great new tech in the matchmaking system that will place players in matches that have the best combined overall connectivity performance. Again these are just some of the things that are going into Call of Duty: Ghosts to give players a great online experience. Can’t wait to see you all online.”

satam55

Banned
From Mark Rubin of Infinity Ward
HOSTS ONLINE CONNECTIVITY UPDATE: I wanted to give a quick update on some of the work that has been done to improve everyone’s online experience. We’ve already mentioned dedicated servers as part of the overall plan to improve connectivity. Dedicated servers will be used on current gen, next gen and PC with Ghosts. And, in order to make sure that people have the best possible experience regardless of platform, location or connection, Ghosts will be using a hybrid system of dedicated servers and listen servers. So no matter where you are the game will always be trying to give you the best online performance possible. There is also some great new tech in the matchmaking system that will place players in matches that have the best combined overall connectivity performance. Again these are just some of the things that are going into Call of Duty: Ghosts to give players a great online experience. Can’t wait to see you all online.”

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rpgkjd

He also basically admits that MS paid Infinity Ward/Activision to only speak about the dedicated servers on Xbox1:
https://twitter.com/IWMarkRubin/status/387298456726802433

I've just also realized that he could just mean 360,Xbone,and PC

but by not stating them specifically he could just be under some marketing contract

V_Ben

Banned
Ha, all platforms get dedicated servers, but they can't explicitly say that the PS3/4 versions get dedicated servers because of some deal. NDAs are weird.

How embarrassing that Microsoft specified in their contract that Infinity Ward can't publicly state the Playstation versions have dedicated servers. So we end up with this nonsense.

So BF4 and Ghosts will have dedis on PS4 while sony can't muster up the same for one of their flagship titles (killzone)? Lame.

I thought the servers that Microsoft was using wasn't a xbox only thing and could be used for literally anything(including PS4)? I could be wrong but that's what I remember reading on gaf. I also read that the dedicated servers for xbox one aren't free but they are cheaper than any alternative. So if ghost PS4 is using dedicated servers, is it the same one XB1 is using?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Well I know a few people who switched their console preorder from PS4 to Xbone due to COD having dedicated servers. Mission accomplished I suppose.

ThisOne

Would have been nice for them to do this with past versions. the lag compensation and general connectivity problems that I had with the last couple CODs really turned me off to the series. Doubt I'll pick up Ghosts unless Killzone SF and BF4 are huge disappointments.

B.O.O.M

The actual f!? MS paid for them NOT to talk about dedicated servers on other platforms? hahaha that's just a new low. I honestly don't recall something like this happening before

remember when dedicated servers for MW2 PC was a pie in the sky dream by whiny entitled PC gamers who couldn't accept IW's gracious superior P2P vision

N.Domixis

Banned
Good, that eliminates a possible advantage for the xbone. Xbone Cod having exclusive dedicated severs would have been huge.

Top Bottom